Author Topic: Women who think yoga, swiss balls, ab rollers etc etc will get them lean  (Read 820 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Does anybody else get annoyed with the majority of women i.e the fattys, who spend years buying in to the "yoga to lose weight" idea because thats what the magazine told them made Madonna so lean or working the core on the swiss ball is what Sarah Jessica Parker does to stay trim or that ab rollers will shed the pounds because Demi Moore did them for GI Jane?I swear I know a woman who has been buying in to this crap for well over 10 years, she is still 40 pounds overweight and still gets sucked in to new fads by her "personal trainer" friend.When I say its all crap and she needs to dial her diet in and add some long cardio sessions in 4-5 times a week she looks at me like I've just told her the world is about to end.The concept of eating less than your maintenance is the key yet she still is just as ignorant about it than when I first told her.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
they are weak

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
i heard a clown tell his training partner a few weeks ago that the 60 pound db presses he was doing on the Swiss ball were more "advanced" than the dude flat benching 405 for 5 good reps, the kid was like 168 pounds soaking wet and the bencher is easily the strongest presser in our gym and 250 pounds.

Army of One

• Getbig V
i heard a clown tell his training partner a few weeks ago that the 60 pound db presses he was doing on the Swiss ball were more "advanced" than the dude flat benching 405 for 5 good reps, the kid was like 168 pounds soaking wet and the bencher is easily the strongest presser in our gym and 250 pounds.

They were, he was DEVELOPING STABILITY ON HIS CORE TOO!!!!!!!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
They were, he was DEVELOPING STABILITY ON HIS CORE TOO!!!!!!!!!!
that's true, they will be able to turn doorknobs and carry groceries with greater efficency.

Army of One

• Getbig V
that's true, they will be able to turn doorknobs and carry groceries with greater efficency.

Yes forget the hulking muscle mass, who wants that anyway.

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV

Hahaha...

Return shopping carts and bag groceries for me with greater efficency.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
people at my gym must think that I am crazy! many times I will just start laughing out loud. Today I saw some guy with a 5lb ball twisting with it, basically he started with the ball around his ankles and twisted until his hands was over his head.

also one of the "trainer" had his client in some sort of "harness", he was pulling and the guy was on crawling away from him.
I nearly died laughing, I asked them when is the next cage fight but walked away before they attacked me  ::)
I

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Harden the Fuk up.