Author Topic: Face Facts: McCain will be the next President of the United States  (Read 5460 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy

Yet again the bumbling democratic party has yet again squandered an opportunity to put a president in the white house by dividing itself.

In a way it's made polar opposites in it's own party with Obama and Clinton.   There will be masses of voters on each side that will not vote for the other if their candidate doesn't get elected.  Those voters will vote for what they see as a more moderate conservative:  McCain, and then the nail in the coffin might be McCain choosing a black running mate.

The dems might consider dissolving as a party becuase their credibility went out the door as the party has been more and more identified with extreme liberals who even average democrats find completely out there in wack-o space..

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Face Facts: McCain will be the next President of the United States
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »

Yet again the bumbling democratic party has yet again squandered an opportunity to put a president in the white house by dividing itself.

In a way it's made polar opposites in it's own party with Obama and Clinton.   There will be masses of voters on each side that will not vote for the other if their candidate doesn't get elected.  Those voters will vote for what they see as a more moderate conservative:  McCain, and then the nail in the coffin might be McCain choosing a black running mate.

The dems might consider dissolving as a party becuase their credibility went out the door as the party has been more and more identified with extreme liberals who even average democrats find completely out there in wack-o space..

I disagree.  McCain may become president, but I don't believe the Democrats are a fractured party. We see this type of polarization in every race for the nomination. Look at the Republican primaries leading up to the 2000 sElection. I don't think I have ever witnessed such polarization & demonization in my lifetime. It's not over yet. There's still plenty of time to heal any rifts that have developed. I only see one Democratic candidate slinging mud and scratching & clawing, ...but that will end soon enough.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:10:25 PM »
I disagree.  McCain may become president, but I don't believe the Democrats are a fractured party. We see this type of polarization in every race for the nomination. Look at the Republican primaries leading up to the 2000 sElection. I don't think I have ever witnessed such polarization & demonization in my lifetime. It's not over yet. There's still plenty of time to heal any rifts that have developed. I only see one Democratic candidate slinging mud and scratching & clawing, ...but that will end soon enough.

This late in the game for the dems?

It might be different if it where 2 similar candidates, but here we have Hilary and Obama to very differently viewed candidates who have negated any possibility of them working together.

So then you get the preacher thing with Obama and then the Bosnia thing with Hilary..............   It's like McCain is sitting in a poker tourney and watching his competition eat themselves up...lol

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:21:53 PM »
No matter what your political viewpoint, you have to admit the Dems suck at taking advantage of opportunity.  Most of the ones running their political operations couldn't find a clue if it were handed to them.
Ron: "I am lazy."

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 02:31:10 PM »
No matter what your political viewpoint, you have to admit the Dems suck at taking advantage of opportunity.  Most of the ones running their political operations couldn't find a clue if it were handed to them.

That's the point i'm making.  And if you look back at it, it's like they sold their souls becuase they thought they had to pander to some extreme liberal ideas or at least extreme liberal ideas or mis-truths that have pinned on liberals by the propaganda and spin from more savy republicans such as:

Liberal = anti-christian
Liberal = Hating America

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
I think you're right Ozmo.  McCain will probably win this thing.  Not crazy about him, but I think he'll do a decent job. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »
I think you're right Ozmo.  McCain will probably win this thing.  Not crazy about him, but I think he'll do a decent job. 

Earlier today, I went to McCain's website and read over his policy positions and thoughts.  While I don't agree with him on every position, on balance I saw more things I liked than things I didn't, and despite his position on Iraq, I think he will be a real departure from Bush both on style and substance.

"Crazy John" it is!  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 03:02:20 PM »

Earlier today, I went to McCain's website and read over his policy positions and thoughts.  While I don't agree with him on every position, on balance I saw more things I liked than things I didn't, and despite his position on Iraq, I think he will be a real departure from Bush both on style and substance.

"Crazy John" it is!  :D

Yeah.  The lesser of two evils (again).

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 03:13:25 PM »
Time will tell I suppose.
w

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »
Yeah.  The lesser of two evils (again).

I don't know if I'd even go that far.  He's certainly no friend of the religious right (good), and he seems genuinely concerned with spending/deficit and campaign/political reform which is completely consistent with his "maverick" efforts earlier in his senate career. He's not in with the Bush crowd at all, and his independent streak is a helpful thing.  He doesn't have the "rock star" thing going on like Obama, and he doesn't have the charisma of a Reagan, but I'm beginning to think he's a solid choice.  Far better than either of the Dem candidates or our current president.

The Coach

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 03:39:32 PM »
Despite what most people think, I disagreed with Rush, Hannity, Coulter and Levine on the whole McCain bashing thing, I wanted Thompson but after he conceded I went straight to McCain. My wifes cousin works directly for McCain and interacts with him daily, within the upcoming months we (my wife, me and my son) will be meeting him, my wifes disabled cousin is head of McCains disabled commitee (I think that's it) and she interacts with him daily as well. All say he his as sincere and passionate in person as he is in his speechs!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 03:51:08 PM »
OzmO, are you being satirical?

