Author Topic: How did the PDI flip floppers end up?  (Read 10783 times)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
Re: How did the PDI flip floppers end up?
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2008, 06:19:52 PM »
Remember those silly NPC competitors that decided to go to Wayne's PDI, then changed the minds (thanks to pressure) and decided they wanted to ear a REAL pro card?

how did things work out for them?

Vinnie Galanti -  torn bicep, 2nd place masters nationals.  Retired from NPC competition

TJ Shoenborn - torn bicep and rotator - NABBA nationals, 3rd place.  Retired from NPC competition

So much for "being rewarded for their loyalty", huh?

Hey Skippy I'm right here.....

Yep I placed 2nd last year, and I looked like shit....But I am not retired from competition at all.

my bicep has healed real nice, you cant tell all that much when i do a front double bi shot.
as far as being rewarded, i never got that memo that the npc would take care of me for my loyalty...lol

Am I happy that i never went through with the PDI....YES.

We all make stupid mistakes sometimes.

but i didn't look too bad for looking like shit though.....

ANIMAL

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
here ya go skippy
ANIMAL

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2008, 06:25:25 PM »
Hey Vinny how r u doing?
long time no talk!

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2008, 06:26:45 PM »
Hey Vinny how r u doing?
long time no talk!

everything is good...im home, call me

this is for skippy....
ANIMAL

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »
everything is good...im home, call me

this is for skippy....

I could go for peanut butter

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »
good to see big v..back for a post. 8)

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2008, 05:13:02 AM »
good to see big v..back for a post. 8)
Yes it is!

Vinny and I had a good talk last nite and he is far from done!
Have not heard him this fired up in years!

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »
Happy Easter everyone!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2008, 10:25:44 AM »
??? ???

Oops sorry bro...I thought you were in the film Weird Science with her...My mistake

TViking

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2008, 10:41:06 AM »

Hey Skippy I'm right here.....

Yep I placed 2nd last year, and I looked like shit....But I am not retired from competition at all.

my bicep has healed real nice, you cant tell all that much when i do a front double bi shot.
as far as being rewarded, i never got that memo that the npc would take care of me for my loyalty...lol

Am I happy that i never went through with the PDI....YES.

We all make stupid mistakes sometimes.

but i didn't look too bad for looking like shit though.....

Where was the stupid mistake? As mentioned earlier, a guy like you or TJ competing in PDI would have been no different than Kai Greene’s competing in the WNBF (winning its World and Universe titles), before he twice won the NPC/IFBB Team Universe.

Look at Lee Priest. He stated in his MuscleMag column that, if the IFBB didn’t reinstate him, he would compete at the NABBA Mr. Universe, countering Shawn Ray’s claims that his career was over.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2008, 12:35:41 PM »
Look at Lee Priest. He stated in his MuscleMag column that, if the IFBB didn’t reinstate him, he would compete at the NABBA Mr. Universe, countering Shawn Ray’s claims that his career was over.

Please oh please compete in the NABBA Pro Universe.  I'll book my ticket to Manchester now!

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2008, 01:01:36 PM »

Thanks buddy.
Shawn Ray huh
If it is I would hope he would have the balls to use his real name who ever he is.

sean rey likes balls.

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »
LOL

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2008, 09:23:43 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »
lol

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla

mass 04

• Getbig V

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 11:15:28 AM »

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 11:47:13 AM »

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

bigslick

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:53 PM »
Dude when I did thatshow I had shingles down my left arm and delt. I was very sick and yet I still went to do the show. I was not near my best, Was holding a boat load of water. But yes I will be able to go beyond my form I brought to the North Americans where I won the heavies and barely lost to Haley!

The North American is a pretty weak show compared to the USA and Nationals, what was your highest placing at either one of those shows. Not hating, just wondering?  In my opinion the north american doesnt have the same caliber competitor at all. 

Do you consider your self pro from a class win only? didnt you get crushed at the usa on your previous attempt?

Dont engage in this childish play JT, no one really cares about your cars, house, job, and wife.  If you have to tell everyone what you got, then you just seem insecure about it.  Just keep boasting about your NA win, and do the USA to redeme yourself

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
The North American is a pretty weak show compared to the USA and Nationals, what was your highest placing at either one of those shows. Not hating, just wondering?  In my opinion the north american doesnt have the same caliber competitor at all. 

Do you consider your self pro from a class win only? didnt you get crushed at the usa on your previous attempt?

Dont engage in this childish play JT, no one really cares about your cars, house, job, and wife.  If you have to tell everyone what you got, then you just seem insecure about it.  Just keep boasting about your NA win, and do the USA to redeme yourself

I took 5th in Jr Nationals Middlewts in 2003, I took 3rd in the 2004 Jr Nationals Light Heavy and  9th at the 2004 USA's as a Lightheavy. In 2005 I won my class at the North Americans as a Heavy Weight. And came very close to beating Marcus Haley in the overall and many including Phil Heath thought I did beat him for the Pro card. That is 3 different weight classes in 3 years. I am not saying I am the best or better then so in so,or that I am of pro quality,  but I do feel I did somethings that the greater majority in this sport will never get to do and that is win my class at a pro qualifier and be in the overall for a pro card.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2008, 07:51:45 AM »

I took 5th in Jr Nationals Middlewts in 2003, I took 3rd in the 2004 Jr Nationals Light Heavy and  9th at the 2004 USA's as a Lightheavy. In 2005 I won my class at the North Americans as a Heavy Weight. And came very close to beating Marcus Haley in the overall and many including Phil Heath thought I did beat him for the Pro card. That is 3 different weight classes in 3 years. I am not saying I am the best or better then so in so,or that I am of pro quality,  but I do feel I did somethings that the greater majority in this sport will never get to do and that is win my class at a pro qualifier and be in the overall for a pro card.
top 10 in any of those shows is a good showing,and if a competitor takes those places and improves each showing and gets some positive press or judges eye will creep up to top 5 consistently .they will look for u in the lineup every yr as long as u show up in as good or better than previous showing,t.j.did it 3 yrs in row and different classes and was in great shape too...

tjschoenborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2008, 11:21:31 AM »
top 10 in any of those shows is a good showing,and if a competitor takes those places and improves each showing and gets some positive press or judges eye will creep up to top 5 consistently .they will look for u in the lineup every yr as long as u show up in as good or better than previous showing,t.j.did it 3 yrs in row and different classes and was in great shape too...

Thanks Buddy!