Author Topic: John Romano speaking about Lee Priest being dropped from MD  (Read 3867 times)

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
John Romano speaking about Lee Priest being dropped from MD
« on: March 24, 2008, 07:50:02 PM »
The term of this year’s contract between MD and Lee expired just exactly the same as the two years before it. 30 days before it was to end, Steve and Lee resigned another agreement for a year. There were no discussions for 2 ˝ months leading up to it like Lee felt was necessary this year. The only difference this time is that Lee’s professional decisions leading up to the end of his contract term gave him cause to worry.

Other than that, it transpired just like the two years before, only this time Steve decided not to resign him. There is nothing cold hearted about it. I’m sure Steve would have been warmer toward Lee if Lee hadn’t had a tantrum on line and disrespected him. Lee acted the way he did and got what he deserved. He could have called Steve himself. He has his cell phone number. If it is that important he speak to him, call him. Call his cell ten times a day. I’ve seen Steve answer his cell when Lee was calling. So, I know he’s got the number. If he lost it I know Cara would have given it to him. He could have asked me, I would have given it to him. There was absolutely no reason for Lee to have taken this to the boards. Once he did, all conversations regarding it were off.   

Steve would have gotten around to dealing with Lee in plenty of time before his contract ended.  Just like in years past.  Obviously, Lee understands his business decisions of late have not been very prudent and he was understandably anxious to speak with Steve about his moving forward.  There were plenty of communications between Lee and Steve’s office that Steve would get to Lee as soon as he could.  Lee lost his patients and aired his personal business on the boards to get everyone’s sympathy.  Poor dejected athlete  - the underdog – the down trodden – no one called him back.  Everyone rally around Lee’s pity pot and cry in it with him.  Lee chose his path, he acted as he wished, and he didn’t get his contract renewed.  Those are the breaks. 

:-\
!

JohnnyVegas

Re: John Romano speaking about Lee Priest being dropped from MD
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 07:52:31 PM »
Who the fuck needs MD, they already have BBings biggest STAR-Derek Anthony!

::)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:09:07 PM »
It's been quite a while since this all transpired.
What made you bring it up now?

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
It's been quite a while since this all transpired.
What made you bring it up now?

well, cause there's no way that romano felt Lee was a 'poor, djected pity pot' a year ago, and now he is best buddies with him.

!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »

Hmmmm, Lee Priest is running short of places to go due to bad judgement in his personal business dealings within the sport. The guy is a great pro and seems to be his own man which ya gotta admire on some level.
Being that independent minded may sound good, but it may cost him now and pretty much end any viable pro career for Lee now.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:22:46 PM »
well, cause there's no way that romano felt Lee was a 'poor, djected pity pot' a year ago, and now he is best buddies with him.

Did they kiss & make up?
I quit following the soap opera.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »
Lee is lee.  You don't need to make up with the guy.  You just know that sometimes he's going to be irrational and say silly things.  You either accept that or avoid him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »
:-\
This was such a fucking joke...  Ok, MD at the time was really pushing this No Bull thing and Lee got on with some no bull.  Shit was hashed out in the thread and in the end all seemed like it worked out in a "no bull" format... I had no problem with seeing issues Lee had with Steve hashed out in public, it's the format that stupid c ocksucker asked for ::)  But the vendetta was set againt Lee's "no bull" opinion  Bottom Line, MD, Steve and Romano are full of grade AAA bullshit.

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:01:22 PM »
Lee Priest is running short of places to go due to bad judgement in his personal business dealings within the sport. The guy is a great pro and seems to be his own man which ya gotta admire on some level.
Being that independent minded may sound good, but it may cost him now and pretty much end any viable pro career for Lee now

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:58:57 AM »
Lee doesn't need MD anyways, once that video of him pissing on his ex wife hits the internet he'll be a millionaire.

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »
Lee doesn't need MD anyways, once that video of him pissing on his ex wife hits the internet he'll be a millionaire.

is there a video available of this?
!

