Author Topic: HEATH to sign with MD??  (Read 4710 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: HEATH to sign with MD??
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »
Heath is with Met-RX.

All of the real industry gossip tonight on Big Nation Radio.

I didn't know you were still doing that show.  How's it going?
Ron: "I am lazy."

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 02:05:14 PM »
It's because MusclePhone.com only sends out homosexual information.

Fixed.
HAHA, RON.....

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »

Heath's not that dumb, is he?   If he ever expects to be Mr. O, he's gotta be with Weider and Muscletech...
Good point but as we all know...MONEY TALKS, baby! It's also true that Uncle Stevie has alot of it.

Nevertheless, Phil should keep his black ass right there with Weider/AMI. That's if he wants to be Mr. O someday.
?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
ed, post the contracts then - you can remove the athletes names if they like. :)
175lbs by 31st July

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 03:17:36 PM »
Contrary to popular belief - people do leave their computers. I have hundreds of subscribers with only 1 month of launching it. The average getbigger doesn't think supplements work either but we have how may supplement companies thriving? My audience is to the ticket buying, supplement using, magazine reading fan. There are a few die hards who visit getbig and other boards that have signed up as well but that's not the key audience. When the news of Dexter broke I received a number of calls and text messages asking me for more details.

There is no charge for subscribing to Muscle Phone, only your standard text messaging rates. IE - if you have unlimited text messages it's free. If you don't it counts towards your text plan.

More features will be provided by Muscle Phone in the coming months via your mobile phone.

Just because a few supplement companies are thriving it doesn't mean that the supplements actually work. The only proof from that is that there are people still stupid enough to buy them. Most supplements are worthless. Contradicting studies for basically every supplement.
S

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 03:18:19 PM »
Then why do you market Musclephone as providing the latest "News, Gossip and Contest Results"?? On the MD Boards, several MD employees have alluded to a MD/Heath signing. Will Musclephone be honest with its customers and deliver the latest gossip or are you personally worried about upsetting someone?
Since when did you start believing everything that came from Dave Palumbo? Of course they are going to start that rumor - you listed all the guys they have left on contract. Dave has Branch and Kai to interview on his radio show. Oh and Ben White.  ::) Again if I sent out a text message on every piece of gossip on a message board it would be endless. I'll try to remember that the next time Lee Priest or Cormier dies.  :-\

Last time I checked ESPN and other text messaging services they provided news of contract signings and included dollar amounts. Is Musclephone a "bodybuilding news service" or not?
Last time I checked bodybuilding was never comparable to what was on ESPN. You're not a Muscle Phone subscriber and highly doubtful on any others, unless you're referring to your unemployed lawyer's job list.  ;)

Somehow I think I'm going to survive without a 3:26 am text message from Musclephone that Phil Heath has switched from dumbbell curls to cable curls. And are you suggesting you don't live on Getbig and that you just happened across my post and replied within 3 minutes?  Or does your Musclephone alert you to Special Ed posts?

I don't deny I waste way more time on here than I should. Especially responding the the 3 stooges from Big Nation who failed at copying what has been established here.

Probably because when I ask sources like you to reveal what you know, you insist that it's "off the record" and make me promise not to repeat it on Big Nation Radio!
At least you admit you're coming to the real sources for info since you're "producer" and constant bridge burning that has blown up in your face.  8)

Open disclosure of Professional Bodybuilder salaries and contracts ONLY HELPS other Pro Bodybuilders negotiate their own contracts. That is precisely what all Pro Sports unions do. Even without a union, how difficult would it be for each contracted bodybuilder fax a copy of his current contracts to Athlete Rep Bob Cicherillo to keep on file and make available to other Bodybuilders for use in negotiating their own contracts?

The only ones whose interests are served by keeping dollar amounts private are: (a) The companies underpaying their bodybuilders; and (b) The bodybuilders lying about their contracts.

Example: Muscletech asks prospective signees "How much are you looking for?" and just waits for a schmuck to say "Just 'promotion' in your ads and maybe some free product."

True Story: Several years ago, Milos and I were having a discussion about bodybuilder salaries. He mentioned that he was currently making $85,000 a year from his Weider deal. When I expressed surprise, he immediately offered to fax it to me. As contrasted with other Pros who told me they were making "six figures" and then refused to send me a copy.

Anyway, I do have several Muscletech and other contracts on file. I will post them on request, unlike Musclephone.

I'd be willing to bet you don't have a copy of any top 10 pro's contract. Having a copy of Kevin Levorne's 1994 contract isn't quite the same. Muscle Phone is limited to the number of characters that can be sent via text message so no, we won't be sending out any contracts.
Elevate Your Image.™

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »

Heath is with AMI and that is that. End of story.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »
You won't read this on your Musclephone...

...Rumor coming from Camp MD is that after losing Freeman, Anthony, Badell, and Jackson to AMI, Boss Blechman is planning to go to the bank to sign PHIL HEATH away from AMI when Heath's contract comes up shortly.

Can it be true? Will Dexter be furious if AMI pays Heath what is rumored to be THREE TIMES what they paid Jackson? Will AMI get into a bidding war over Heath or risk pissing off all of their other guys to keep him?

Stay tuned...

LOL.....

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
Agreed!  Knowing what contracts are worth can only help the next guy up the ladder...so Special "I stole my name from an old school NY rapper" ED post the contract info, and CO LiftTicket post Phil's info.  I'm assuming you think your boy will drop u.  You love Phil too much.  That's what the wife is for!  
Oh...Monica!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 03:27:40 PM »
Agreed!  Knowing what contracts are worth can only help the next guy up the ladder...so Special "I stole my name from an old school NY rapper" ED post the contract info, and CO LiftTicket post Phil's info.  I'm assuming you think your boy will drop u.  You love Phil too much.  That's what the wife is for!  

