Author Topic: BWAHAHAHA Rush fucked up bigtime... Dittoheads face possible prosecution  (Read 4638 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
We all remember earlier this month when Rush Limbaugh encouraged Republicans to vote for Hillary in Texas and Ohio’s primaries. In Ohio when you change parties you must sign a form stating you are doing so because you believe in the political ideals of that party. Lying on that form is a criminal act, and has now spawned an investigation:

The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections has launched an investigation that could lead to criminal charges against voters who maliciously switched parties for the March 4 presidential primary.

Elections workers will look for evidence that voters lied when they signed affidavits pledging allegiance to their new party. And at least one board member, Sandy McNair, a Democrat, wants the county prosecutor to review the findings.

But it remained unclear Wednesday whether the four-member board will agree to pursue prosecution. A 2-2 vote would mean that Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, would have to break the tie.

After the election a lot of these cross overs went on the air and proudly proclaimed that they did it for Rush. Little did they know they were admitting before the nation that they may have just broken the law.

Now the question remains about Rush’s involvement in this. Using the public airwaves to encourage people to break the law has been a shady area in the past. If charges do come out of the investigation, then the FCC needs to look at Rush’s involvement and possibly take action against him, as well as all affiliates that carry his show.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/22/using-public-airwaves-to-encourage-criminal-acts/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Now how do you enforce a law like that?  It is completely subjective. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
We all remember earlier this month when Rush Limbaugh encouraged Republicans to vote for Hillary in Texas and Ohio’s primaries. In Ohio when you change parties you must sign a form stating you are doing so because you believe in the political ideals of that party. Lying on that form is a criminal act, and has now spawned an investigation:

The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections has launched an investigation that could lead to criminal charges against voters who maliciously switched parties for the March 4 presidential primary.

Elections workers will look for evidence that voters lied when they signed affidavits pledging allegiance to their new party. And at least one board member, Sandy McNair, a Democrat, wants the county prosecutor to review the findings.

But it remained unclear Wednesday whether the four-member board will agree to pursue prosecution. A 2-2 vote would mean that Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, would have to break the tie.

After the election a lot of these cross overs went on the air and proudly proclaimed that they did it for Rush. Little did they know they were admitting before the nation that they may have just broken the law.

Now the question remains about Rush’s involvement in this. Using the public airwaves to encourage people to break the law has been a shady area in the past. If charges do come out of the investigation, then the FCC needs to look at Rush’s involvement and possibly take action against him, as well as all affiliates that carry his show.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/03/22/using-public-airwaves-to-encourage-criminal-acts/

Why don't I hear you complaining about Obama encouraging voters to do the same thing for him?

There's nothing illegal about doing this in 99% of the country and that county it's debatable and they're just putting on a dog and pony show. 

Democrats have been doing this for decades.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Now how do you enforce a law like that?  It is completely subjective. 
It's not completely subjective for the dittoheads who publicly said they did it for Rush ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Why don't I hear you complaining about Obama encouraging voters to do the same thing for him?

There's nothing illegal about doing this in 99% of the country and that county it's debatable and they're just putting on a dog and pony show. 

Democrats have been doing this for decades.
I am not aware that he encouraged people to cross over to disenfranchise his opponent in ohio.  He wanted the republican's to cross over and vote for him.  There's nothing illegal about that.  This is about people who signed on the dotted line with intentions they pubically announced that violate the aggreement.  In Texas it's ok to do this but not in Ohio.  That's the issue, Obama didn't do the same thing as Rush.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
they oughta fix that law.  If someone is a registered Repub, they shouldn't be voting in the Dem primary anyway.  yes, you'll upset some people who change parties and won't go register.  But there is a loophole allowing abuse, and they're using it.

personally, I think it will HELP the democrats.  people choose an emotional favorite in ANY fight they see, even if its two homeless guys in an alley fighting over a bottle of Boone's Farm.  Repubs and Dems are watching this fight, and excusing flaws with their choice in the fight.  That means many independents won't give a shit about obama's pastor in November.

7 1/2 months til the election.  Do you think anyone will care about his old pastor in 30 weeks? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
they oughta fix that law.  If someone is a registered Repub, they shouldn't be voting in the Dem primary anyway.  yes, you'll upset some people who change parties and won't go register.  But there is a loophole allowing abuse, and they're using it.

personally, I think it will HELP the democrats.  people choose an emotional favorite in ANY fight they see, even if its two homeless guys in an alley fighting over a bottle of Boone's Farm.  Repubs and Dems are watching this fight, and excusing flaws with their choice in the fight.  That means many independents won't give a shit about obama's pastor in November.

