Author Topic: Didn't Bill say Hill would have no chance if she lost Texas?  (Read 1256 times)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Hahaha, Clintons are people of their word

she effing lost texas, but I still have to see her gibbering on tv. 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Didn't Bill say Hill would have no chance if she lost Texas?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 05:54:06 AM »
Hahaha, Clintons are people of their word

she effing lost texas, but I still have to see her gibbering on tv. 

She was hot back in the day with Bill first won the office.  I would have hit it all day long.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:04 AM »
hilary is spending all her political capital right now.

I don't think she's at all concerned about a 2012 run at this point- it's all or nothing.  There is no way she'd get the kind of support in 2011 that she got in 2007.  Those who run the party are now aware that she's willing to make a mess of the party to get the job she wants.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 06:05:43 AM »
True but he didn't say she would drop out if Texas were lost. B.C. is infamous when it comes to parsing words. Someone should have asked what his definition of "lose" is. :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 06:19:29 AM »
True but he didn't say she would drop out if Texas were lost. B.C. is infamous when it comes to parsing words. Someone should have asked what his definition of "lose" is. :)

she said early on - she's in it til Denver.

She has already statistically lost, and she knows it.  Instead, they're framing the argument as "Obama is unelectable, so we can toss out all the other voting outcomes and just count the states that I win".

it's remarkably brash, but unsurprisingly effective.  Clintons have a hundred "Plan B"s, and this one is muddying the issue enough to keep them in it.  They should have dropped a few weeks after Huck did.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:34:09 AM »
She's running out of money but still getting a straight answer out of them is pretty much impossible. I can only imagine what kind of answer they would give if asked to define what "lose" technically means, LOL! I'd love to hear how the margin of loss is far more important than the actual delegates, how it means far less because people feel disinfranchised because the 2002 election showed that the popular vote doesn't matter and so on. BC is, hands down, the best politition (professional liar) of our generation.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:25:44 AM »
I don't think she's at all concerned about a 2012 run at this point- it's all or nothing.  There is no way she'd get the kind of support in 2011 that she got in 2007. 

I think she might eventually cut a deal with Obama to get the VP nod.  As VP, she stands a chance of running for the top spot again in the future.  As just a losing primary candidate she does not. That may actually help him also.  Since he's top of the ticket, I doubt her negatives will be carried over his run, but some women will vote for him just because of her. Also, polling shows that up to 20% of her current supporters would switch to McCain if she lost.  That may be a way to hold on to them.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:58:20 AM »
yeah, I posted here 6 weeks ago that she'd bully her way into the VP nod and everyone thought I was crazy.  It'll work.  She'll get on the ticket.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
if shes VP, you'll see the republicans running adds all day long of her and Obama bashing each other.

while those two continue to insult each other, McCain is trveling the middle east playing president.

McCain wins. mark my words

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 10:17:10 AM »
if shes VP, you'll see the republicans running adds all day long of her and Obama bashing each other.
while those two continue to insult each other, McCain is trveling the middle east playing president.

It's just like on the right, where Bush, Rush, Coulter, Hannity and Romney all called McCain a "liberal" for 6 months.

He gets the nod, and suddenly they all play nice.  Remember?

McCain would do a good job if he wins... but historically, in a time of weak economy, coming out of a war, it's a change election and the other party wins.  You do follow history, right?  Intrade has Dem candidate at 56% chance of winning right now.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
It's just like on the right, where Bush, Rush, Coulter, Hannity and Romney all called McCain a "liberal" for 6 months.

He gets the nod, and suddenly they all play nice.  Remember?

McCain would do a good job if he wins... but historically, in a time of weak economy, coming out of a war, it's a change election and the other party wins.  You do follow history, right?  Intrade has Dem candidate at 56% chance of winning right now.

well he is pretty liberal. not the same as gettinng personal like hillary and Obama. those 2 just dont go togather.

i havnt said anything yet. but im willing to now say McCain is going to win.

Obama is in deep shit with this preacher bullshit, more then you think. while he's trying to get out of it, McCain is acting like a president

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 10:27:55 AM »
well he is pretty liberal. not the same as gettinng personal like hillary and Obama. those 2 just dont go togather.
i havnt said anything yet. but im willing to now say McCain is going to win.
Obama is in deep shit with this preacher bullshit, more then you think. while he's trying to get out of it, McCain is acting like a president

Yes, mccain is doing all the presidential things... but when FOX news is admitting his repeated gaffe 5 times in 3 days about something as serious as AQ/iran connection.... chalking it up to a "senior moment"... the republicans cannot be confident.

Debates are a quick man's game... you have to think on your feet for those 'gotcha' questions, and you have to look good for 90 minutes under those hot lights. 

Reagan and Bush hated each other in 1980.  Reagan selected Bush because he got the 2nd most votes and would help him win, which he did. 

Obama's preacher bullshit... that story won't last for 30 weeks... no way.  there will be much bigger news stories and debates before then.  People will remember that obama has a crazy priest, sure.  But some will remember the day they got laid off.  Some will remember the day their kid got called for a 4th tour in iraq.  Some will remember when gas was $1.19 a gallon (in 2001).  Those memories might be a little more important to them.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 10:59:07 AM »
yeah, I posted here 6 weeks ago that she'd bully her way into the VP nod and everyone thought I was crazy.  It'll work.  She'll get on the ticket.

No. 

The DNC has to accept that hardcore Dem votes are not enough to win this election.  The independents will decide it. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »

Well, he's the White male, so of course he wins.  Duh.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 11:02:33 AM »
No. 

The DNC has to accept that hardcore Dem votes are not enough to win this election.  The independents will decide it. 

Hilary's a liberal war hawk.  Obama's a dove who people like.

Together, they will likely win the overall, as absurd as that sounds.