They could hurt the next guy just as much....

That said, who would care to see these contracts...they're not that exciting, believe me..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 03:35:11 PM »
That said, who would care to see these contracts...they're not that exciting, believe me..

Who would care?

Every pro would care when they go in to negotiate their next deal.  If you finish 2nd and Joe Blow finishes 4th, you're going to finally have a footing for demanding fair money.

Fans would care and be interested.

So yeah, fans and athletes.  That's all.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »
Who would care?

Every pro would care when they go in to negotiate their next deal.  If you finish 2nd and Joe Blow finishes 4th, you're going to finally have a footing for demanding fair money.

Fans would care and be interested.

So yeah, fans and athletes.  That's all.

Yeah, except all contracts are not based soley on placings...placing higher doesn't neccessarily mean the athlete is better for the company.

What if a lowere ranked athlete is making MORE money now?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »
gotta agree with Chick here, contracts have nothing to do with placings it's all about popularity, seems like Lee Preist did extremely well for himself endorsement wise and he wasn't exactly top 3 at the Olympia every year, if you hustle, get your name out there and have something that the supplement company wants then you'll get endorsements, Gunter is another good example.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 03:43:47 PM »
Most contracts of professional athletes are made public. Basketball, football, baseball, and so on.
S

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 03:45:06 PM »
Yeah, except all contracts are not based soley on placings...placing higher doesn't neccessarily mean the athlete is better for the company.

yeah i can see that.  ronnie rockels physique would draw in alot more customers than say branch warrenns would.

but it doesnt always work out like that.

example= ronnie rockel and branch warrenn.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »

Then when a higher-ranked athlete will have some bargaining power when it's time to renew.

Seriously, being aware of industry pay standards is essential in EVERY industry when it comes time to negotiate contracts.  

This would empower the athletes, and ensure that new guys don't "get the shaft" because they have no point-of-reference when asking for a deal.

Keeping info secret keeps athletes at the control of the mags.  You'd prefer the athletes had more info, so they'd have more bargaining power, wouldn't you Bob?

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 03:47:53 PM »
Bob, you should call into the radio show about this.  Seeing as you're taking the night off.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »
You'd prefer the athletes had more info, so they'd have more bargaining power, wouldn't you Bob?
Who's to say the competitors don't talk to Bob about this?

Elevate Your Image.™

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
Then when a higher-ranked athlete will have some bargaining power when it's time to renew.

Seriously, being aware of industry pay standards is essential in EVERY industry when it comes time to negotiate contracts.  

This would empower the athletes, and ensure that new guys don't "get the shaft" because they have no point-of-reference when asking for a deal.

Keeping info secret keeps athletes at the control of the mags.  You'd prefer the athletes had more info, so they'd have more bargaining power, wouldn't you Bob?

Just because the public desn't know what the athletes are making, doesn't mean the athletes don't know....making the pubic aware does nothing for the athltes or their negotiating power... If you're IN the industry as an athlete, you're already aware

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
If you're IN the industry as an athlete, you're already aware

How so?

Are they issued documentation upon receiving their pro card?

Do you advise them?  Who else advises them?  Do you work for either of the 2 big companies who negotiate with athletes (could create a conflict of interest)?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 03:55:04 PM »
Who's to say the competitors don't talk to Bob about this?

I'm sure some do.

Not all of them.  Some guys are approached by MD while still amateurs.  Should they call Bob?  Does Bob have time for dozens of amateurs calling him?  What happens if Bob decides to take a week off?  Who advises them then?

My point is that step 1 in athletes getting MARKER VALUE for their services is actually knowing what market value even is.   Imagine if the NFL top draft picks didn't know what the guy got the year before.  How mickey-mouse would that shit be?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 03:59:08 PM »
How so?

Are they issued documentation upon receiving their pro card?

Do you advise them?  Who else advises them?  Do you work for either of the 2 big companies who negotiate with athletes (could create a conflict of interest)?

How?

Same way you know of anything that transpires here on Getbig....you're in the mix, you're aware of whats going around, you know other people on Getbig and share info.....etc

I advise people when they request my advices....

thisiskeith12

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
At least you admit you're coming to the real sources for info since you're "producer" and constant bridge burning that has blown up in your face.  8)

Bottom line: There isn't enough news to report about bodybuilding to have texts sent to your phone. Unlike other media industries, BB media isn't recognizable on who's broke the most stories and who's first, etc. Of course, who am I to speak of such?

Ike has dealt with Monster Mass Media Companies like Flex, M&F, and Hardbody.com ::), and I was just toying with billion dollar corporations like Yahoo and Fox among others.

He also doesn't understand his self-ownings everytime he seriously defends MusclePhone.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »
Bottom line: There isn't enough news to report about bodybuilding to have texts sent to your phone. Unlike other media industries, BB media isn't recognizable on who's broke the most stories and who's first, etc. Of course, who am I to speak of such?

Ike has dealt with Monster Mass Media Companies like Flex, M&F, and Hardbody.com ::), and I was just toying with billion dollar corporations like Yahoo and Fox among others.

He also doesn't understand his self-ownings everytime he seriously defends MusclePhone.
i have to agree with this, it's hard to imagine that there's so much going on in bb'ing that you need texts sent to your phone, if that was the case then why is the main G and O board cluttered with bullshit instead of bodybuilding stuff?

thisiskeith12

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »
i have to agree with this, it's hard to imagine that there's so much going on in bb'ing that you need texts sent to your phone, if that was the case then why is the main G and O board cluttered with bullshit instead of bodybuilding stuff?

I'm sure Ike is counting on MusclePhone to pay off his Rolls Royce Snow Plow ::)