Author Topic: Chris Webber retires after 15 seasons  (Read 5342 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Chris Webber retires after 15 seasons
« on: March 26, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
"Time out, ref!  Time out!"

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Chris Webber retires after 15 seasons
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 03:48:17 AM »
Gentleman, he did a lot for charity, he showed up to many schools in L.A, Atlanta and Sac-town, donates heaps of cash to help out families

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 07:28:41 AM »
Could never stay healthy. He has some very good years with the Kings but could never get them over LA. I Good career but a lot of unrealized potential IMO.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
Pretty good career but a loser on the college and pro level.

He'd still be playing effectively today if not for that knee injury a few years ago in the playoffs.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
We took Chris to a party in high school when he was a senior and he had the whole party stopped and watching him dunk for about a half hour. It was the first time he drank, so eventually he started pulling out his dick and showing people and the whole party basically stopped again to stare at his third leg ;D
E

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 11:02:10 AM »
We took Chris to a party in high school when he was a senior and he had the whole party stopped and watching him dunk for about a half hour. It was the first time he drank, so eventually he started pulling out his dick and showing people and the whole party basically stopped again to stare at his third leg ;D
hahahah classic.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »

Wait, let me guess. He fucked a lot of white ho's in high school didn't he?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »
Wait, let me guess. He fucked a lot of white ho's in high school didn't he?

I am not sure about that. I had a friend who went to Country day with him and I hung out with him a handful of times, played videogames and shit.
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
are you kidding?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »
are you kidding?

No, he grew up near me. One of my good friends got recruited to play basketball with him at Detroit Country Day, so he started bringing him around to hang out.
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 05:40:42 PM »
No, he grew up near me. One of my good friends got recruited to play basketball with him at Detroit Country Day, so he started bringing him around to hang out.
I heard he is a real nice guy is that true

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »
I heard he is a real nice guy is that true

He was pretty cool. He was a sought after prep player, like famous in 8th grade. He was still down to earth though, although he was pissed when I beat him in double dribble. ;D
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 11:37:29 PM »
He was pretty cool. He was sought after prep player, like famous in 8th grade. He was still down to earth though, although he was pissed when I beat him in double dribble. ;D
all I know he donates alot of time and cash to charities. he had hall of fame numbers but i dont think he will be a hall of famer, but his got vote!

I remember when he was drafted, i was the biggest Orlando magic fan, when they picked him first then traded him i was crying like a bitch, Imagine Shaq and webber together in there early 20's, they would of torn up the league...Penny turned out ok for the Magic, they did make it to the finals (and got swept)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »
Tremendously talented coming out of college.  Never fulfilled his potential, played soft and too far away from the basket.  Was an ABSOLUTE beast when he wanted to be.  If he had MJs or Kobe's work ethic, we'd be talking about him in the same breath as Karl, Chuck, Elgin. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »
Tremendously talented coming out of college.  Never fulfilled his potential, played soft and too far away from the basket.  Was an ABSOLUTE beast when he wanted to be.  If he had MJs or Kobe's work ethic, we'd be talking about him in the same breath as Karl, Chuck, Elgin. 
\\

Absolutely spot on. Good analysis. Webber was a freak at Michigan U. But would only dominate in short spurts. As he got older he played further from the basket.

But a tremendously skilled baller in his heydey. Especially during the 2000-2001 season in Sactown. Averaged 27 points and 11 rebounds a game.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 03:44:45 AM »
\\

Absolutely spot on. Good analysis. Webber was a freak at Michigan U. But would only dominate in short spurts. As he got older he played further from the basket.

But a tremendously skilled baller in his heydey. Especially during the 2000-2001 season in Sactown. Averaged 27 points and 11 rebounds a game.

Wow, a Ratbird and Stiller fan getting along, who would have thunk it? 

