Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Lies About Her Bosnia Trip  (Read 6464 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Hillary Clinton Lies About Her Bosnia Trip
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
Pathetic

!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Hilary caught in big lie
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base."
--Hillary Clinton, speech at George Washington University, March 17, 2008.

Hillary Clinton has been regaling supporters on the campaign trail with hair-raising tales of a trip she made to Bosnia in March 1996. In her retelling, she was sent to places that her husband, President Clinton, could not go because they were "too dangerous." When her account was challenged by one of her traveling companions, the comedian Sinbad, she upped the ante and injected even more drama into the story. In a speech earlier this week, she talked about "landing under sniper fire" and running for safety with "our heads down."

There are numerous problems with Clinton's version of events.

As a reporter who visited Bosnia soon after the December 1995 Dayton Peace agreement, I can attest that the physical risks were minimal during this period, particularly at a heavily fortified U.S. Air Force base, such as Tuzla. Contrary to the claims of Hillary Clinton and former Army secretary Togo West, Bosnia was not "too dangerous" a place for President Clinton to visit in early 1996. In fact, the first Clinton to visit the Tuzla Air Force base was not Hillary, but Bill, on January 13, 1996.

Had Hillary Clinton's plane come "under sniper fire" in March 1996, we would certainly have heard about it long before now. Numerous reporters, including the Washington Post's John Pomfret, covered her trip. A review of nearly 100 news accounts of her visit shows that not a single newspaper or television station reported any security threat to the First Lady. "As a former AP wire service hack, I can safely say that it would have been in my lead had anything like that happened," said Pomfret.

According to Pomfret, the Tuzla airport was "one of the safest places in Bosnia" in March 1996, and "firmly under the control" of the 1st Armored Division.

Far from running to an airport building with their heads down, Clinton and her party were greeted on the tarmac by smiling U.S. and Bosnian officials. An eight-year-old Moslem girl, Emina Bicakcic, read a poem in English. An Associated Press photograph of the greeting ceremony, above, shows a smiling Clinton bending down to receive a kiss.

"There is peace now," Emina told Clinton, according to Pomfret's report in the Washington Post the following day, "because Mr. Clinton signed it. All this peace. I love it."

The First Lady's schedule, released on Wednesday and available here, confirms that she arrived in Tuzla at 8.45 a.m. and was greeted by various dignitaries, including Emina Bicakcic, (whose name has mysteriously been redacted from the document.)

You can see CBS News footage of the arrival ceremony here. The footage shows Clinton walking calmly out of the back of the C-17 military transport plane that brought her from Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany.

Among the U.S. officials on hand to greet Clinton at the airport was Maj. Gen. William Nash, the commander of U.S. troops in Bosnia. Nash told me that he was unaware of any security threat to Clinton during her eight-hour stay in Tuzla. He said, however, that Clinton had a "busy schedule" and may have got the impression that she was being hurried on her way. See clarification below.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Hillary Clinton Lies About Her Bosnia Trip
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »

Ok, if that part of Bosnia was 'so dangerous', then why was the First Lady sent in there...with a comedian and a singer (Sheryl Crow)??

Where's the common sense, folks?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
Did you hear the one about how she help bring about the Irish Peace Accord?

One of the negotiators came straight out and said he was there, and said Hillary had nothing to do with it.

I'm not surprised. I personally know people who have dealt with her, ...and she's some piece of work.  :-X
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:44:48 PM »
Ok, if that part of Bosnia was 'so dangerous', then why was the First Lady sent in there...with a comedian and a singer (Sheryl Crow)??

Where's the common sense, folks?

I don't know what year she was there but it's true that that whole country was a disaster for many years.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:48:33 AM »
she was kinda hot in that clip :P

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 05:09:06 AM »
she was kinda hot in that clip :P

Yes, as hot as zero degrees kelvin.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 05:12:33 AM »
Yes, as hot as zero degrees kelvin.
Whaaat... you wouldn't hit it :D

I would pound that and invite Monica for a threesome ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 06:26:47 AM »
CBS pwning hilary.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 06:30:45 AM »
CBS pwning hilary.

I think this could really put the nail in the coffin...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 06:34:35 AM »
hilary admitted she 'misspoke'...

but it was only 12 years ago, it was a PREPARED STATEMENT that her staff composed, not someting off the top of her head (acc'd to Andrea Mitchell of NBC).

When she says "I remember landing under sniper fire - that is what happened", it means she's either delusional, very forgetful, or ... ?

