Author Topic: The real deal on the world of bodybuilding and going pro  (Read 7077 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
The real deal on the world of bodybuilding and going pro
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:52:27 PM »
I never was or will be an IFBB pro, but I have been a judge fan, competitor and serious bodybuilding enthusiast for over 30 yrs.
If you are serious about wanting to turn pro, here is my 2 cents:
1. After 2-3 years of sewrious training and minimal to no drugs compete in the novice class of an aerea NPC show. If you do well there and come in hard , move up to the open in a qualifier. If you win there get some feedback from the judges and plan to do a Jr National show. At this point you might consider doing some serious drug cycles.Chart out a year or more long rpogram to hit a pro qualifier like the USA or Nationals. If you can't even place in a Mr Podunk novice without much juice however, pack it in.

2. *Learn about DIET diet and more diet. As you advance this will be the key to getting ripped.
Max out on LEGAL supplements BEFORE you do the vitamin S .

3. Learn your body and start to stick with exercises and body part routines that work for you.
More than 90% of guys with a few years of serious traing would do a lot better if they did exercises suited to THEIR needs and didn't flat BB bench , barbell  reg squat or deadlift off the floor.
Bob Chic is 100% right on this. Once you have a good basic foundation of size and strength , drop the basic power stuff as your main deal.

4. * A little goes a long way- Learn how the drugs work with YOUR body as you grow and do them one at a time BEFORE you cycle different ones at the same time.

5. Learn what cardio works for you and be consistant but not crazy doing it.

6. Work your weak points and be honest about what they are to yourself.

7. COMPETE! When you feel ready, sign up for a show and compete . You have no idea what you REALLY can do unless you get up on the stage against other guys/girls.

8. Don't quit early on. Guys like Phil Heath are rare , really rare in bodybuilding and that is why they call him "the gift". Bob Chic competed for 13 yrs on the national level before he got his pro card.

9. Bodybuilding takes $$ and without a steady income you will be a bum and end up doing , well I think we know  :P  Seriously, get an actual education and career outside of bodybuilding going while you trying to climb up the NPC ranks . This is VERY important in the long run, trust me.

10. Be consistant- You are in this for a marathon not a fast but over quickly sprint. Take it one work out and one show at a time.

11. Be visible, friendly  and present a good image when at shows and bodybuilding related stuff.
Remember it is in the end a judged sport. Don't let being an assclown ruin your shot.
Porject confidance on stage and don't do crazy distorted angle twisting poses .

12* be like guys who accepted real hardcore bodybuilding for what it is ( like Chic, Jay , etc)
Don't get my kind of attitude or you won't be able to handle all the crazy crap in bodybuilding and end up being an an old fart wannabe (like me hehe) posting some tired old advice on getbig.com in 20 yrs.

Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: The real deal on the world of bodybuilding and going pro
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 02:57:02 PM »
I never was or will be an IFBB pro, but I have been a judge fan, competitor and serious bodybuilding enthusiast for over 30 yrs.
1. After 2-3 years of sewrious training and minimal to no drugs compete in the novice class of an aerea NPC show. If you do well there and come in hard , move up to the open in a qualifier. If you win there get some feedback from the judges and plan to do a Jr National show. At this point you might consider doing some serious drug cycles.Chart out a year or more long rpogram to hit a pro qualifier like the USA or Nationals. If you can't even place in a Mr Podunk novice without much juice however, pack it in.

2. *Learn about DIET diet and more diet. As you advance this will be the key to getting ripped.

3. Learn your body and start to stick with exercises and body part routines that work for you.
More than 90% of guys with a few years of serious traing would do a lot better if they did exercises suited to THEIR needs and didn't flat BB bench , barbell  reg squat or deadlift off the floor.
Bob Chic is 100% right on this. Once you have a good basic foundation of size and strength , drop the basic power stuff as your main deal.

4. * A little goes a long way- Learn how the drugs work with YOUR body as you grow and do them one at a time BEFORE you cycle different ones at the same time.

7. COMPETE! When you feel ready, sign up for a show and compete . You have no idea what you REALLY can do unless you get up on the stage against other guys/girls.

8. Don't quit early on. Guys like Phil Heath are rare , really rare in bodybuilding and that is why they call him "the gift". Bob Chic competed for 13 yrs on the national level before he got his pro card.

9. Bodybuilding takes $$ and without a steady income you will be a bum and end up doing , well I think we know  :P  Seriously, get an actual education and career outside of bodybuilding going while you trying to climb up the NPC ranks . This is VERY important in the long run, trust me.

10. Be consistant- You are in this for a marathon not a fast but over quickly sprint. Take it one work out and one show at a time.

11. Be visible, friendly  and present a good image when at shows and bodybuilding related stuff.
Remember it is in the end a judged sport. Don't let being an assclown ruin your shot.

12* be like guys who accepted real hardcore bodybuilding for what it is ( like Chic, Jay , etc)
Don't get my kind of attitude or you won't be able to handle all the crazy crap in bodybuilding and end up being an an old fart wannabe (like me hehe) posting some tired old advice on getbig.com in 20 yrs.

Howard

Great advice there.

