Author Topic: old competition video  (Read 2375 times)

Eagles

• Getbig I
old competition video
« on: March 21, 2008, 10:11:59 AM »
I had posted a few pictures here a while back from my last big competition (big for me anyway).  A few people asked to see a video but I did not have one.  Someone recently posted a video clip on youtube. The contest was unique because it featured two rising amateurs (Richard Jones and Gustavo Badell).  I was fortunate enough to win although it was a split decision between Richard and I.  You will have to excuse my posing and keep in mind that this was over 10 years ago.  I hope the link works (if not you can find it on youtube by searching under Filosi

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
Re: old competition video
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »
Definately a cool video!

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Wow good stuff....You got some MOVES!!!!   8)

:)

Eagles

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
Thanks.  I feel old now.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »
Nice video.Thanx!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
Great physiques!

ConanTheLibrarian

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 11:39:19 AM »
Cool video! 

With as many sports channels as there are out there now, including several ESPN ones, you'd think that they could at least show some bodybuilding contests as they used to, even if it was in the middle of the night. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »
LMAO! Funny moves, but ya look good.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 12:30:48 PM »
Cool video thanks for posting it.

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »
Cool video! 

With as many sports channels as there are out there now, including several ESPN ones, you'd think that they could at least show some bodybuilding contests as they used to, even if it was in the middle of the night. 

those days are gone

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »
Good going, Eagles! Those were the better days of bodybuilding.

We used to pull in 800 - 1200 spectators back then and before that time, but it soon dropped down to 300 to 500 a contest.

I still find it a bit boring to sit through a pro contest. The amatuer shows are a bit more interesting because you at least see new contenders who are on their way up instead of the old timers who may be on their way down.

Regardless of how i feel about the pro shows, I still have lots of respect for anyone who is willing to give up so much to get into that seemingly impossible condition.

Eagle, are you still attending the shows in your area? If so, what do you see that is a major difference between your time on stage and the present?

Thanks, Eagle.

Eagles

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »
Good going, Eagles! Those were the better days of bodybuilding.

We used to pull in 800 - 1200 spectators back then and before that time, but it soon dropped down to 300 to 500 a contest.

I still find it a bit boring to sit through a pro contest. The amatuer shows are a bit more interesting because you at least see new contenders who are on their way up instead of the old timers who may be on their way down.

Regardless of how i feel about the pro shows, I still have lots of respect for anyone who is willing to give up so much to get into that seemingly impossible condition.

Eagle, are you still attending the shows in your area? If so, what do you see that is a major difference between your time on stage and the present?

Thanks, Eagle.

I have gone to a few shows since then.  The biggest difference I see is the lack of good teens.  In the 1990s we would see classes with 15 to 20 teens in them with the top 5 to 10 looking great.  The attendance is down for sure.  That video clip is from the Powerhouse Grand Prix in 1994 and had a sold out evening show standing room only.  Thanks for the positive feedback everyone.  I turn 40 next month and I am still training hard.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »
King Kamali and Melvin Anthony ripped of your routine ;D
Arnold For President 2012.2016

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »
I had posted a few pictures here a while back from my last big competition (big for me anyway).  A few people asked to see a video but I did not have one.  Someone recently posted a video clip on youtube. The contest was unique because it featured two rising amateurs (Richard Jones and Gustavo Badell).  I was fortunate enough to win although it was a split decision between Richard and I.  You will have to excuse my posing and keep in mind that this was over 10 years ago.  I hope the link works (if not you can find it on youtube by searching under Filosi

Scott ........................ remember a kid named Peter Gelaskis?

Eagles

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »
Of course I remember Peter.  You obviously know him.  How is he doing?