Author Topic: MIKE MENTZER WAS A WARRIOR AND HE DIED A WARRIOR AND A WARRIOR HE WILL ALWAYS BE  (Read 4429 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
guy trained like a beast

i wonder how many of you lads could train like e beat with mike mentzer he was the man and he did it all and did he right you know what im saying

training like a beast is where its at innit

Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Mentzer was as close to pure mesomorph as there's ever been in bodybuilding.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
mike mentzer lead a cult like group of people and he died for our sins and if things would've gone differently he could've been a worldwide religion kinda like the thing we got going on with the falcon brothers

Z

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
I'm waiting for hank wood's opinion on mentzer.  ::)

Stark

• Getbig V
All that Mentzer is right now is worm fodder

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
mentzer is in valhalla with reg park
Z

The Biggest User

• Getbig II
  • YES!
reg park was to much of a gaylord to get into valhalla. Mentzer DIED for the iron and sacrificed his mind for it in the process

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
reg park was to much of a gaylord to get into valhalla. Mentzer DIED for the iron and sacrificed his mind for it in the process
who is there with mike in valhalla ?
Z

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
Mentzer was as close to pure mesomorph as there's ever been in bodybuilding.

I'd also add Bertil Fox and Casey Viator. 

The Biggest User

• Getbig II
  • YES!
who is there with mike in valhalla ?

Erick the Red, Braveheart and Serpentor... in that order.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Erick the Red, Braveheart and Serpentor... in that order.

sounds accurate
Z

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Gaylord? Are you disrespecting Reg Park? He was one of the first guys to bench 500 pounds. He trained hard and heavy and had a great physique by the early 1950's without steroids. He was Arnold's inspiration to start training. Gaylord? You should be shot for that.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Mentzer was no warrior...

He had a good physique and was pretty strong.  Great triceps and forearms. 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Viator for sure he was one of the originals

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
speaking of mesos hows abouts sergio olivia?

The Biggest User

• Getbig II
  • YES!
Gaylord? Are you disrespecting Reg Park? He was one of the first guys to bench 500 pounds. He trained hard and heavy and had a great physique by the early 1950's without steroids. He was Arnold's inspiration to start training. Gaylord? You should be shot for that.

He never sacrificed anything for the iron, he was a racist on top of it.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
He never sacrificed anything for the iron, he was a racist on top of it.

How was he racist?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Following the loss at the 1980 Mr. Olympia, Mentzer reportedly ran into numerous problems. In the late 1970's, he was reported to have begun using amphetamines, claiming he took them only as an ergogenic aid to help facilitate a hectic lifestyle. Mentzer left his position at Weider Publications shortly after his loss at the 1980 Mr. Olympia contest and suffered financially as a result. He did land a job in 1985 as publisher and editor-in-chief of the newly launched WorkOut magazine, a venture of Stewart Communications Inc. in Tarzana, California. However, when WorkOut failed during the same year that his father died, Mentzer reportedly suffered a mental breakdown.

According to Peter McGough, editor-in-chief of FLEX magazine, stories began to surface of Mentzer exhibiting some very erratic behavior. Stories of him running naked through the streets, directing traffic, telling prophecies about the end of the world, being arrested by the police numerous times and even waiting for aliens to land were all published in magazines at one point or another. Popular bodybuilding writer Dan Duchaine even suggested that Mentzer was drinking his own urine at the time. Mentzer denied this in a 2001 interview with Ironman magazine. Nonetheless, according to McGough, some of these stories are true.[1] Mentzer was also regularly institutionalized between 1985 up until 1990, when he finally kicked his amphetamine habit. Drug free, Mentzer returned to training bodybuilders and writing for Ironman magazine and spent much of the 1990s regaining his stature in the bodybuilding industry.

STFU YOU GOD DAMM DIRTY HOMO!

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
Mentzer worshipped Ayn Rand. 
(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
that's true amd speaking of ayn rand do you know much about her writings?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
mike was the man

plain and simple

you homos need to recognize
Z

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
that's true amd speaking of ayn rand do you know much about her writings?

