Author Topic: WTF? Obama is the potential candidate. Not his minister.  (Read 1261 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
WTF? Obama is the potential candidate. Not his minister.
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:13:00 AM »
Why the fcuk does it get to this?

EVERY SINGLE FCUKING TIME!!!

We're not discussing how Obama is gonna finance his tax cut, which really is something that would be of interest to people.

But we are instead focusing on an non-issue such as whether he is "handling" his minister or former minister well.

WTF?

We should be talking about things like if McCain is a guy that should be president, when he claims he sees evil in Putin. Will that philosophy/frame of mind make the US-Russia relations improve, help the countries form a powerful partnership?

We should be discussing what Hillary Clinton is going to do with Iraq. She is heavily backed by several lobbyists.

What about her health plan?

I see nothing of that here.

I only see stupid shit like "Obama is not Christian".

"Obama should've said this or that".

Fcuk all that.

Evidently, it's not just Matt "Tyrone" Tsinkorang who's a political idiot - who can ever forget when he started a thread congratulating people for voting for Obama, without having a clue what Obama's policies were. ::)
As empty as paradise

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: WTF? Obama is the potential candidate. Not his minister.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:37:53 AM »
I agree, I think it's of no relevance at all if a man wants to be president of a country and hangs around a racist for 20 years. It's not like pastors influence anyone or anything like that. ::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:51:14 AM »
Your right, the issues should be the focus...but a large % of Americans are not familiar with Obamas proposed policies.  I think if the issues were more public, there may not be as many people supporting him because his policies are fairly far left.  Most people questioned are voting for him because of his poise, speeches and personality.  Much of America has extremely superficial knowledge when it comes to issues.

Obama's close advisors and political supporters are very much up for analysis.  Also, Obama has given substantial amounts of financial support to that church.  Yes, its not as important as Obama's proposed policies but its still relevant because it gives you insight to the man before his candidacy and who he surrounds himself with. 
You can weigh the value of this issue and decide how much, if any, it affects your decision compared to other issues but to shrug it off as completely insignificant is ignorant (no insult intended). 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 06:57:47 AM »
It paints a picture of the man...it shaped how he is. He associated himself with an avowed communist and met with former members of the Weather underground...but even that might get a pass if it were only a few times or on a social level. This minister preached things like this for over 20 years. That had to sink in to some extent. Then there is some of the things that Obama's wife said in her thesis. I guess...very anti-white things. This paints a very different picture of the "hope and Change" candidate. I'm sorry but Obama preaches a message that he is different and open etc...he preaches that words matter....well these are words and they are hate filled and anti-American at times and should be taken into account.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:01:45 AM »
Evidently, it's not just Matt "Tyrone" Tsinkorang who's a political idiot - who can ever forget when he started a thread congratulating people for voting for Obama, without having a clue what Obama's policies were. ::)

Dogama shapes the actions and thoughts of a man that has in Obama's own words "strong convictions"

Look back at the French Revolution to see what strong convictions do to countries.

He's got the signs of a Robespierre written all over him.

If you think religious issues should be shrugged off that would make you the incompetent one of the political arena.

The only question left to this matter now, is what kind of "change" was Obama seeking? He's backpeddled one too many times, and now the questions are stacking up, and people such as Roland Martin et al. can't face these religious questions, when religion is the simple part of a man, but the driving force to his actions!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:18:02 PM »
It paints a picture of the man...it shaped how he is. He associated himself with an avowed communist and met with former members of the Weather underground...but even that might get a pass if it were only a few times or on a social level. This minister preached things like this for over 20 years. That had to sink in to some extent. Then there is some of the things that Obama's wife said in her thesis. I guess...very anti-white things. This paints a very different picture of the "hope and Change" candidate. I'm sorry but Obama preaches a message that he is different and open etc...he preaches that words matter....well these are words and they are hate filled and anti-American at times and should be taken into account.

I don't know.... Michael Jordan is also a member of that church, as is I'm told Oprah Winfrey...and I haven't seen her running out shooting whitey or preaching against whitey on her show.

Can you please post some example's of the alledged "anti-white" things in Michelle Obama's thesis.
w

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:31:40 PM »
I don't know.... Michael Jordan is also a member of that church, as is I'm told Oprah Winfrey...and I haven't seen her running out shooting whitey or preaching against whitey on her show.

Can you please post some example's of the alledged "anti-white" things in Michelle Obama's thesis.

Im not sure if you already addressed this but do you agree with the Pastors view Jag or do his rants offend you as well?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:41:30 PM »
Im not sure if you already addressed this but do you agree with the Pastors view Jag or do his rants offend you as well?

I have addressed it previously.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=205772.msg2847273#msg2847273

my comments are in that post and further down in that thread.

I do understand his comments as well as both the context within which they were delivered, as well as the people to whom they were preached. I do not believe his comments taken in context and delivered to the congregation they were delivered to incite racism, however, as Obama said they depict a frozen vision of the US and do not acknowledge her greatness or her potential. Do I agree with everything the rev said? no. Do I think he is a crackpot, no. I see where he has come to the statements he made. His preaching style is quite common in African American churches. Often these recriminations are followed by the solutions required to overcome and improve the atmosphere so people can get beyond what was. We haven't seen the rest of that sermon so we have no idea whether such positive solutions to the past were offered by Wright or not. All we have seen is a snippet of impassioned rhetoric.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 09:51:35 PM »
welcome to American Politics...   

The Coach

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 10:48:36 PM »
Zack, if it helps at all, neither Clinton nor Obama have talked about anything but bashing each other, obamas pastor and his relation to him, now you have Clinton getting caught in lies about how Chelsea was jogging around the WTC during 9/11 when she was really home in bed or her talking about when they were under fire when they got off the plane and she had to run with her head down....or some crap like that. Let's face, these two dig themselves further and further into a hole everytime they open their big mouths. Even my liberal, gay, enviromentalist atty client is so fed up with their BS, he's voting for McCain...and to top it off, his husband feels the same way and works as a lobbyist for the Dems and is gone 6 months out of the year. I swear people, I'm not making this up.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 10:51:53 PM »
Hey Jag, in case you haven't heard, Opra left that church in 2002 right after Wright did that obsurd sermon. I'm no Opera fan but I have to respect her after hearing that!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 11:15:38 PM »
Hey Jag, in case you haven't heard, Opra left that church in 2002 right after Wright did that obsurd sermon. I'm no Opera fan but I have to respect her after hearing that!

Her name is spelled OPRAH. Opera is something else entirely, ...but thanks for the clarification.  ;)

And just so you are aware, Obama has not partaken in the mud slinging, ...even when he's had ample opportunity.
w