Author Topic: With Ronnie out of the O, it would be wise to bring back the Master Olympia !  (Read 2141 times)

Stavios

Lets face it, if they had the Master Olympia again and Ronnie competed in it, it would brings more interest than every show exept the Olympia and the ASC

Promoters should take that in condideration

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Bob Chickerrillo would wipe the floor with him, too much risk involving Ronnie  8)

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
The age would have to be moved up to 50 and over.  With guys like chic, coleman, tony freeman, and a handful of others over 40 who could still be competative at the regular olympia, it would make no sense to continue the masters as an over 40 contest.  They would also need to hold it the same weekend as the olympia, because you're just not gonna draw that big of a crowd if its a show all on its own.

Stavios

The age would have to be moved up to 50 and over.  With guys like chic, coleman, tony freeman, and a handful of others over 40 who could still be competative at the regular olympia, it would make no sense to continue the masters as an over 40 contest.  They would also need to hold it the same weekend as the olympia, because you're just not gonna draw that big of a crowd if its a show all on its own.

I think even if it was held on its own it would draw a crowd

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!

Wrong, people arent going to take a weekend vacation somewhere to watch that show.  The younder crowd that is the target market of the supplement companies will have less interest in this show than a regular one which will mean less sponsors.  Great sentiment, shitty idea bra.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
Well it always interested me, i would like to see it

JasonH

• Getbig V
No-one's gonna bring that show back now just because Ronnie qualifies for it.

Hell, lets have an over 60's Olympia and get Arnold to compete again!

Slintowin4424

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Seminar May 10 in brea message me for details
Lets face it, if they had the Master Olympia again and Ronnie competed in it, it would brings more interest than every show exept the Olympia and the ASC

ROnnie is def. done unless his back and tricep got fixed which I doubt he doesn't stand a chance

biceps

• Getbig III

Totally agre with you, 40 years is not old anymore,  todays 40 is like 30 in the 80`s.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Well it always interested me, i would like to see it

Yes, but would you PAY to see it?

RagingBull

• Getbig IV

Atlas Shrugged is my favorite book.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Atlas Shrugged is my favorite book.

OMG me too!!!111

seriously though, not even close to on topic.

Moosejay

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
If the Masters Olympia did come back it would give most pros who are in there fortys a chance wining the masters Olympia.

Ronnie Coleman, Toney Freeman, Troy Alves, and possibly Will Harris.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Yes
I have a feeling you would pay to see an amputee bodybuilding contest.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Gym dude

• Getbig III
Mentzers is good shape at the moment. Stands a chance

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

Many good pro's over 40!

hell vince Taylor is 51! or 52...he can kill em all!
then theres :

Alves
Ronnie
Freeman
Milos
i think Cormier (soon will be 40)
Bob Chick
Rusty Jeffers
Strydom
etc...

just throw this on to any other show...like Europa has the 202 class...

NY PRO can have the masters show attached to it...sponsors get extra visibilty, having their names on the stage for an extra 2 hours of showtime...
plus alot of old-school people who dont care for the new state of bodybuilding might come out from under their rocks to see some of the old favorites....etc. you never know.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Many good pro's over 40!

hell vince Taylor is 51! or 52...he can kill em all!
then theres :

Alves
Ronnie
Freeman
Milos
i think Cormier (soon will be 40)
Bob Chick
Rusty Jeffers
Strydom
etc...

just throw this on to any other show...like Europa has the 202 class...

NY PRO can have the masters show attached to it...sponsors get extra visibilty, having their names on the stage for an extra 2 hours of showtime...
plus alot of old-school people who dont care for the new state of bodybuilding might come out from under their rocks to see some of the old favorites....etc. you never know.

I'd pay to see some of them compete. Seriously though, i think if they bought it back, it could be pretty popular.
No doubt about it...

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
They should bring it back, but it can't be a stand alone event, sorry Stav  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Ronnie Coleman, Toney Freeman, Troy Alves, and possibly Will Harris.

Will harris is too old to compete in the masters shows.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

Grant Ronnie a juice-break. ::)

BayGBM

• Getbig V

Only schmoes like me would go to a show like that.  ;D

Gym dude

• Getbig III