She wrote The Fountainhead.  Pushed a philosophy called Objectivism.  Neil Peart of Rush is also a fan.  Personally, I think it's a bunch of crap.  I believe in The Living God, Yahweh.
(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
She wrote The Fountainhead.  Pushed a philosophy called Objectivism.  Neil Peart of Rush is also a fan.  Personally, I think it's a bunch of crap.  I believe in The Living God, Yahweh.
i don't know much about her writings, but didn't she preach individualism? if so, then i'm all for that

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"

Mike had contact with Rand even after she passed

An Interview With Mike Mentzer

By Hacksaw Hawkins

T: Hi Mike. What's going on in your life? Why don't you tell us what kind of things you've been doing, and how your career is going?

MM: There is only one valid theory of exercise science and most of what has been said has been said by people with no background in philosophy, logic, or science. For that matter, most of what has been said has been said by people who had no background in gardening or gynecology, either, which harkens me back to the 1980 Olympia Contest where history's ultimate non-Ayn Rand person, Arnold Schwarzeneggar, accepted the Olympia crown when every man, woman, and child in existence (I should know, I polled each of them independently, except for a contentious individual in Fresno who refuses to accept my calls) believes I should have been the winner. We may be able to send a man to the moon, but when it comes to recognizing the rightful winner of the 1980 Olympiad, mankind is surely arrested in its development.

T: Uhh, okay?great. Listen, a lot of people are still interested in heavy-duty training and this concept of "one set to failure." For those readers who weren't around in the seventies, could you please clarify this interesting and provocative training theory?

MM: Back in 1980, just before the 1980 Mr. Olympia contest, I was in phenomenal shape; I was the romantic and spiritual ideal of any self-actualized human being. Do you, perchance, remember that sonnet written by Karen Carpenter?who, incidentally, was a classic overtrainer?where she sang, "On the day that you were born, the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true, so they sprinkled moon dust in your hair, and la-de-da-de-da-da-da-da-da?" Well, I was that individual on whom the angels sprinkled their precious extra-terrestrial dust! I had trained with the ultra high intensity of a mad bull who had just heard his mentor, Ayn Rand, verbally attacked by the other bulls in the pen and various other farm animals in general. I had, in short, trained to failure!

T: Mike, you seem to be rather obsessed with this 1980 Olympia?

MM: One set! One set no matter what! I once had relations with a woman. One pelvic thrust! That's all. She refused to have an orgasm, but that was because of her own physical and intellectual limitations. I once was fed a turkey leg at Thanksgiving. I inserted the whole leg?which clearly came from a fowl who was a chronic overtrainer?into my mouth, chewed once, and swallowed. Now, this was before I had mastered the "one set to failure" concept, and the leg lodged in my throat and was expelled forcefully only after my brother Ray exerted a forceful Heimlich maneuver. No matter that the hurling fowl leg shattered most of dinner host Joe Weider's collection of fine china, the experience only reinforced my own ideas about the validity of heavy duty training.

T: Why don't we talk some other time, okay? I really have to go service the laser printer?

MM: Look, I'll prove it to you: Einstein proved the theory of relativity, correct? Well, then, ipso facto, if my sister has a house in Albany with a couple of infants?who happen to habitually overtrain, mind you?and she refuses to lend her brother any money even though he promised to pay her back once the world recognizes him as being its true intellectual leader, and this brother was robbed of the 1980 Olympia Contest, it becomes crystal clear, right? Now, given that the vast majority of bodybuilders are intellectually self-arrested, you couldn't possibly understand that, so don't bother getting contentious with me. Now, we can build a toaster that toasts bread until it's the color of Halle Barry's firm curvilinear backside, so why can't we understand that there's only one valid theory of training?

T: Mike, gotta' go. Really. I'm needed back on the planet Earth.

MM: Yes, it's true that I admire Ayn Rand, but I am slightly discouraged that she doesn't answer my mail or return my calls. Yes, she's been dead about sixteen years, but that seems to me to be a poor excuse for ignoring someone who is her intellectual equivalent. My biceps are considerably larger too, but I suspect that she, despite her inestimable intelligence, was a chronic overtrainer. Yes, yes, we may be able to build one of those funny little devices that gives a man a shock when you shake his hand, but it's apparent that mankind isn't ready to accept heavy duty training yet. Back in Sydney, in 1980, they also weren't ready to accept that man is a heroic being whose highest moral purpose is the achievement of his own happiness, whose noblest activity is productive achievement, and whose only absolute is reason, either. For that reason, I will not rest until I short-sheet the beds of all the judges involved in that reprehensible decision.

T: Uhh, thanks for your time Mike! Gotta' run. Really. Thanks. You're the man.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
mike was the man

plain and simple

you homos need to recognize

word!