7 1/2 months til the election.  Do you think anyone will care about his old pastor in 30 weeks? 

Who gives a shit about him now?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Okay, I read some of the news stories on this, and Rush is free and clear.  Here's why:  It is not a crime in Ohio to vote in the other party's election for disingenuous reasons per se.  An election worker may, but is not required to, have someone switching parties sign an affidavit pledging loyalty to his new party's principles.  The voter has only committed a crime if he was required to sign such an affidavit and lied.

So, unless Rush said, "oh, by the way, if they make you sign an affidavit you should lie on it", he did not encourage anyone to commit a crime.

So sorry, libs!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
It's not completely subjective for the dittoheads who publicly said they did it for Rush ;)

And when those same people are questioned by law enforcement authorities, they will say Rush convinced them that they should "pledge loyalty to his new party's principles."   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Okay, I read some of the news stories on this, and Rush is free and clear.  Here's why:  It is not a crime in Ohio to vote in the other party's election for disingenuous reasons per se.  An election worker may, but is not required to, have someone switching parties sign an affidavit pledging loyalty to his new party's principles.  The voter has only committed a crime if he was required to sign such an affidavit and lied.

So, unless Rush said, "oh, by the way, if they make you sign an affidavit you should lie on it", he did not encourage anyone to commit a crime.

So sorry, libs!  ;D
relax, if they didn't sign it, then I agree.  Do we know they didn't sign them?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
relax, if they didn't sign it, then I agree.  Do we know they didn't sign them?

Some did, and that's the issue.  But since it was not required, and Rush didn't speak about the affidavits directly, he can't be prosecuted.

In reality, I doubt anyone will be prosecuted regardless, even the dumbasses who bragged.  Going after voters for voting is bad PR, and there are a couple of potential Constitutional issues here, so I doubt it will go anywhere.

Like someone else said, it's a "dog & pony" show.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
We'll see what the investigation turns up ;) ...  It looks like they did sign and some were stupid enough to admit the purpose...

The investigation comes 10 days after The Plain Dealer reported that more than 16,000 Cuyahoga County Republicans changed parties before voting March 4.

After the election, some local Republicans admitted they changed parties only to influence which Democrat would face presumed Republican nominee John McCain in November. One voter scribbled the following addendum to his pledge as a new Democrat: "For one day only."

Such an admission amounts to voter fraud, said McNair, who pushed for the investigation.

"I'm looking for evidence," McNair said. "I'm not interested in a witch hunt. But I am interested in holding people accountable, whether they're Democrat or Republican."

Lying on the signed statement is a fifth-degree felony, punishable by six to 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
maybe they'll do what Florida did... put them on a criminal "might-be" list so they cannot vote in November lol...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Some did, and that's the issue.  But since it was not required, and Rush didn't speak about the afadavits directly, he can't be prosecuted.

In reality, I doubt anyone will be prosecuted regardless, even the dumbasses who bragged.  Going after voters for voting is bad PR, and there are a couple of potential Constutional issues here, so I doubt it will go anywhere.

Like someone else said, it's a "dog & pony" show.

I agree.  Sounds like this might be unconstitutional.  Definitely not worth a taxpayer funded investigation. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I don't think anything will happen with this either actually, it's the way it goes.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I agree.  Sounds like this might be unconstitutional.  Definitely not worth a taxpayer funded investigation. 
yea, but you don't think taxpayer money should be used for anything but refunds :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
yea, but you don't think taxpayer money should be used for anything but refunds :D

Not entirely true.  Although I am looking forward to that extra $1200 refund in a few weeks.   :)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

What refund?  The fucckers capped the income level to qualify for the rebate, and I ain't getting shit.  >:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Not entirely true.  Although I am looking forward to that extra $1200 refund in a few weeks.   :)

You should buy a copy of Sam Walton's book, and actually read it this time ;)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

I'd rather re-read one of Milton Friedman's books.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Must be nice... I just barely squeaked out having to not pay even with the stimulus. I don't know how much money you guys make, but I have to use every loophole in the Tax code to just break even, and I'm not rich by any stretch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

You should vote in the election, instead of lying about this time.

Hey are you a Republican, libertarian, or independent this week?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Must be nice... I just barely squeaked out having to not pay even with the stimulus. I don't know how much money you guys make, but I have to use every loophole in the Tax code to just break even, and I'm not rich by any stretch.

That extra refund is based solely on the number of dependents (at least that's what someone told me today). 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
That extra refund is based solely on the number of dependents (at least that's what someone told me today). 

That's part of it, but there's an income cap as well.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Yeah... STILL didn't help.