Author Topic: Greg Kovaks at his best...  (Read 13122 times)

m8

• Getbig V
Re: Greg Kovaks at his best...
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 03:01:20 AM »
One of Greg's preparation pictures before the 2004 ASC:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/gregkovacs

Is that King Kamali's kitchen?

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 04:28:59 AM »
Were any of those strength even close to real?

Maybe he should have tried some strongman stuff...

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 05:28:55 AM »
damn he looks so much wose in the more recent pics, but he did look pretty decent at one time

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 06:02:37 AM »
yeah that back looked incredible.  Dude is a legit 400 pounds offseason... that's 80+ more than Ronnie and jay hit.

I'd like to see some stage pics of Kovaks next to the biggest TOP guys of his day, to see how much bigger he really was.  I'm guessing he didn't get too many comparisons tho, huh?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 06:30:07 AM »
wtf happened?
HGH / IGF-1 / SLIN abuse beyond belief.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 06:58:52 AM »
yeah that back looked incredible.  Dude is a legit 400 pounds offseason... that's 80+ more than Ronnie and jay hit.

I'd like to see some stage pics of Kovaks next to the biggest TOP guys of his day, to see how much bigger he really was.  I'm guessing he didn't get too many comparisons tho, huh?

Rob i have seen Greg in person a few times..............in terms of sheer size he dwarfed all of the Pros competing
(i have never seen a "larger" human being, Greg drew a crowd just by walking around the Mr Olympia convention center.............this was years ago in New York at Madison Square Garden)
Inhuman size!!..............also he was much taller than 100% of the pros at the O
now none of this translated onto a bodybuilding stage .............Greg just wasn't "suited" for bodybuilding
strongman/powerlifting yes................looki ng unbelievable walking around at bodybuilding shows yes
making money being huge freaky (but not competing in bodybuilding contests)   yes!
unfortunately Greg wanted nothing more than to be a champion bodybuilder (he loved the sport)
and he believed all of the hype!
(buy/rent his old bodybuilding DVD Colossus )

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 07:21:50 AM »
WHoa re the little africans in that video?  Kind of an odd contest.  Dude looks like a balloon that deflated and imploded on itself.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 08:47:35 AM »
  Greg Kovacs was 400 lbs with a visible christmas-tree and six-pack, and his top off-season weight was 440 lbs while still displaying vascularity and bodyfat wthin the normal range.

His phsyique was terrible from a symmetry&skeletal structure standpoint, but in sheer muscular mass he dwarfs all other mass monsters like Ruhl, Fux, Nasser, Ronnie, etc.

I would love to have seen a ripped 370 lbs Kovacs stepping onstage at the 2003 Olympia. As unbelievable as it is, he would have dwarfed Ronnie. Sure, Ron would still win easily, but for reasons other than mass...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 10:05:48 AM »
Even at his best, he looked like shit. He shouldnt get a pro card.

Why not? The Canadian Nationals was/is a pro qualifier, which Kovacs won.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
Greg Kovacs was nothing but HYPE. He isn't even a has been. He's a never was. Talk about a waste of a bbdg career and sponsership. You reap what you sow.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »
wow he looked damn good for such a tall guy in that first video. impressive.

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
Really the biggest of the problems was not distention but the width of his waist ??? with that being said as a pro his legs were not that  great either

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 12:48:49 PM »
Should have been a wrestler or something.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
Some who live in southern Ontario where he lives say they see him sometimes and he is literally a wall of muscle at 6'2 and close to 400 pounds in at a lean body fat - big midsection, but actually quite lean.

Greg at 385 pounds in late 2003 from my [dead as fuck] forum:

http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com/showthread.php?t=96

No way is he 385 in those pics.  Maybe 330 or so MAX.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 01:33:47 PM »

If I recall correctly, almost all of his really heavy lifts were on the smith machine, making them irrelevant pretty much

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
If I recall correctly, almost all of his really heavy lifts were on the smith machine, making them irrelevant pretty much

Ok - cool

Of course I meant strength claims...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 10:55:44 PM »

I heard from someone who knew Greg back in the day that some of the claims were accurate but some were exaggerated.  He was as strong as a bull, no doubt about that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
  Greg Kovacs was 400 lbs with a visible christmas-tree and six-pack, and his top off-season weight was 440 lbs while still displaying vascularity and bodyfat wthin the normal range.

His phsyique was terrible from a symmetry&skeletal structure standpoint, but in sheer muscular mass he dwarfs all other mass monsters like Ruhl, Fux, Nasser, Ronnie, etc.

I would love to have seen a ripped 370 lbs Kovacs stepping onstage at the 2003 Olympia. As unbelievable as it is, he would have dwarfed Ronnie. Sure, Ron would still win easily, but for reasons other than mass...

Hi Sucky  :D

At his absolute peak, Kovacs was 440 lbs, but with a bodyfat around 15%.

Hope this helps. Kovacs has terrible bodybuilding genetics, but a monstrous one for size and strengh.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

And please, don't bother with that rubbish about having a different IP. It's most likely that you changed ISP's or are using a program to hide or change your IP address  ;D
Team Yates

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 05:04:16 AM »
Even at his most shredded, Kovacs never had any decent muscle separation. Legs, triceps, delts, etc...his whole physique is one massive blur.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2008, 06:36:27 AM »
You are 100% correct. He trained at the Gold's in my area for 8 years straight and in that time I never once saw him lift or do anything that the mags say he can do. It was all a hype effort by muscle tech. He never did more than 3-4 plates on the smith for chest and 2 & 1/4 maybe three plates on a good day for front smith machine presses for shoulders.

GRACETOUCH

• Getbig I
  • The Gift Arnold Winner
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »
agree

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2008, 08:00:20 PM »
How does Greg in that form compare to Armin Scholz who did not place at this year's Ironman?

Bodybuilding Pro.com

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2008, 10:50:24 PM »
How does Greg in that form compare to Armin Scholz who did not place at this year's Ironman?

Don't go there!

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
Hi Sucky  :D

And please, don't bother with that rubbish about having a different IP. It's most likely that you changed ISP's or are using a program to hide or change your IP address  ;D

You are really stupid, aren't you? So I provide an information that is similar to that provided by another poster and surprise, surprise!, the only possibility you see is that I'm actually him, huh? It never ocurred to you that information was written in magazine and read by tens of thousands of people; it never ocurred to you that I might have read it in his post and plagiarised what he wrote. No: I can only possibily be him! Great logic there. Let me guess, you don't make a living in one of the professions. Am I right?

As for the IP check, if you had half a brain you'd know that IP adress is geographical and allocated by the internet provider and cannot be masked in any way, shape or form. Since I don't even live in U.S.A - I am French, btw -, a simple IP check will prove you wrong conclusively. Of course, you don't want this because it would burst your bubble and your hopes of reencountering your hero and gay lover, Suckmymuscle. This is the last time I'm responding to you. Ron Avidan can confirm that my IP is not his, and that's that. If you still want to believe I'm him, then so be it.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »
\

100% correct and don't leave out the fact that he became a lazy trainer ala King Kamali....1/4 rep shit as heavy as possible all the while using the least amount of energy to actually train...