Author Topic: YEP...The surge is a success!!!  (Read 5398 times)

War-Horse

• Getbig V
YEP...The surge is a success!!!
« on: March 23, 2008, 07:55:45 PM »
Heres our greenzones all secured like hh6 said.    Calling me a dumbass cuz im not over there.   And you wonder why we say hes brainwashed???
 :-\

BREAKING NEWS
MSNBC News Services
updated 18 minutes ago
BAGHDAD - Four U.S. soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in southern Baghdad late Sunday, raising the death toll for American forces since start of the war to 4,000, according to the Pentagon.

The grim milestone was reached less than a week after the fifth anniversary of the U.S. invasion to topple former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and coincided with a spate of violence across Iraq on Sunday that left at least 61 people dead.

The attacks included rockets and mortars fired at Baghdad's U.S.-protected Green Zone and a suicide car bomb detonated at an Iraqi army post in the northern city of Mosul.

Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The latest violence underscored the fragile security situation and the resilience of both Sunni and Shiite extremist groups as the war enters its sixth year.

The attacks in Baghdad probably stemmed from rising tensions between rival Shiite groups — some of whom may have been behind the Green Zone blasts. It was the most sustained assault in months against the nerve center of the U.S. mission.

Late Sunday, four U.S. troops were killed and another injured after being attacked with an improvised explosive device while conducting a vehicular patrol in Baghdad, the military said.

The military said the soldiers were from Multi-National Division but gives no other details about their identities

The deadliest attack of the day was in Mosul when a suicide driver slammed his vehicle through a security checkpoint in a hail of gunfire and detonated his explosives in front of an Iraqi headquarters building, killing 13 Iraqi soldiers and injuring 42 other people, police said.

Iraqi guards opened fire on the vehicle but couldn't stop it because the windshield had been bulletproofed, said an Iraqi army officer. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not supposed to release the information.

Mosul, Iraq's third largest city about 225 miles northwest of Baghdad, has been described as the last major urban area where the Sunni extremist al-Qaida group maintains a significant presence.

Green Zone under attack
In Baghdad, rockets and mortars began slamming into the Green Zone early Sunday, and scattered assaults persisted throughout the day, sending plumes of smoke rising over the heavily guarded district in the heart of the capital.

A U.S. public address system in the Green Zone warned people to "duck and cover" and to stay away from windows.

U.S. spokeswoman Mirembe Nantongo said four people were wounded in the Green Zone, which includes the U.S. and British embassies as well as major Iraqi government offices. She gave no nationalities.

Iraq war timeline

Key political and military moments since the 2003 invasion

But Iraqi police said 10 civilians were killed and more than 20 were injured in rocket or mortar blasts in scattered areas of eastern Baghdad — some of them probably due to misfired rounds.

Also in the capital, seven people were killed and 14 wounded in a suicide car bombing Sunday in the Shiite area of Shula in the capital, police reported. Such attacks are the hallmark of Sunni religious extremists.

Gunmen opened fire on passengers waiting for buses in a predominantly Shiite area in southeastern Baghdad, killing at least seven men and wounding 16 people, including women and children, according to police.

Click for related content
Opinion: War promises may just be rhetoric 
Clashes spur fears for Iraq truce 

Police also found the bullet-riddled bodies of 12 people — six in Baghdad, four in Mosul and two in Kut, scene of clashes between government troops and Shiite militiamen.

Elsewhere, several mortars or rockets struck a U.S. base in the Shiite city of Hillah, about 60 miles south of Baghdad, Iraqi police said. The American military did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the attack.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: YEP...The surge is a success!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:31:53 PM »

The Rethuglicans have mouthpieces like Elizabeth Hasselbeck (The View) constantly chirping 'the surge is working!', yet they somehow seem to forget that the WAR has been a failure of biblical proportions. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »
2006 Civilian deaths.....12,000

2007 Civilian deaths......16,000     

This is not a month to month number like bush can use in his little speechs this is overall.

Also this is not sectarian deaths of military or iraqi police or shia or sunnis....strictly civilian!!!

This is from the Iraqi ministry itself!!   They are saying the President is hugely lowering the numbers in his speechs.

Another interesting point:  It is being claimed that terror attacks have been lowered....This is because 90,000 sunni militia have been put on US Govt payrolls for a monthly wage not to fight. Also this is mostly from al-sadihr (spelling)?  realing in his groups.

The president is now stating that he will not be able to pull back troops on advice from petraus..........more good news to follow. :-\

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:13 PM »

Hahaha, HH6 is somewhere in MO, and he acts like he knows exactly what's going on in Baghdad. 

He also acts like he knows what's going on in Obama's soul.

He also acts like he knows the future.

Here's some examples, "Ve vill never witdraw from Iraq, if u nu shit, u wuld know the size of the basis we have there"

"obama is a raysist, just like his paster"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »
HAPPY 5th ANNIVERSARY!

