Author Topic: Gov. Richardson Endorsing Obama  (Read 2357 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gov. Richardson Endorsing Obama
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:55:46 AM »
Despite how cuddly he was with hilary during the debates - and the belief that he was trying like heck to get a VP nod - Bill Richardson is endorsing Obama today.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Gov. Richardson Endorsing Obama
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:28:06 AM »
Only the clueless (of which there are many) were speculating/predicting that he would get a VP nod from Hillary.  That was never going to happen and he knew it.  Richardson has a good relationship with the Clintons, but one should not mistake the personal for the political.

At any rate, it’s not as if Richardson had much of a constituency behind him. :-\

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:35:37 AM »
Only the clueless (of which there are many) were speculating/predicting that he would get a VP not from Hillary.  That was never going to happen and he knew it.  Richardson has a good relationship with the Clintons, but one should not mistake the personal for the political.

At any rate, it’s not as if Richardson had much of a constituency behind him. :-\

Superdelegate, my homosexual friend.
!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 02:27:00 AM »
w

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:48:52 AM »
he was my 1st choice cadidate. what Richardson lacked in glamour, name-recognition, and oratory skills, he more than made up for in choice of priorities, credentials and background, and soundness of character.

it is an absolute shame that a person like hillary clinton remains while people like bill richardson and john edwards have long since been discarded.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »
Richardson: 'I am very loyal to the Clintons'

(CNN) -- Facing fire from some fellow Democrats for his decision to endorse Sen. Barack Obama, Gov. Bill Richardson said Sunday he still considers himself loyal to the family that helped make his political career.

Gov. Bill Richardson endorsed Sen. Barack Obama, but says he is very loyal to the Clintons.

"I am very loyal to the Clintons. I served under President Clinton. But I served well. And I served the country well. And he gave me that opportunity," Richardson told "Fox News Sunday."

"But you know ... it shouldn't just be Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton," he said.

. . .

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/23/richardson/index.html

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »

That's the way I see it.  I didn't even realize he was Latino - I just assumed he was a member of one of the native American tribes. 

Based on what I'm seeing and hearing, the Clintons are viewed as 'more Latino' than Richardson is. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 10:10:52 PM »
That's the way I see it.  I didn't even realize he was Latino - I just assumed he was a member of one of the native American tribes. 

You just lost all credibility on this thread with that statement. Time for you and Bay to go play on the G&O board.
!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »
You just lost all credibility on this thread with that statement. Time for you and Bay to go play on the G&O board.

He does look Native American, but anyone who has followed him knows he is Hispanic. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 01:43:37 AM »
Clinton wins New Mexico, Richardson gets “1%” of the vote, and yet he endorses Obama? Not only can he not carry his own state, he goes against the will of the people in New Mexico.  Richardson just sold his soul for special favors that will never come to fruition.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
Or maybe these people know something about Hillary, ...and have no intention of putting her forward only to see a trainwreck take place at the 11th hour?
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
Or maybe these people know something about Hillary, ...and have no intention of putting her forward only to see a trainwreck take place at the 11th hour?

Um, is he not suppose to represent the will of the people? No wonder he did so poorly in his own State.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 07:53:28 PM »
Um, is he not suppose to represent the will of the people? No wonder he did so poorly in his own State.
No...his endorsement is based on who he feels is best for the job. There is absolutely no precedent for an endorsement being based on the votes of your constituency. The governor and both senators in Massachusetts endorsed Obama even though Hillary carried the state.

Richardson sees Hillary for the nasty, divisive bitch that she is and and did what made his conscious clear.
!