Author Topic: Will gas prices drop just before the 2008 election?  (Read 1172 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Will gas prices drop just before the 2008 election?
« on: March 21, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
Remember when they dropped gas prices a full $1 right before the 2004 elections, then, on Nov 10th, they started rising again, and have continued rising?

Wouldn't it be funny if they did it again?

Also, wouldn't it be funny if the same morons who called it a coincidence last time (that prices dropped right before elections) were to call it a coincidence again?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Will gas prices drop just before the 2008 election?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 06:18:19 AM »
Cool.  I remember arguing about it here.  I thought it was manipulation, since the white house was trumpeting the lower prices so bad after running them up in the year before that.

People here like Beach Bum and Delusional Liberal said that i was crazy to believe such a thing.  They got oddly quiet when it came out about the GS actions.

Do you think anyone here will be naive/gullible enough to just believe it's innocent market activity if/when it happens again this oct/nov?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 06:24:57 AM »
Cool.  I remember arguing about it here.  I thought it was manipulation, since the white house was trumpeting the lower prices so bad after running them up in the year before that.

People here like Beach Bum and Delusional Liberal said that i was crazy to believe such a thing.  They got oddly quiet when it came out about the GS actions.

Do you think anyone here will be naive/gullible enough to just believe it's innocent market activity if/when it happens again this oct/nov?

Funny thing is, part of the reason we went in was to protect the dollar and the petro dollar cycle; now 5 years later the dollar is turning into shit, foreign banks are diversifying their currency portfolios and people are rethinking the dollar in every area particularly in terms of oil purchases...great job.  ::)
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 07:40:22 AM »
Because ur so much smarter then eveybody else. ::)
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 07:53:37 AM »
Because ur so much smarter then eveybody else. ::)

Apparently.  ;D
I hate the State.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »
im on my way to the voting booth, i have my mind made up, im voting for obama.
on the way i decide to fill up my tank and notice the gas is 20 cents cheaper. i change my mind im voting for McCain now... ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 10:50:45 AM »
on the way i decide to fill up my tank and notice the gas is 20 cents cheaper. i change my mind im voting for McCain now... ::)

for some voters, it worked.

republican pundits were on all the cable news, bragging about how great a job the repubs had done in 'fixing the economy and bringing gas prices back to normal'.

I'm sure it motivated a few people to go vote repub.  That, and the osama mushroom cloud commercial they kept playing lol...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »
On this board we're trained to look at whats going on.  Most of americans are in lala land.

So its not fair to do the rolleyes on this subject.  Most people out there are told by the media what to think.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

Change the chart to show 6 years and check the box to show crude oil prices.  Looks like they're actually keeping the prices down now.  I can imagine dems would have it easy in the election if prices were reflective of where crude oil has gone.  Based on past ratios, we would easily be at 5.00 for a gallon now.  Yea, I know they have their refinery dark box where any number of excuses get pulled from to justify whatever price.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »

not really, but i'd put an MBA in economics slightly ahead of your "military degree".

He's been "Dumbed down" for the good of brainwashing.... :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 01:46:51 PM »
Remember when they dropped gas prices a full $1 right before the 2004 elections, then, on Nov 10th, they started rising again, and have continued rising?

Also, wouldn't it be funny if the same morons who called it a coincidence last time (that prices dropped right before elections) were to call it a coincidence again?
It happed in 04 too, I remember it in 06, guess I forgot about that in 04.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »

i'm kinda looking forward to another 'terrorist' attack... :-\
carpe` vaginum!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 03:56:17 PM »
i'm kinda looking forward to another 'terrorist' attack... :-\

Bush is biting to get at Iran....No doubt he'll setup something to spur on some excitement... :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 03:59:52 PM »

Ouch! You absolute tease!!!!  >:(

I read that first sentence, and said "Yeah!", ...only to read the rest, and discover your sarcastic cynicism.

%$$4#&^%&&*$!!!!
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 04:36:42 PM »
i know guys with MBAs who hang out on getbig all day long :)