I can't wait until another president sends some more troops into Afghanistan to root out Al queada, we could have a party there too.  ::)

According to an Associated Press breakdown of the figure, 97% of deaths occurred after US President George W Bush declared on 1 May 2003 that major combat was over.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 07:07:56 AM »
Hahaha, HH6 is somewhere in MO, and he acts like he knows exactly what's going on in Baghdad. 

He also acts like he knows what's going on in Obama's soul.

He also acts like he knows the future.

Here's some examples, "Ve vill never witdraw from Iraq, if u nu shit, u wuld know the size of the basis we have there"

"obama is a raysist, just like his paster"

I never posted that shit so again u know nothing. I work with a group tasked with preping units to deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan...we're the last folks they see as far as training before they get on the plane. We have access to the latest intel available..real intel...not MSNBC or the daily Kos. We send folks overseas on a montly basis to bring back information we can use for our operations. The surge was planned here by my organization and others..they know far better then u..u moron...whats going on.

I'm headed to Afganistan in September. We work with all elements of the US government to prep these units ona Corp and Division level. For my piece I brief 2 and 3 Star Generals...

I don't know the future but i have a better picture of whats going on in Iraq then u will ever know...u have zero access or experience.
I only know what I read about Obama and I'm not blind to his game...ur hate of Bush has blinded u to any rational review of Obama or his policies.

Once again dipshit u have zero idea what ur talking about.

L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 07:12:48 AM »
ok hh6, surge worked.

how long til we can let the iraqis deal with the shit on the street, and get our troops to safety?  okay, they gotta stay in iraq to keep the govt in check so they don't get frisky with chinese oil firms, we got that.  But how long til they can turn over dealing with local asshats, to iraqi security forces?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 07:24:51 AM »
We are doing by province....some areas are entirely controlled by the govenor and the police/army. This year will be pivotal. We have groups called the Sons of Iraq...those are the groups we're arming. If they continue to play ball then more areas will be given to the Iraqi's. If things go bad...then I think we can forget it. The plan is that u should see more of an Iraqi face on much of what we're doing by late August.
L

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »
PS shoulders shot in the back are NOT considered a casualty of war ..instead they count as executions  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 08:07:33 AM »
We are doing by province....some areas are entirely controlled by the govenor and the police/army. This year will be pivotal. We have groups called the Sons of Iraq...those are the groups we're arming. If they continue to play ball then more areas will be given to the Iraqi's. If things go bad...then I think we can forget it. The plan is that u should see more of an Iraqi face on much of what we're doing by late August.

Yes 90,000 or more are being paid from our tax dollars everymonth to be a good boy and dont get in trouble.

Mission accomplished was stated as may 1st 2003.......and yet we'll be done by august ::)  How long must you continue to look stupid.... :-\

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »

Yes 90,000 or more are being paid from our tax dollars everymonth to be a good boy and dont get in trouble.

Mission accomplished was stated as may 1st 2003.......and yet we'll be done by august ::)  How long must you continue to look stupid.... :-\

With brilliant people like HH6 in charge of "planning" the surge, no wonder Iraq has been such a resounding success!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 08:23:49 AM »
With brilliant people like HH6 in charge of "planning" the surge, no wonder Iraq has been such a resounding success!

Did you see he states he "de-briefs" Generals...... ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 08:30:32 AM »
 didn't plan it dipshit...

The plan is that u should see more of an Iraqi face on much of what we're doing by late August. Did I say it would be over?
240 asked a question. I answered it based on what we're trying to do. I fail to see why u care. U hate this country..u hate its military...u've sacrificed nothing for ur freedom...stop worrying
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 08:35:07 AM »

The plan is that u should see more of an Iraqi face on much of what we're doing by late August. Did I say it would be over?
240 asked a question. I answered it based on what we're trying to do. I fail to see why u care. U hate this country..u hate its military...u've sacrificed nothing for ur freedom...stop worrying

fail.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 08:36:05 AM »
Yeah based on ur vast experience in Iraq ::)...it won't be ur problem anyway.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »

Seems like "ur" experiance isnt working, so move over.... 8)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 08:42:21 AM »

Did you see he states he "de-briefs" Generals...... ;D

rofl. he just violated "don't ask, don't tell"

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 08:42:52 AM »

You should learn not to stumble into these orgies of liberal stupidity HH6..

..they congregate in threads they post 100 times/day to support each others rediculus hatred and misunderstanding.  

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »

Yeah, we've done nothing

Except pay you for creating this mess.  ::) Maybe that makes us more culpable than you.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »
You should learn not to stumble into these orgies of liberal stupidity HH6..

..they congregate in threads they post 100 times/day to support each others rediculus hatred and misunderstanding.  

