Author Topic: what's your gym got?  (Read 6107 times)

Mark1

• Getbig III
Re: what's your gym got?
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 03:21:42 AM »
fuk all in the way of weights but we have many hot bitches walking around.  :o

cptanabolic

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »
Is your gym a gym or is it a "fitness club". Gym, Powerhouse

What's the heaviest dumbells they have? 130lbs

Do they have a T-Bar row apparatus? Yes

Do they have punching bags? Yes, in the aerobic room.  I love aerobic instructors, they keep people out of the real gym.

Is there a pool? No  Sauna? No  Hot tub?  No  Cold tub/ice maker? No, but there is a water hose out front

Powerlifting platforms?  No

Squat racks? Yes, plus 2 Smiths
ResFirma Mitescera Nescit

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 03:32:54 AM »

Is your gym a gym or is it a "fitness club"?
1 is a gym gym, the other is more of a fitness club

What's the heaviest dumbells they have?
i can't lift them, so it doesn't really matter.... 270? something like that

Do they have a T-Bar row apparatus?
yes/yes

Do they have punching bags?
yes/yes

Is there a pool?  Sauna?  Hot tub?  Cold tub/ice maker?
no/yes/no/no

Powerlifting platforms?  (the kind you can drop a loaded bar on from 6 feet)
uh....... maybe?

Squat racks? (sounds silly to ask, but there are gyms that do not have them because untrained people will hurt themselves and are better off on a hack squat machine)
yes/yes

honorable mention: ipod chargers on cardio equipment  ;D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 04:54:26 AM »
My gym lacks many things....heavy dumbells [not that it matters to me obviously, but for the guys], numerous pieces of equipment, needs more cardio etc. No sauna/steam room or anything like that - but in the Caribbean that is not popular anyway, people don't want to go from heat to heat if I make sense.

Often I feel like buggering off elsewhere to train, but since I like own it, I can't really be seen at another place just blatantly admitting my gym blows :D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2008, 01:14:13 AM »
My gym lacks many things....heavy dumbells [not that it matters to me obviously, but for the guys], numerous pieces of equipment, needs more cardio etc. No sauna/steam room or anything like that - but in the Caribbean that is not popular anyway, people don't want to go from heat to heat if I make sense.

Often I feel like buggering off elsewhere to train, but since I like own it, I can't really be seen at another place just blatantly admitting my gym blows :D

I'd love to own my own gym. But seeing as I'm into the hardcore dungeon sort of places, they tend not to make any decent money and so it wouldn't be worth my while.

Fourslot40

• Getbig II
  • DAMN!
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:10 AM »
One thing I've seen outside of the normal gym/ spa layouts was a "Cardio Theatre".  It was a Gold's Gym in NC that had a movie theatre with cardio equipment inside of it.  There was a monthly movie schedule outside of the door and people would watch the movie while doing cardio.  It was dark like a movie theatre and pretty big for being inside a gym.  There was also a regular cardio deck in case you weren't into the movie thing. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »
Is your gym a gym or is it a "fitness club"

Bally Total Fitness

The one closest to my job....100s; the one closest to my house....105s (the rubber-coated Ivanko ones).

Yes!! The lying one, with the really LONG arm between the handles and the place where you load the plates.

Yep....in the aerobic room.

The one near my job......Yes; the one near my house.......NO.

Again, The one near my job......Yes; the one near my house.......NO.

Squat racks? (sounds silly to ask, but there are gyms that do not have them because untrained people will hurt themselves and are better off on a hack squat machine)

If you're referring to the powerlifting cages, the one near my job has ONE; the one near my house has TWO.

At my gym the dumbells only go to 110.  We have 1 squat rack, and only 1 smith machine, 1 cable crossover.  One preacher curl bench. 

Thankfully I get to workout at noon so I usually don't have to wait for equipment.  And this is a Bally's gym.  The old gym had so much more before they closed it down to build the new "state of the art" gym, but they lost so many amenities the old gym had.  We used to have steam room, and dry sauna, indoor track, indoor basketball court and raquetball, 4 squat racks, tbar row.....  now its a fitness club.  You used to get to work out to ac-dc and van halen...now its top 40 crap. 