Seriously speaking, though, CWebb was an explosive jumper who could post you up, face the basket and take you to the rack, handle the rock on the break, was a phenomenal pick and roll guy.  The only thing he had a distaste for was defense.  IF he had the work ethic of a Karl Malone, (barring injuries of course), he would have been THE power forward.  Too bad he fell in love with playing away from the basket.  He also seemed to forget he had a wonderful midrange jumper.  Can you imagine that at one time, Washington had Rasheed, Ben Wallace, CWebb, Juwan and still couldn't win? 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 07:04:37 AM »
Yeah, Washington had too many power forwards at one time. Then they traded Rasheed to Portland for Rod Strickland. That trade was the right move at the time because they didn't have a point guard. Went to playoffs and gave the Jordan lead Bulls all they could handle for three games.

Ben Wallace was basically a project player at that time. Lots of talent but raw in every sense of the word.

If C-Webb could've avoided injuries early in his career, Washington would've made him a franchise player to build the team around. Then they traded him to Sactown for Mitch Richmond. Argubly the worst trade in NBA history.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »
Yeah, Washington had too many power forwards at one time. Then they traded Rasheed to Portland for Rod Strickland. That trade was the right move at the time because they didn't have a point guard. Went to playoffs and gave the Jordan lead Bulls all they could handle for three games.

Ben Wallace was basically a project player at that time. Lots of talent but raw in every sense of the word.

If C-Webb could've avoided injuries early in his career, Washington would've made him a franchise player to build the team around. Then they traded him to Sactown for Mitch Richmond. Argubly the worst trade in NBA history.
Im sure there are worst trades then that! once i think of them i'll post em

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »
Im sure there are worst trades then that! once i think of them i'll post em

I don't know but that trade ranks up there. Webber was only 25 years old and not yet in his prime. In return they got a 33 year former all-star who went on to average 18 point a game for 2 1/2 seasons. I think Richmond missed like 40+ games during that stretch due to injury. And Washington never made the playoffs after the trade until Gilbert Arenas arrived on the scene. We're talking 12+ seasons without the playoffs after that trade.

Webber put the Sac Kings on the map and transformed them into a perennial playoff contender. True, he had a better surrounding cast(Bibby, Peja) but that Webber trade made Sactown a playoff team.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
I don't know but that trade ranks up there. Webber was only 25 years old and not yet in his prime. In return they got a 33 year former all-star who went on to average 18 point a game for 2 1/2 seasons. I think Richmond missed like 40+ games during that stretch due to injury. And Washington never made the playoffs after the trade until Gilbert Arenas arrived on the scene. We're talking 12+ seasons without the playoffs after that trade.

Webber put the Sac Kings on the map and transformed them into a perennial playoff contender. True, he had a better surrounding cast(Bibby, Peja) but that Webber trade made Sactown a playoff team.
I was a huge webber fan, and was crushed when orlando shipped him before he played with Shaq, that still hurts me, he is injury prone which made him an outside player, i read that apart from Shaq, Jordan and Garnett, webber has made the most money in NBA contracts then any player in history ("Webber earned more money playing basketball than anyone other than Jordan, Shaq or Kevin Garnett." ESPN)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 01:32:54 AM »
Worst trade ever:

Philly sends to SmelLA

Wilt Chamberlain

SmelLA sends to Philly

Darrall Imhoff, Jerry Chambers and Archie Clark. 

A reigning MVP for a guy Wilt scored 100 on and two historical footnotes?  WTF?

Second Philly SNAFU

Three team swap. 

Philly sends Moses Malone + Terry Catledge to Washington, gets Jeff Ruland and Cliff Robinson.  If that wasn't enough, Katz, the fool that he was, sent the NUMBER one pick to Cleveland for Roy Hinson.  (That number one was Brad Daugherty.)  Philly could have had Moses, Brad Daugherty and Chuck on the same front court?  WTF were they thinking?

Third Philly SNAFU

Chuck to Phoenix for Jeff "Me so Horny" Hornacek, Tim Perry (didn't like him at Temple), and Andrew Lang.  (Mark West was better than AL)

As you might note, I am a former disgruntled 76ers fan.