Author Topic: Possible to build Chest Mass solely on dumbell flys?? And light presses?  (Read 10370 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
I have thrown out heavy presses. I now never go above 135lb. Slow negatives, REALLY FEELING ur chest and concentrating on moving the weight with ur chest rather than pushing with ur arms..its a completely different feeling ...very hard for me to explain. Drop ur rest time between sets, and every set to faliure. Since i started using this techniuqe my chest has grown more in 2 months than it has in 2 years of heavy presses.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A nice alternative if your gym has shitty dipping bars is to do the old Scott Crosses that Larry used.  Set up the cable cross station at a height so you can grab the handles from a kneeling position and do a crossver type motion in the same arc as you would a chest dip.  When you really nail the ROM it's one of the best feelings you can ever experience in a chest workout.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
just an observation.

if your wrists AND shoulder were getting hurt from benching, it's possible that both your form and the weight you were using needed modified.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
My chest is definately a weaknwess for me. My routine has been based around compound moves. I have gotten stronger on eery one and although there has been a little  improvement, i still think chest is big time weakness. So try the flyes/pek dek and see.

Dips also, i need to work on line at bottom of chest, and these seem to hit it nicely.

Side note....flyes or pek dek??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Side note....flyes or pek dek??

Flyes. One of the best chest exercises there is. Pec deck over flyes is like leg press over squats IMO.
No doubt about it...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
can u build chest mass on flyes? sure. not as much as with bench press, though.

can u build chest mass with light presses? well, depends what's light. i mean, to build size, u have to be progressively overloading ur muscles. that is, working upto a point of failure on ur last set, including enough sets, reps and having enough rest to repair the broken down fibres. takes time to get everything right.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Flyes. One of the best chest exercises there is. Pec deck over flyes is like leg press over squats IMO.

close, but slightly off. flyes would be the leg press, pec deck the leg extension, BENCH is the squat!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
I like to keep flyes tight, bringing the elbows down to stretch, but not too far out. Like a fly/press combo. A fless. About 4-6" short of touching at top for continuous tension. Haven't had shoulder, elbow, or wrist probs in ages.