Author Topic: Don’t discount Gore-led ticket  (Read 4927 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Don’t discount Gore-led ticket
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:36:51 AM »
U.S. Rep. Tim Mahoney, whose district includes much of Martin and St. Lucie counties, is hoping he won’t have to attend the Democratic Party national convention in Denver in August.

If he does go, that will mean the Democrats still haven’t decided a nominee for the presidential election. And if neither Sen. Hillary Clinton nor Sen. Barack Obama has clinched the nomination by August, Mahoney says we may see a brokered convention, meaning the nominee could emerge from a negotiated settlement.

“If it (the nomination process) goes into the convention, don’t be surprised if someone different is at the top of the ticket,” Mahoney said.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Don’t discount Gore-led ticket
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:44:12 AM »
zero way.

I only wish...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:50:36 AM »
Gore had a chance and blew it. He's probably a decent enough person but really isn't a very good polititian and doesn't seem relevent anymore. I highly doubt anyone wants to read "Clinton-Gore" on a bumpersticker again, either. Not very up on the 22nd ammendment in regards to VPs so I don't know if that would be legal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:52:13 AM »
It'd be the breaking news of the year, wouldn't it?

I think just like with all thing 2008 election, it'll be a year of firsts.

"we'll never have a black man on the ticket, we'll never have a woman on the ticket"... two mantras that our parents guaranteed... now we will have one or both.  

If there was ever a time when party elders will assemble a lineup to tackle McCain-Crist, this will be it.  Gore/Obama... LMAO...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:52:48 AM »
I highly doubt anyone wants to read "Clinton-Gore" on a bumpersticker again, either.

Can anyone here deny that Clinton-Gore would have won another 4 years in office, had they been allowed to run in 2000?

;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 06:53:49 AM »
I'd vote for him and I'm hoping the 2012 end of the world is off so he can run...  Al Gore is awesome :)

Let the hating begin 8)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 06:56:04 AM »
Can anyone here deny that Clinton-Gore would have won another 4 years in office, had they been allowed to run in 2000?

;)

Clinton would still be president if there was no 22nd ammendment, LOL! He is definately the most accomplished polititian (def; professional liar) of our time. That guy could pee on your shoes and convince you it was raining.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 07:03:03 AM »
Clinton would still be president if there was no 22nd ammendment, LOL! He is definately the most accomplished polititian (def; professional liar) of our time. That guy could pee on your shoes and convince you it was raining.
not anymore... They are on the verge of totally destroying their own reputation... If Clinton follows this to the end and a McCain wins, no matter who got the nomination, Clintons will be despised by the right AND left for the first time.  They might as well move to Greenland.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:06:18 AM »
not anymore... They are on the verge of totally destroying their own reputation... If Clinton follows this to the end and a McCain wins, no matter who got the nomination, Clintons will be despised by the right AND left for the first time.  They might as well move to Greenland.

I sitll think hilary would win.

The media would jump on her side (80% of media does have left leanings, as 80% of population has liberal leanings due to neocon disgust).

The media would call it a "hard-fought victory" saying "Clinton just wouldn't give up!".  They would "Admire her dedication and never-say-die attitude!"

in the debates, Clinton would beat the heck out of McCain.  She's mentally quicker than Obama, and way quicker than Mccain.  No denying that. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 08:07:47 AM »
in the debates, Clinton would beat the heck out of McCain.  She's mentally quicker than Obama, and way quicker than Mccain.  No denying that. 

I'll "deny it".  ;) If she's so much sharper than Obama in debates, how come Obama won the last two debates they've had? At best they were a draw. Obama will beat the heck out of McCain in debates as well. When they stand together Obama's going to seem like he's about 37 and McCain will seem like he's about 80.  :-\

Anything less than Obama at the top of the ticket will destroy the Democratic party as we know it today.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:09:48 AM »
I'll "deny it".  ;) If she's so much sharper than Obama in debates, how come Obama won the last two debates they've had? At best they were a draw. Obama will beat the heck out of McCain in debates as well. When they stand together Obama's going to seem like he's about 37 and McCain will seem like he's about 80.  :-\

Anything less than Obama at the top of the ticket will destroy the Democratic party as we know it today.