I thought Obama had presidency in the bag? That's what we're hearing in the UK.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
I don't know if I'd even go that far.  He's certainly no friend of the religious right (good), and he seems genuinely concerned with spending/deficit and campaign/political reform which is completely consistent with his "maverick" efforts earlier in his senate career. He's not in with the Bush crowd at all, and his independent streak is a helpful thing.  He doesn't have the "rock star" thing going on like Obama, and he doesn't have the charisma of a Reagan, but I'm beginning to think he's a solid choice.  Far better than either of the Dem candidates or our current president.

Good points.  Definitely a better choice than Obama.  I do like his independent streak.  That will serve him well as president.  His credentials/experience are solid too. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »

That's what the media wants you to think.  The US media practically anointed Obama early on, and I'd imagine the UK media gets their stories on US politics from the US press.

In reality, the race is a toss-up.  McCain is ahead by a few points right now, but that's as much a product of the Democratic in-fighting going on right now as anything else.  It will narrow after the convention. McCain's real advantage is his stregnth in moderate swing states that usually end up deciding our state-by-state presidential elections.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 04:30:22 PM »

That's what the media wants you to think.  The US media practically anointed Obama Hillary early on, and I'd imagine the UK media gets their stories on US politics from the US press.

In reality, the race is a toss-up.  McCain is ahead by a few points right now, but that's as much a product of the Democratic in-fighting going on right now as anything else.  It will narrow after the convention. McCain's real advantage is his stregnth in moderate swing states that usually end up deciding our state-by-state presidential elections.
Edited for accuracy.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
Despite what most people think, I disagreed with Rush, Hannity, Coulter and Levine on the whole McCain bashing thing, I wanted Thompson but after he conceded I went straight to McCain. My wifes cousin works directly for McCain and interacts with him daily, within the upcoming months we (my wife, me and my son) will be meeting him, my wifes disabled cousin is head of McCains disabled commitee (I think that's it) and she interacts with him daily as well. All say he his as sincere and passionate in person as he is in his speechs!

Good info about McCain - I'd like to see more of that shared here... let us know why mccain is the right man :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 04:40:35 PM »

2 Zogby polls a month apart showed each of them alternately edging each other with the most recent having McCain on top.  If you look at what the last election was like, i seem to remember similar results prior to the election.   The problem is, when it comes down to it, will the average American feel good about voting for Obama in light of this thing with the preacher or will they cast a "safe" vote?   Even with out the preacher are Americans confident enough in
Obama to vote for him when it's time to actually cast the vote?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 04:43:11 PM »
30 weeks. 

200+ days until election day. 

We haven't seen the debates yet, where everything is determined.
We don't know what the war will look like in Nov.
We don't know what the economy will look like in Nov.

To believe you "know" either side will win in November is naive.  historically, coming out of a war in a bad economy, voters choose change (Ask Bush in 1992!), but anything can happen.  To believe you know what will happen is silly.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 04:43:42 PM »
Edited for accuracy.

Hillary had a massive lead in the polls, and they simply reported on it.  This is about how hard the media has been pushing Obama since 2004.  Less that four years ago nobody had ever heard of this guy.  He was a junior state assemblyman in Illinois, and after his speech at the convention, the media started talking about him being president some day.  He got a disproportionate amount of press when he ran for the Senate and since, most of it not just positive, but downright glowing. It's not like he can control that, but it almost makes him look like a Manchurian candidate or something.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 04:58:27 PM »
  historically, coming out of a war in a bad economy, voters choose change (Ask Bush in 1992!), but anything can happen.  To believe you know what will happen is silly.

You're absolutely right, which is one of the reasons the original point of this thread is so valid:  the Democrats fuccked up a golden opportunity to win in a cakewalk.  Now it's a dead heat, with independent-minded McCain ahead in places like Pennsylvania and Michigan of all places.  If he takes those two, it's over.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 05:51:52 PM »
30 weeks. 

200+ days until election day. 

We haven't seen the debates yet, where everything is determined.
We don't know what the war will look like in Nov.
We don't know what the economy will look like in Nov.

To believe you "know" either side will win in November is naive.  historically, coming out of a war in a bad economy, voters choose change (Ask Bush in 1992!), but anything can happen.  To believe you know what will happen is silly.

I'm not saying "I know" what will happen.  I'm just saying based on what i see now and the direction his retractors can pursue, i don't see him winning.

Your points are well taken, there is plenty of time left.  Anything can happen. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
i'm excited about this election year.  2004 was boring.  I don't worry too much about the outcome - both will do a similar and good job.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 05:58:01 PM »
i'm excited about this election year.  2004 was boring.  I don't worry too much about the outcome - both will do a similar and good job.

You should.

The next President will be appointing new SCOTUS justices.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »

Hillary had a massive lead in the polls, and they simply reported on it.  This is about how hard the media has been pushing Obama since 2004.  Less that four years ago nobody had ever heard of this guy.  He was a junior state assemblyman in Illinois, and after his speech at the convention, the media started talking about him being president some day.  He got a disproportionate amount of press when he ran for the Senate and since, most of it not just positive, but downright glowing. It's not like he can control that, but it almost makes him look like a Manchurian candidate or something.

Don't waste your time trying to explain anything to Benny, in his mind Obama is a prophet and can do no wrong, he is completly closed off to anything or anyone other than Obama.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

2006 was interesting though wasn't it. Mark Foley really spiced things up in those last days didn't he?  ;D
w