Her team initially defended it.  Then they changed positions.  Speaks volumes there too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 06:44:00 AM »
Sinbad played that event too.

He said yesterday that the scariest part of the trip was figuring out where he'd eat next

:)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 06:56:01 AM »
Sinbad played that event too.

He said yesterday that the scariest part of the trip was figuring out where he'd eat next

:)
serious? lol...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 06:57:02 AM »
serious? lol...

Yep, anderson cooper, CNN, 9:40 AM EST.

I'm guessing Sinbad is backing Obama?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 07:15:53 AM »
Okay, IF THERE WAS HEAVY FIRE *IN THE HILLS*....

What about the BS about running to the trucks with their heads covered?

*FARTS*

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 08:01:25 AM »
Worse than any controversial statement your minister may have said.
!

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 08:06:42 AM »
WHAT? You mean she lied? Get the f**k outta here, I don't believe it ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:56 AM »
WHAT? You mean she lied? Get the f**k outta here, I don't believe it ::)

She's a liberal, just like Obama and McCain.  They lie and mislead people.  Heck, McCain almost left his party in 2001.  And Obama, well, he knows a guy who said something about HIV that most don't understand.

Fcking libs.

The Coach

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:15 AM »
She's a liberal, just like Obama and McCain.  They lie and mislead people.  Heck, McCain almost left his party in 2001.  And Obama, well, he knows a guy who said something about HIV that most don't understand.

Fcking libs.

Now you're backstabbing McCain? A few days ago you said you were voting for him and since then I've read a bunch of posts of you backstabbing him? WTF?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 08:21:29 AM »
Now you're backstabbing McCain? A few days ago you said you were voting for him and since then I've read a bunch of posts of you backstabbing him? WTF?

I'm voting for him, but I'm admitting he's a liberal.

What's wrong with voting for a lib?  there are THREE of them running.

Dude, you're allowed to admit flaws in the candidates you support.  People believe you more, when you admit his strengths and weaknesses.  They DON'T trust you, when all you talk about is how bad the other guy is.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 08:25:36 AM »

What's wrong with voting for a lib?  there are THREE of them running.

Dude, you're allowed to admit flaws in the candidates you support.  People believe you more, when you admit his strengths and weaknesses.  They DON'T trust you, when all you talk about is how bad the other guy is.
I think everyone has learned not to trust anything you say on this board.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 08:27:35 AM »
I think everyone has learned not to trust anything you say on this board.

I thought I was one of the most honest people here.  I don't blindly defend any candidate, and point out all their flaws.  People who only talk about how bad one side is... I don't trust them.  I prefer to listen to opinions of people who admit both sides are flawed, but one side might do more to help America.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 08:36:15 AM »
I thought I was one of the most honest people here.  I don't blindly defend any candidate, and point out all their flaws.  People who only talk about how bad one side is... I don't trust them.  I prefer to listen to opinions of people who admit both sides are flawed, but one side might do more to help America.
Everyone born into this world is flawed. You have to take a stand, homie.

You enjoy asking questions and making statements you really don't believe in just for the sake of developing an argument. That ain't being "honest". Maybe if you were a poli sci professor and we were all your students I'd enjoy the intellectual challenge of such baiting, but you're not on that level.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 08:40:31 AM »
Everyone born into this world is flawed. You have to take a stand, homie.

You enjoy asking questions and making statements you really don't believe in just for the sake of developing an argument. That ain't being "honest". Maybe if you were a poli sci professor and we were all your students I'd enjoy the intellectual challenge of such baiting, but you're not on that level.

I never claimed to be at any level.  As the election draws nearer, I'll happily break down which candidate I believe is best for what race, and why.

And anyone who reads it will know that I am not sugar coating anything.  We're going to get a newbie, a warmonger, or a crazy woman in the white house.  All will do an acceptable job, but one of them will do better.  When I state my opinion, the reader will remember that I was happy to point out 100 flaws with this candidates, but I feel his/her value to future of America outweighs these flaws.

On the other hand, you have people here who can tell you 900 things wrong with obama and hilary, but cnanot tell you a single reason why their guy will help america.  Only "he's not hilary". 

Would you trust that opinion?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 08:44:49 AM »

::)

Quote from: 240 is Back on February 27, 2008, 05:23:53 PM
So I probably will vote dem. 

is mccain is determined to continue the bush economic policy, I cannot vote for him.