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 05:32:15 PM »
Negotiations between a bodybuilder and a company are a total disadvantage to the bodybuilder. No one "needs" a bodybuilder so the party that isn't needed will get the short end every time.

Bodybuilders need an agent to deal with these emotional issues. Money is an emotional issue. I can see why Lee would "freak out" when his contract is up in a couple of months and he has no idea if he will get resigned.

NFL and MLB players do the same thing when they are in the middle of a 5 year contact. They want an extension and get emotional when it's not offered. Lee is just feeling like anyone would. Actions = not good. Feelings = understandable.

If a bodybuilder had an agent to handle these issues for him, the company would not even deal with the agent. Why? The company would give up their negotiation edge.

The golden rule - he who have the gold makes the rules

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »

Actually, Derek Anthony isn't signed to MD. He just posts there and hangs with them at the expos.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »
Lee has to have some kind of down syndrome or mental retardation, he keeps doing this to himself, burning bridges with everyone around him, people that saved him after he pissed off the IFBB and got kicked out on his ass, and now he's burned his bridges with them. I don't feel bad for the guy at all, he's the one constantly running his mouth. His time is up, he's getting older, his body hasn't changed or improved in 10-12 years and is now covered up with tats. Bye bye Lee.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
That bleached blond midget is one of the biggest crybaby jackasses I've ever seen

Purge_WTF

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 07:39:17 PM »
That bleached blond midget is one of the biggest crybaby jackasses I've ever seen

Do you mean Lee or Blechman?

At any rate, both Romano and Priest are tools.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »
  Do you mean Lee or Blechman?

At any rate, both Romano and Priest are tools.

Lee, but blechman is a cockholster too

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »

Especially Lee.

In Dubai, India, Lee is 5 feet tall...a foot taller than everywhere else on the planet.
HAHA, RON.....

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 08:19:45 PM »
Don't know much about the guy but he seems to speak his mind let the chips fall where they may.  Admirable.  If he partenered up with someone who could reign him in when required, maybe he could do big things on the Aus scene, which was where he said he wanted to live anyway.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »
Don't know much about the guy but he seems to speak his mind let the chips fall where they may.  Admirable. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what's admirable about always shooting from the hip and not giving two craps about what your employer thinks ???  No wonder this dumb midget can't hold down a job.

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see what's admirable about always shooting from the hip and not giving two craps about what your employer thinks ???  No wonder this dumb midget can't hold down a job.
It's something called balls. There'll always be an employer that'll respect that.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »
It's something called balls. There'll always be an employer that'll respect that.

It's not balls, it's "stupidity".

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 11:34:53 PM »
It's not balls, it's "stupidity".

Agreed, Lee's got 0 tact, Blechman saves his ass and gives him an income and mag coverage after the IFBB tosses him on his ass and this is how he treats him..  guy is just reckless.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »
Has nobody else noticed how old this topic is?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 03:20:00 AM »

It's kind of cool to see someone who isn't afraid to disagree with their employer when they feel it's right.  Anyone who takes the view that their boss might write their checks but he doesn't own their soul is pretty cool.  Of course, I don't know the particulars of the case.  If he's wrong and wouldn't admit it, grandstanding for reasons unknown, or just has a chip and is too insecure to do what he's told, etc, then it takes some of the shine off.

I remember when he decided to compete outside the IFBB tho and (again not knowing the case inside and out) I had to agree with him.  It's not like he was a salaried employee of the IFBB, and I disagree with the IFBB's stance that anyone who competes elsewhere becomes non grata.  The IFBB should try to be the sort of organization that competitors choose to compete in because it's the best, has the most revered titles, the best sponsors looking to sign it's winners, the best prize money, etc, but that's another topic.

There's a diff between balls and stupidity, but I have to side with Lee on the IFBB thing unless more evidence than "Those are the rules and he chose to break them" comes along.  As for the MD thing, I don't really know if Lee was just being a pain in the ass or not, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt after IFBB thing.