But i would prefer a more "gh15" style. ;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:57:30 PM »
thanks for pointing out the obvious, what would we do without you? :D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 02:58:56 PM »
thanks for pointing out the obvious, what would we do without you? :D

Hmmm, I guess have one less loser to badmouth here on getbig  ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »
Hmmm, I guess have one less loser to badmouth here on getbig  ;D
don't you have a cruise to go on or average looking 47 year old woman to take pictures of and post, Mr. 48 Grand a year middle school Physics teacher? :D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 03:05:33 PM »

Howard

Howie that's the best post you ever made.  Thanks, there's some very good stuff in there. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
sounds like he described you to a T Jeff, you know the part about not having the genetics to win a Mr. Podunk show and all.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »
zzZZzz

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
don't you have a cruise to go on or average looking 47 year old woman to take pictures of and post, Mr. 48 Grand a year middle school Physics teacher? :D
I may not be too "grand" teacher but I make about 20 k more than that,(teach HS and adjunct prof at a local college) after all these yrs, the yrs add up on the experience scale plus I have few graduate degrees in basket weaving to help increase my $.
My ex wife/current gf is LOT younger than 47 or maybe you refer to BETH?
I will be going on all gaye nude cruise with several of the get big members and be in the all nude SS dingbat bodybuilding meet onboard ship.
I may be a delusional loser, but I do own 2 great dogs, a woman who will have sex without me paying here  and saved a much of money recently on my car ins.
Life is good and have not had any bowel problems in many years? how about yourself?

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 03:11:29 PM »

Howard

Your post screams, "I'm here to help so PM me all your questions but remember to attach several pics of yourself in International Male thongs."

suck off - pewter

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 03:12:15 PM »
zzZZzz
I will wake you up when this thread is put out of its' misery, until then take a warm glass of milk and go back to bed.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 03:14:17 PM »
Your post screams, "I'm here to help so PM me all your questions but remember to attach several pics of yourself in International Male thongs."

suck off - pewter
No thanks, I already got blown. You will have to suck some other middle aged old fart.
I am busy right now.
By the way, PM if you have pic in your thong, I prefer a shaved ass and no hair on the cheeks :-*

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »
I may not be too "grand" teacher but I make about 20 k more than that,(teach HS and adjunct prof at a local college) after all these yrs, the yrs add up on the experience scale plus I have few graduate degrees in basket weaving to help increase my $.
My ex wife/current gf is LOT younger than 47 or maybe you refer to BETH?
I will be going on all gaye nude cruise with several of the get big members and be in the all nude SS dingbat bodybuilding meet onboard ship.
I may be a delusional loser, but I do own 2 great dogs, a woman who will have sex without me paying here  and saved a much of money recently on my car ins.
Life is good and have not had any bowel problems in many years? how about yourself?
65K a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Lord!!!!!!!!!!!! that's absolutely incredible, if you're as happy as you claim why do all of your posts make it sound as if you're getting ready to jump off a tall building?

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 03:15:53 PM »
Howie that's the best post you ever made.  Thanks, there's some very good stuff in there. 
Thanks to you and the other guy that said something positive.
Of course it is far better to post a U tube link about fighting midgets as that has a LOT more to do with bodybuilding than my posts/threads ::)

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
65K a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my Lord!!!!!!!!!!!! that's absolutely incredible, if you're as happy as you claim why do all of your posts make it sound as if you're getting ready to jump off a tall building?

You know he's looking forward to his stimulus plan check from the Fed.  I bet he's also planned to salt away $50 towards his pension, hahaha.

helicopter - analingus

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 03:17:41 PM »
LOL, I really am a happy guy and you should never take me too serious on this board.
Yeah I make nearly 70 k a year, just call me Howie Trump  ;D
This is how I am most of the time

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
You know he's looking forward to his stimulus plan check from the Fed.  I bet he's also planned to salt away $50 towards his pension, hahaha.

helicopter - analingus
Well let's not get crazy, I mean a full 50 bucks woah!
I am going to go wipe my dogs ass now as it will be more fun than this site right now, see ya  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 03:20:44 PM »
I am going to go wipe my dogs ass now as it will be more fun than this site right now, see ya  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
translation=your attention seeking thread backfired on you and now you're going to go open a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon while watching 1980's Olympia videos to feel closer in size to the "pros".

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »
translation=your attention seeking thread backfired on you and now you're going to go open a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon while watching 1980's Olympia videos to feel closer in size to the "pros".
No I am going to go masturbate over any old thread pics where your pic is posted.
See ya.
belive it or not I figured it was an ok gen post somebody might enjoy reading...maybe not.
If I want attention I can hang a pork cop around my neck and get my dogs to play with me .

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 03:24:33 PM »
I am going to wipe my dogs ass now as it will be more fun than this site right now, see ya  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your massive convex chin is a testicle springboard for teabagging.

inverted - drop

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 03:24:53 PM »
No I am going to go masturbate over any old thread pics where your pic is posted.
See ya.
belive it or not I figured it was an ok gen post somebody might enjoy reading...maybe not.
If I want attention I can hang a pork cop around my neck and get my dogs to play with me .
you've got great taste in your jerking material. ;D

NJ_Slinky

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 03:26:56 PM »
you've got great taste in your jerking material. ;D

Are you suggesting Howie should really photograph his version of a Pirrelli calendar titled "Men with Spare Tires".

hahahaha ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »
Are you suggesting Howie should really photograph his version of a Pirrelli calendar titled "Men with Spare Tires".

hahahaha ;D
;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
Thanks to you and the other guy that said something positive.
Of course it is far better to post a U tube link about fighting midgets as that has a LOT more to do with bodybuilding than my posts/threads ::)

I'm not sure everything you're saying here but you're welcome.  

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »
sounds like he described you to a T Jeff, you know the part about not having the genetics to win a Mr. Podunk show and all.

Maybe one day though Squad.