Author Topic: Rove to manage McCain campaign?  (Read 876 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rove to manage McCain campaign?
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:03:23 PM »
Olbermann/MSNBC tonight - discussed a McCain interviewer who was shown state-by-state plans of how to deal in each state with both obama and hilary...

The header at the top read "prepared by Karl Rove company" or something like that.  Supposedly, Rove is still denying he's
working for mccain (hence the Bush term 3 stigma). 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Rove to manage McCain campaign?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »
If McCain is using Rove, he'd better keep him locked away in a windowless room somewhere, far away from the public eye.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:07:48 PM »
If McCain is using Rove, he'd better keep him locked away in a windowless room somewhere, far away from the public eye.

it might be too late for that.  hardball mentioned it 2 weeks ago.  now his name is turning up on new materials for election resource planning.  Will his vanity in using his real name result in him being outed?  Who knows.  McCain will be HIGHLY regarded as Bush3 if he's got the smug karl rove standing by his side thru the campaign.  Rove knows one thing - divisie politics.  get your half to hate the other half and win with 50.1% of the vote.  He ushered in the "label anything you disagree with as a lib" mentality that has been embraced by Rush and ilk.

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:18:42 PM »
Olbermann/MSNBC tonight -

I stopped reading after "Olbermen/MSNBC discussed".......

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 10:17:22 PM »

The effort was too much for your peanut brain?  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:49:40 AM »

Is FOX news reporting the Rove/McCain connection yet?

If your contention is that Olbermann would "make up" facts, please back it up with some evidence.  You might not agree with his opinions on things, but you're not saying he makes up facts, are you?

I listen to Hannity on the radio a lot of days... he often "celebrates the demise of the Dem party" and other funny things like that, just as Olbermann celebrates the many Bush scandals.  But I wouldn't say either of them makes things up.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 07:06:44 AM »

Yup..Obermann is an asshat.
L

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 07:15:08 AM »
Yup..Obermann is an asshat.

LOL

Yep. He makes the short list of people I'd like to stomp like a narc at a biker rally.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 07:30:16 AM »
He is very emotional when reporting... but in 03/04 he was a big Bush cheerleader like everyone else.  He's become the only voice in mainstream media to actually call out the White House for - drum roll please - using fear tactics on Americans.

Everytime there's a terror warning, Olbermann points out that 1-2 days earlier, the white house was hit with a scandal.  It's called the "nexus of terror and politics".  youtube it.  Something like 20 instances - every terror alert we've had, is coincidentally very politically beneficial for the white house.  Can't get a bill passed - terror alert - you get your bill.  Big story making AG look bad - boom - another alert to take the headlines.

Olbermann might be a whiner, he might be overly emotional, but he does call out the use of fear to get their way. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 07:33:30 AM »
  Rove knows one thing - divisie politics.  get your half to hate the other half and win with 50.1% of the vote.  He ushered in the "label anything you disagree with as a lib" mentality that has been embraced by Rush and ilk.

That strategy doesn't work for a candidate like McCain, especially post-Bush.  He has to play to the middle.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 07:48:10 AM »
That strategy doesn't work for a candidate like McCain, especially post-Bush.  He has to play to the middle.

I think Rove will use it no matter what.  If McCain is playing the middle against Obama, he can be out-middled by a guy with similar positions and 30 years younger.  I bet Mccain plays the "My candidate is a POS lib" to fire up his base.  Rove has bragged about using divisiveness to win.  He'll have the base hating an ultra-lib like Kerry.  I just don't see how McCain wins playing the moderate.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
Rove's strategy is simply to hammer away at your opponent where he is the strongest.
Weaknesses are self evident, but by destroying a candidates strengths they don't stand a chance.
w

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 09:00:21 PM »
Rove is a troll.   God bless Olberman for endurance beyond what is normal.