What happened to the old school workout dungeons? 

Recently I went to a local high school where my workout partner works.  They have a pool so we went over there for a swim.  I asked him about the weight room so he brought me to the gym.  Their weight room sucked.  It had old cybex machines, one benchpress, and a couple pilates machines.  There was dumbells up to 60 pounds.  What the hell is anyone going to do in there?  Then he says this is just the students weight room.  Then he brings me to the athletic department weight room.  Apparently this is only for the kids in competitive sports.....and it was like something out of pumping iron.  They had the powerlifting platforms with the big colored rubbery weights.  They had medicine balls going up to like 80 pounds.  They had a row of hooks with the athlete's weight belts hanging up....and a board on the wall with the school records for bench, deadlift, squat, cleans, etc....
They had weight sleds with harnesses...dumbells going up to 150 lbs...old school VERTICAL leg press machine, and a modified hack squat that was almost upside down for guys to do lineman drills off of...like a face down hack squat.  Weighted jumpropes.  Punching bags....and enough benches and freeweights for a whole team to workout at once.

All this stuff my tax dollars pay for for these kids, no wonder the high school bench record was 340.  Meanwhile Bally's makes all this money and can't be bothered to even pick up a t- bar row.  WTF?

As I said, the Bally clubs where I train have T-Bar rows. No blaring heavy metal music plays over the PA system, not that it matters to me. Plus, the weight room is right next to the aerobic room, where the high-tempo music drowns out the sounds from the PA system, anyway).

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »
The two GYMS I go to are GYMS 

METROFLEX AND TEXAS GYM

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 04:45:47 PM »
Anyone from LA familliar with BLACK DIAMOND FITNESS in Sout Central   ooops I mean South LA?  It compares to what I think Dorians was in the 80's!!!!!   About 40 percent of the machines are broke..200 lb dumbells   but one is broke for now!!!!.the benches are all torn....but its 20 bucks straight a month!!!!   No contracts   no need for them to know my bank account.   In LA its either THE MECCA or Black Diamond with Golds RB taking a strong 3rd.
((-::

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 11:16:03 AM »
it's an old people health center.

decent freeweight section though, always empty!

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2008, 08:21:06 PM »
Is your gym a gym or is it a "fitness club"?
1 is a gym gym, the other is more of a fitness club

i can't lift them, so it doesn't really matter.... 270? something like that

yes/yes

yes/yes

no/yes/no/no

uh....... maybe?

yes/yes

honorable mention: ipod chargers on cardio equipment  ;D

and what lucky guy pays for your membership?  ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2008, 08:46:20 PM »
new gym that i work at .  it has two free weight rooms db up 10 140. two cardio rooms all with big hd t.v.s you can plug into on the cardio equipment to listen to..  8 tennis coutrs, out door olympic pool, out door kiddie pool, outdoor spa. indoor olympic pool, indoor spa, indoor therapy spa. taning, massage. three cardio/ yoga studios. pilates studio. full gymnasium. steam room and saunas.  juice bar, small supplement shop.  ...  pretty nice gym. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »
Is your gym a gym or is it a "fitness club"
NY Sports club,combo of both

120's :(

yes

yes,in the aerobics room
yes,yes,no,no

no

yes

At my gym the dumbells only go to 110.  We have 1 squat rack, and only 1 smith machine, 1 cable crossover.  One preacher curl bench. 
1,a few,a couple

You used to get to work out to ac-dc and van halen...now its top 40 crap. 
ipod

What happened to the old school workout dungeons? 
I work out like it's my own dungeon :D

my gym borders the town I work in and a very ritzy town.
I'm not shitting you when I say the parking lot is full of BMW's and Mercedes.
you've never seen so many people in Under Armour in your life :-\
the bonus is tons of attractive milfs,college chicks and in between :D