Shouldn't you be out running down shoplifters?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 08:48:22 AM »
I know..but when they start throwing around "facts" based on their vast military experience, it pisses me off. They picture they paint isn't true. The surge is working, the Iraqi government isnt'. Pulling out is nuts and not an option regardless of the reasons for the war. Plus they make it sound like they're sacrificing for the war effort.

Calmus I pay federal taxes just like u....stop paying....enjoy prison.   :D. If Bin Laden had to pay US income taxes and failed....the friggen IRS would find him.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »
I know..but when they start throwing around "facts" based on their vast military experience, it pisses me off. They picture they paint isn't true. The surge is working, the Iraqi government isnt'. Pulling out is nuts and not an option regardless of the reasons for the war. Plus they make it sound like they're sacrificing for the war effort.

Calmus I pay federal taxes just like u....stop paying....enjoy prison.   :D. If Bin Laden had to pay US income taxes and failed....the friggen IRS would find him.

We need you here.  you have to debate the points for 10% of the country that likes the war....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
Nobody likes the war...but I'm not going to let u lie and post bullshit as fact.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »
Heres our greenzones all secured like hh6 said.    Calling me a dumbass cuz im not over there.   And you wonder why we say hes brainwashed???
 :-\

BREAKING NEWS
MSNBC News Services
updated 18 minutes ago
BAGHDAD - Four U.S. soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in southern Baghdad late Sunday, raising the death toll for American forces since start of the war to 4,000, according to the Pentagon.

The grim milestone was reached less than a week after the fifth anniversary of the U.S. invasion to topple former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and coincided with a spate of violence across Iraq on Sunday that left at least 61 people dead.

The attacks included rockets and mortars fired at Baghdad's U.S.-protected Green Zone and a suicide car bomb detonated at an Iraqi army post in the northern city of Mosul.

Story continues below ↓
advertisement

The latest violence underscored the fragile security situation and the resilience of both Sunni and Shiite extremist groups as the war enters its sixth year.

The attacks in Baghdad probably stemmed from rising tensions between rival Shiite groups — some of whom may have been behind the Green Zone blasts. It was the most sustained assault in months against the nerve center of the U.S. mission.

Late Sunday, four U.S. troops were killed and another injured after being attacked with an improvised explosive device while conducting a vehicular patrol in Baghdad, the military said.

The military said the soldiers were from Multi-National Division but gives no other details about their identities

The deadliest attack of the day was in Mosul when a suicide driver slammed his vehicle through a security checkpoint in a hail of gunfire and detonated his explosives in front of an Iraqi headquarters building, killing 13 Iraqi soldiers and injuring 42 other people, police said.

Iraqi guards opened fire on the vehicle but couldn't stop it because the windshield had been bulletproofed, said an Iraqi army officer. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not supposed to release the information.

Mosul, Iraq's third largest city about 225 miles northwest of Baghdad, has been described as the last major urban area where the Sunni extremist al-Qaida group maintains a significant presence.

Green Zone under attack
In Baghdad, rockets and mortars began slamming into the Green Zone early Sunday, and scattered assaults persisted throughout the day, sending plumes of smoke rising over the heavily guarded district in the heart of the capital.

A U.S. public address system in the Green Zone warned people to "duck and cover" and to stay away from windows.

U.S. spokeswoman Mirembe Nantongo said four people were wounded in the Green Zone, which includes the U.S. and British embassies as well as major Iraqi government offices. She gave no nationalities.

Iraq war timeline

Key political and military moments since the 2003 invasion

But Iraqi police said 10 civilians were killed and more than 20 were injured in rocket or mortar blasts in scattered areas of eastern Baghdad — some of them probably due to misfired rounds.

Also in the capital, seven people were killed and 14 wounded in a suicide car bombing Sunday in the Shiite area of Shula in the capital, police reported. Such attacks are the hallmark of Sunni religious extremists.

Gunmen opened fire on passengers waiting for buses in a predominantly Shiite area in southeastern Baghdad, killing at least seven men and wounding 16 people, including women and children, according to police.

Click for related content
Opinion: War promises may just be rhetoric 
Clashes spur fears for Iraq truce 

Police also found the bullet-riddled bodies of 12 people — six in Baghdad, four in Mosul and two in Kut, scene of clashes between government troops and Shiite militiamen.

Elsewhere, several mortars or rockets struck a U.S. base in the Shiite city of Hillah, about 60 miles south of Baghdad, Iraqi police said. The American military did not immediately respond to a request for comment about the attack.

HH6 Please re read and call this bullshit.   We keep it real here and youve been owned more times than a u-haul trailer.....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »
Yeah...4 guys got killed..that sucks but please don't tell u really care..u don't care because it doesn't effect u in any way. Please don't start the owning shit. If people agree with u then I got "owned" , if ur a liberal douchbag anti-American then I guess ur right I got "owned" whatever that means. I guess that makes u feel better at night.  I bet all that anti-American guilt must keep u up....ur an idiot.
L