Author Topic: PBW: Serge Nubret "Live from Paris" - Plus: Johnnie Jackson (Replay)  (Read 36073 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW: SERGE NUBRET "Live from Paris"  (Replay Now Available)

Plus:  "Pep Talk" with Johnnie O. Jackson

This week, the destination is Paris as "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" welcomes the legendary SERGE NUBRET.  Presented by MuscleTech, PBW presents a rare interview with one of bodybuilding's most enduring and controversial figures.  A former Mr. Universe, Mr. World and Mr. Europe, Nubret has appeared in more than 20 feature films (including Pumping Iron).  Nicknamed "The Black Panther" and regarded for having some of the best aesthetics of the modern era, Nubret might best be known for challenging Schwarzenegger at the memorable 1975 Mr. Olympia.  -- Also on Monday, Larry Pepe visits with the world's strongest bodybuilder, Johnnie O. Jackson for the weekly edition of "Pep Talk".

Replay Now Available - Visit the online broadcast center at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Replay Update:  (From Tokyo to Paris)  Replay Central is now featuring PBW's interview with Hidetada Yamagishi in Japan. Replays provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com.

PBW is presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuildng.com and by Flex Magazine. 
Additional sponsors include Bodywell Nutrition, The Muscle Asylum Project, MuscleTime.com, Max Muscle and The Vein Centre of the Palm Beaches.
PBW: The official radio show of the 2008 Olympia Weekend.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Now that should be an interesting interview. Looking forward to hearing at Serge has to say

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Interesting things about Serge Nubret...

AKA "The Black Panther", Serge was a business major who moved away to skip being drafted in the Algierian War.   His family hated bodybuilding, but he did it anyway.  He won  Mr. Guadeloupe in 1960 after only 3 months of bodybuilding training. 

An actor, Serge starred in 25 films, including Pumping Iron.  He competed until 1984, and guestposed in 2003 at the age of 65.  I remember the pics, he looked to be in some insanely good shape - anyone have them?

In 2006, he authored "I am...Me and God", an autobiography with some deep thoughts.  He is 69 years old.

Ask him about the training... back in the day he used to do 10+ sets of bench presses... He used to do an hour of barbell curls on chest day.

http://www.sergenubret.com/home.php?page=bio&lang=us

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
will there be an interpreter?
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
He used to do an hour of barbell curls on chest day.

being a mod on the training board, hear my advice:

never have your chest workout consist of an hour of barbell curls. it will not make your chest bigger.

hope this helps.

Z

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Ask him about his cycles. I'm not hating on Serge or anything, but i wanna see how he reacts to it on air. Here he just denies it...
No doubt about it...

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.

Now that should be an interesting interview. Looking forward to hearing at Serge has to say

Should be good. I think Serge Nubret started his own federation at one time.  Anyone have pics of him next to Arnold?
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Mr Pepe,

Please ask johnnie Jackson about the feud with Ben White.

Remember that Ben White (who claims he is the greatest bodybuilder ever despite never entering a pro show) said he's the strongest bodybuilder ever.

Johnnie jackson said he'd to a squat/dead/bench contest - then ben white BACKED DOWN!

Turns out, "the greatest" has never done squats OR deadlifts.  He's strictly a bencher (you can see him doing a monster 10 reps with 315 on youtube).

Ask him how he feels about this 1/3 powerlifter who has never done a show, besmurching his good name!
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
will there be an interpreter?
His English is fine, you'll have no problem understanding. Will there be a transcrict of the interview on here??

ben 1

• Getbig II
  • real men !
Hi Serge,
what do you think about the B&A International Classics 2008?
Do you think the IFBB are afraid of us because we care about the Amateur Athletes and they do not and that after we showed them how it can be done,that the Athletes are mad at the IFBB?
Do you think it is finally time to change Amateur Bodybuilding for the better (more prizes)?

Ben

www.internationalclassic slasvegas.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
His English is fine, you'll have no problem understanding. Will there be a transcrict of the interview on here??

good you're never sure with the french
Z

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III

Ron, I have so many things to say, you can ask me any question you want.

Serge Nubret
http://www.sergenubret.com
http://www.sergenubret.com/muscleawards
http://www.sergenubret.com/personaltrainer

Made in Montana

• Getbig II

Serge--65 yrs. old young

Made in Montana

• Getbig II

Made in Montana

• Getbig II

Made in Montana

• Getbig II

Made in Montana

• Getbig II

Made in Montana

• Getbig II
Serge with Miss Brazil Simone et Luc yesterday...

...and 2 weeks ago at the Messe BodyFitness Expo

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Montana, Great pics!!   Im going to listen in on this one.   Serge wasnt one to be pushed around by weiders i imagine!!  8)

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
Thanks for posting that photographic "history" of Nubret's career.  Great stuff!

I think the most important contribution to the sport, or legacy, of a guy like Serge Nubret is that his kind of aesthetically pleasing physique encouraged and inspired a whole lot of guys to train, buy the magazines, follow the sport, etc. 

You hear the same thing said about a physique like Frank Zane's.  Some will say that Nubret or Zane presented a look that was both desirable to a wide range of people and "attainable".  I understand where this sentiment comes from but I have to respectfully disagree on the "attainable" aspect.  While Nubret always looked like a "human ideal" (not what some today refer to as a "freak"), the average Joe was not going to attain Serge's look no matter what they did in (or out) of the gym . . . There is only one Serge Nubret . . . Let's just say that he is what many folks would "aspire" to look like (if they could) . . . There is a far smaller group of people that aspire to look like today's 300 pound pros even if, as I do, they deeply respect their achievements.

I can't wait to hear the interview.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
crazy waistline... one of the best chests ever.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Ron, I have so many things to say, you can ask me any question you want.

Serge Nubret
http://www.sergenubret.com
http://www.sergenubret.com/muscleawards
http://www.sergenubret.com/personaltrainer

Serge, one of the great classic physiques ever on the Olympia stage.
I would hope that Chic and you get into it about the current IFBB judging standards.
Should they reward more classic line physiques like yours over the more massive ones.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Made in Montana

• Getbig II
Thank you War-Horse...and special thanks to Joel for contacting Serge about the show. Thank you Dan and Bob for having him on PBW. Thank you Paolo for your help hosting photos.

Made in Montana

• Getbig II
Thanos posted this on planetmuscle.com:
Serge was in 25 films and tv series:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/IronGameLegendsF/sactor.jpg