Obama had the rock star thing going on.  But he's still naive.  I agree he beat her in debates, and he would beat mccain.  But I think they'll both beat mccain in debates.  you can like mccain or love mccain, but you can't argue he'll look like an old man ranting about Iran/AQ under those hot debate lights... not a good image.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:55 AM »
Al Gore: Memory Challenged

Al Gore's 1992 Iraq speech
&feature=related[/youtube]

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 08:19:22 AM »
Obama had the rock star thing going on.  But he's still naive.   I agree he beat her in debates, and he would beat mccain.  But I think they'll both beat mccain in debates.  you can like mccain or love mccain, but you can't argue he'll look like an old man ranting about Iran/AQ under those hot debate lights... not a good image.
The "rock star" nonsense is mediaspeak and irrelevant. When they were throwing that phrase around Obama was sharing the stage with 546 other candidates and was rather mediocre in debates.

You agree with my sentiments, yet you throw in a useless comment. Naive about what exactly after 13 months of campaigning?
!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:04:25 AM »
I'd vote for him and I'm hoping the 2012 end of the world is off so he can run...  Al Gore is awesome :)

Let the hating begin 8)

Actually, the current choices make Gore look downright presidential.  If a Democrat has to win, I'd take him over either Billary or Osama.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 07:11:49 PM »

Actually, the current choices make Gore look downright presidential.  If a Democrat has to win, I'd take him over either Billary or Osama.
Shut the fuck up, Nazi-boy.
!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »

Gore might be the one to unify the party if hilary sneaks in and gets the nomination somehow.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »
!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 07:20:57 PM »

With their recent track record, It might be a good thing.  But i think the best case scenario for the dems is for Obama to win.  Although I'm not all too sure, in fact highly doubtful he will be able to beat McCain when it comes down to it.   Just how i see it now.  Long ways away.

It will be nice when the BUSH days are over, regardless.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
With their recent track record, It might be a good thing.  But i think the best case scenario for the dems is for Obama to win.  Although I'm not all too sure, in fact highly doubtful he will be able to beat McCain when it comes down to it.   Just how i see it now.  Long ways away.

It will be nice when the BUSH days are over, regardless.
You act like McCain with all of his "senior moments" is unbeatable. LOL The guy's going to run on a 3rd term of Bush...not very popular. America's racism can never be disconted, but I like Obama's chances of embarrassing grandpa consistently in debates and on the campaign trail.
!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 07:40:33 PM »
You act like McCain with all of his "senior moments" is unbeatable. LOL The guy's going to run on a 3rd term of Bush...not very popular. America's racism can never be disconted, but I like Obama's chances of embarrassing grandpa consistently in debates and on the campaign trail.

No, it's not that McCain is unbeatable, it's that Obama is more beatable than McCain.  It's about confidence.  Look at 2004. 

Don't me wrong, I want change.  I just see the dem party dropping the ball again with the hilary/Obama polarization. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »
No, it's not that McCain is unbeatable, it's that Obama is more beatable than McCain.  It's about confidence.  Look at 2004. 

Don't me wrong, I want change.  I just see the dem party dropping the ball again with the hilary/Obama polarization. 
This isn't 2004, and the majority of the polls going back several months now do not support your comments. They are simply your opinion with no basis in fact.
!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 07:49:59 PM »
This isn't 2004, and the majority of the polls going back several months now do not support your comments. They are simply your opinion with no basis in fact.

Polls?   They had Kerry leading in exit polls.

Zogby's latest had McCain ahead.

But yes you are right it's an opinion as is nearly everything at this point in the race.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
Al Gore: Memory Challenged

Al Gore's 1992 Iraq speech
&feature=related[/youtube]

Noooo.  Not the facts.  :)  Gore the warmonger.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 07:54:05 PM »

Obama gives a great speech, but I wasn't all that impressed with him in the debates.  His debating skills were okay IMO.  McCain was average too.   

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
Obama gives a great speech, but I wasn't all that impressed with him in the debates.  His debating skills were okay IMO.  McCain was average too.   
Obama will slaughter grandpa in any upcoming debates.

It won't make much difference, however. The way these debates are formatted make them more like joint press conferences than any real debate between the candidates.
And people see what they want to see coming out these quasi-debates, anyway. McCain can get whupped but the die hard Republicans will say he did well and remain unmoved.
!