Author Topic: No Carville Apology for Judas Remark  (Read 1026 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
No Carville Apology for Judas Remark
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
No Carville Apology for Judas Remark
Monday, March 24, 2008 5:59 PM

WASHINGTON -- Hillary Rodham Clinton adviser James Carville is refusing to apologize for comparing New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson to Judas.

Carville made the comparison to The New York Times after Richardson, once a member of former President Bill Clinton's Cabinet, endorsed Clinton rival Barack Obama last week for the Democratic presidential nomination. Carville called it an "act of betrayal," and pointed out that it came around Holy Week.

"Mr. Richardson's endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out (Jesus) for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic," he said.

Richardson told "Fox News Sunday" over the weekend that he wouldn't respond by getting "in the gutter like that."

"That's typical of many of the people around Senator Clinton," Richardson said on Fox. "They think they have a sense of entitlement to the presidency."

Carville told CNN on Monday that Richardson had committed an "egregious act" and he intended to make a sharp response to it.

"I wanted to use a very strong metaphor to make my point," Carville told CNN. "I doubt if Governor Richardson and I will be particularly close in the future."

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson told reporters Monday that he didn't agree with Carville's comment.

"If I had said it, I would apologize," Wolfson said. "I did not say it, and if I had I would, but that's up to him."

Richardson served as ambassador to the United Nations and energy secretary during the Clinton administration.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/carville_richardson/2008/03/24/82709.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: No Carville Apology for Judas Remark
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:18:27 PM »
people need to quit being so easily offended.  whiny bitches. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »
I've like Carville but this was stupid and this is why you will see that this prolonged crap will really hurt the party.  Here Hillary is haning on a fucking long chance hope at the expense of the entire party. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
the media is only talking about hilary like she has a chance, because it's good theater.  People either love or hate her.  There was a similar sitation with Huck, and frankly, no one noticed.  He was too vanilla, so they ignored it til he got bored and quit.  With hilary, they know people will stay glued to their TVs, as they either hate her, or love her.  So i's good for ratings.  Obama owns the nomination.  She's just trying to claw her way into the job, who can blame her, it sounds like a fun job.  You can do anything you want and your flock of cum receptacles sheep will blame congress for it

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
What do you guys think of the fact that Richardson did a total 180 to what the people of New Mexico want? He recieved 1% of his states vote when he ran for President, doesn't that say something about him?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »
I've like Carville but this was stupid and this is why you will see that this prolonged crap will really hurt the party.  Here Hillary is haning on a fucking long chance hope at the expense of the entire party. ::)

True enough, ...but consider it wasn't too long ago when the wheels completely fell off McCains campaign bus.
Now look at him. personally I think Hillary should throw in the towel, and step aside for the good of the party, because even if she does hang on, ...unless McCain is caught with a little boy, ...or a dead little girl, her chances are slim to none. She is going down. There's no question about it. Those who know, know. She has too many issues and they will catch up to her. In the off chance she somehow manages to skate through and get herself elected to the post, it will be only be for a day or two before she's impeached. Infact, impeachment proceedings could begin even before inauguration day.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:39:46 PM »
What do you guys think of the fact that Richardson did a total 180 to what the people of New Mexico want? He recieved 1% of his states vote when he ran for President, doesn't that say something about him?

Clinton won 49% to 48% there, in a tightly polled race.  Just as with choosing a prez in november, if most people know their favorite is not in the running, and 1-2 are neck and neck, they're going to vote for the candidate in the top 2 they can stand the most. 

richardson was probably the most qualified dem in the race... possibly the most prepared from both parties, for facing middle east energy woes... but his personality and the $ just wasn't there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 08:47:41 PM »

He's probably looking for a job in the Obama administration.  To say the race speech changed his mind is really shallow. 

I'm starting to think that Obama has a real shot if all he has to do is make speeches. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 08:49:58 PM »
I'm starting to think that Obama has a real shot if all he has to do is make speeches. 

You'll be cheerleading every move obama does as president.  it's your duty.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 08:53:29 PM »
He's probably looking for a job in the Obama administration.  To say the race speech changed his mind is really shallow. 

I guess that makes me shallow, ...me and a whole bunch of people around the world.
Let me assure you, obama did not just make history or an impact in the US, people all over the world took notice.

FYI: On the campaign trail, that's all he has to do. As well as debate, but he's good at that too.
Take heart tho, ...the last 2 US elections have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the candidate who delivers the best speech doesn't always get into the whitehouse.
w