Author Topic: Bush promises "NO PERMANENT BASES IN IRAQ"  (Read 4040 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush promises "NO PERMANENT BASES IN IRAQ"
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »
Quotes:
no permanent bases in iraq
no binding contracts that future US leaders cannot change
similar to partnerships we have with afghanistan.
my admin will work to complete this standing partnership with iraq in the coming months.

This is some seriously big news...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Bush promises "NO PERMANENT BASES IN IRAQ"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »
He also said we have to complete the war in iraq because if we don't, terrorists will control the oil.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:03:13 AM »
you mean now they r gonna change the definition of what a base is ::)
carpe` vaginum!

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:41 AM »
Bush is doing what he can to a "sudden awareness" to be softer on his policies.  Were seeing mccain go from a lifetime of war chanting to "I hate War" with tears.   Mccain was screaming to hit north korea in 94 and serbia also.  He was happy about the iraq war....now all of a sudden, its regretfull.

The bases are huge in Iraq so this is all lies to get into office.   Americans are so gullible, its embarrassing sometimes....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 08:23:35 AM »
Just because he says it, will it be believed...who here believes it. Much like Obama and his "pull-out plan" nobody believes we aren't staying long term.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 08:32:48 AM »
I kind of liked the idea of permanent bases, to be honest.

I'm guessing for bush himself to address the topic, a lot of voices must be upset about the idea of them.

shit, after all the $ we've spent, why not keep the bases there forever?  if the saudis kick us out, it'll be nice to have forces local over there in iraq.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »
We have Kuwait...I'm for moving back to Balad and maybe something further South.

Sadr City — the Baghdad nerve center for the powerful Mahdi Army — is suddenly back on edge as the militia leader, Muqtada al-Sadr, and Iraq's government lock in a dangerous confrontation over clout and control among the nation's majority Shiites.

The epicenter of the showdown has been the southern oil hub of Basra, where clashes have claimed dozens of lives this week and al-Sadr's forces face a Friday deadline to surrender.

But a more finely tuned measure of the tensions may be found among the one- and two-story homes and shabby storefronts of Sadr City. As the crisis deepened, The Associated Press toured Sadr City on Wednesday to observe its rapid swing from relative quiet to a return of the Mahdi Army swagger before the U.S. military troop buildup in Baghdad last year

There is a 1 or 2 major reasons that Al Sadr has not completely broken the cease-fire.....hoepfully he will continue to sit tight.

L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 08:41:49 AM »
Just because he says it, will it be believed...who here believes it. Much like Obama and his "pull-out plan" nobody believes we aren't staying long term.

Sha right!  ::)  ...as if anybody ever believes a man ...any man, when he says he's gonna "pull out"?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 08:43:55 AM »

There is a 1 or 2 major reasons that Al Sadr has not completely broken the cease-fire.....hoepfully he will continue to sit tight.

Are you referring to the millions of dollars in bribes  peace money the US is currently paying to warring factions?
w

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 08:47:30 AM »
Sha right!  ::)  ...as if anybody ever believes a man ...any man, when he says he's gonna "pull out"?

We meant it before we were in the good stuff......after that it aint gonna happen.  LOL...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 08:49:49 AM »
Are you referring to the millions of dollars in bribes  peace money the US is currently paying to warring factions?

No I'm not. We're paying the Sons of Iraq, which keeps the peace, and will allow the Iraqi governmnet to control their own country. I can't say way Sadr is keeping the cease-fire. They could not do what they're doing in Basra without the SOI and the growing stability.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 08:49:55 AM »

Thats true.  90,000 on the payroll.    Just trying to hold out till the next administration, i think

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »
It better then boxes full of dead GI's. This is what should have happened after we rolled into Baghdad. Its late but its working. Honestly...these people are sick of AQI. They want us out but know that without us to roll-up AQI, they will face a disaster after we leave.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 08:54:38 AM »
No I'm not. We're paying the Sons of Iraq, which keeps the peace, and will allow the Iraqi governmnet to control their own country. I can't say way Sadr is keeping the cease-fire. They could not do what they're doing in Basra without the SOI and the growing stability.

Well if the sons of Iraq can do such a good job of keeping the peace in Iraq, why the heck don't you let them do it,
and bring the sons of America home to their families in as few pieces as possible?
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:58:27 AM »
Jag the program is a year old with maybe 75,000 of these guys working. This will creat enough stability to rebuild infrastructure, create jobs, and allow Iraq to get back on its feet. We have a blue-print to make this work. U guys all whine and complain about the Surge etc...this was all part of the plan. If u knew how much time we on non-combat engagements and operations u would be shocked. Most of what we do is to try and create enough stability and forward momentum for the Iraqi government, so we can leave.
L

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:47 AM »
Sha right!  ::)  ...as if anybody ever believes a man ...any man, when he says he's gonna "pull out"?

If I do it's gonna end up on your back.  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 07:31:22 PM »
If I do it's gonna end up on your back.  ;D

My bottom is off limits
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »
Jag the program is a year old with maybe 75,000 of these guys working. This will creat enough stability to rebuild infrastructure, create jobs, and allow Iraq to get back on its feet. We have a blue-print to make this work. U guys all whine and complain about the Surge etc...this was all part of the plan. If u knew how much time we on non-combat engagements and operations u would be shocked. Most of what we do is to try and create enough stability and forward momentum for the Iraqi government, so we can leave.

...wasn't it Mission Accomplished 5 years ago? I thought i heard Bush say that?
If the mission was accomplished 6 yrs ago, ...why did it take anothe 4 yrs to get these guys working?

w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »
97% of the 4000 deaths of our troops occurred AFTER the declaration of Mission Accomplished.

What's that mean... 120 deaths before, and the other 3,880 afterwards?  Wow...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 08:13:23 PM »
Terror is almost wiped off the face of the earth, troops will be coming home any day now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »
Terror is almost wiped off the face of the earth, troops will be coming home any day now.

-President John Mccain, in speech dated March 28, 2011, after endorsing VP Mitt Romney for replacing him as he retires from office.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 12:54:24 AM »
Quotes:
no permanent bases in iraq
no binding contracts that future US leaders cannot change
similar to partnerships we have with afghanistan.
my admin will work to complete this standing partnership with iraq in the coming months.

This is some seriously big news...
ahaha, fucking haha... weigh this with the rest of Bush's long line of doublespeak and tell me who should believe he believed a word coming out of his own mouth.  Nothing new here, say one thing, do the opposite.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 07:15:39 AM »
jag, what kind of bottom are we talking about?  pics?  (hahaha)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 07:55:35 PM »

My bottom is off limits

Okay, stomach then.  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 06:19:16 AM »
jag, what kind of bottom are we talking about?  pics?  (hahaha)

A firm tight round one. You'll have to use your imagination.  ;)
w