Author Topic: Vince Basile and Howie w Why don't you guys  (Read 1247 times)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Vince Basile and Howie w Why don't you guys
« on: March 30, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »
Contact media and give them the heads up with the laughable IFBB Drug Rule enforcement and the words of their rep "They don't test so why have the rule deleted" you guys seem to be on a mission start the fire and see how big it gets. ;D

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Vince Basile and Howie w Why don't you guys
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 07:15:46 PM »
Make a change for the better you guys have nothing to lose as you don't compete.Do it for your sport and your fellow Iron Brothers. ;DYou won't get the Pro Rep job but there is no pay for that job anyway.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »
Contact media and give them the heads up with the laughable IFBB Drug Rule enforcement and the words of their rep "They don't test so why have the rule deleted" you guys seem to be on a mission start the fire and see how big it gets. ;D
Back in the early 90's I contacted my state sen in La, to look into illegal drug use in my sport of bodybuilding.
This was after my vote to drug test the winners of the NPC state meet in Louisina was shot down aporx 120- 2 .
My training partner and I were the only ones in the state NPC meeting in Baton Rouge that voted for drug testing.
In 1992, the Olympic Track and Field Trials were in New Orelans and some sports media talk about steroids in Olympic track had come about due to 400 m sprinter Butch Reynolds.
I got some reply back from his office and even a referrel from then Congressman Billy Tauzin (sp?) as well.
In brief, the roid scandel never got much Olympic Trials attention and died when Reynolds got 5th in the 400 final ( so he didn't make the team anyway).

I was a member of the AAU Mr/Ms America Comm. ( rep from La) and national AAU judge at that time and we had already voted to drug test the AAU Mr USA , which we did. We then had a meeting in Lousiville, Ky and voted to drug test the Mr America, which we did. In 94, the winner Terry Harriston (sp) tested positive and made some deal with the AAU comm. so both sides would avoid legal hassles and court costs.
In 1995 , Charles Durr won and was dq'd along with the Lt Hvy winner Jamie Rodriquez.Big feature article on this in then "naural MD mag" .The drug testing was a debacle by  charimen Ted Karnezsis and a loop hole was found by the 2 positive testers. Both sued and won a judgement against the AAU , for some decent $$. AAU sports was underwritten by Disney and had a huge youth center for Olympic sports in Orlando ( yup THE Disney , the ones with Mickey Mouse hehe).
They dropped bodybuilding or "physique" as it was known from their AAU slate of covered events.
After a couple more years of lackluster events, the AAU Mr America, the oldest organized bodybuilding contest was ended. All over some drug testing misphaps and the law suit that resulted.

I have considered getting in touch with my congressman who is an MD and kids went to the HS I teach at.
The nationals will be in ATL this yr again.
But, after seeing the media circus with the BALCO and baseball hearings, I think a lot more bad would come from more hearings with politicians.I actually got a few emails back from a Mr Toney from Fox Sports News and it faded for some reason. I guess bodybuilding lacks media interest. LOL
I do think , that if anything cleans up the drug issue it will be ARNOLD himself due to the political press the media give roids now and a major pro event bears HIS name.

This is but two of the times I have attempted to deal with steroids in my sport . The hardcore roid types are still pretty clueless as to what kind of actions have been put into gear over the years.In 1990 then Pres George HW Bush I law that made steroids a felony . The Olympia was really drug tested that yr  and so was the Arnold in the spring of 1991 ( Shawn Ray dq'd remember)  There have been some actual moves in getting roids out. The loss of TV coverage actually made sure bodybuilding could fly under the drug radar, kinda ironic , how lack of coverage saved the current sport hehehe
I have done a LOT more than talk about this stuff on BB forums, trust me  ;)
I am Joe Blow Nobody, but a rather pesistant Joe Blow if nothing else and I write to people who "might" get something done . I want the best for bodybuilding, I don't want some NON bodybuilding GOV guy to ruin it however.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
Howie, if you can help get drug use out of professional bodybuilding (or at least significantly reduced) then you will be a serious candidate for TIME magazine's man of the year.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
Howie, if you can help get drug use out of professional bodybuilding (or at least significantly reduced) then you will be a serious candidate for TIME magazine's man of the year.
:P :P :P :P
If i am any good as a human , it is what mundane but sometimes good stuff I do teaching teens science.
How you treat others is your real value as a man.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
Make a change for the better you guys have nothing to lose as you don't compete.Do it for your sport and your fellow Iron Brothers. ;DYou won't get the Pro Rep job but there is no pay for that job anyway.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Read my detailed reply above

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 08:11:47 PM »
Howie you seem to be a stand up type of guy and you have tried many times to bring the Drug Rules to attention.If you really want to make a difference contact media about Arnold Classic and how the Drug use and abuse goes unpunished.It is actually awarded with a WIN and all that comes with it.Howie it only takes one man to change HISTORY. ;D

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 08:17:06 PM »
Howie you seem to be a stand up type of guy and you have tried many times to bring the Drug Rules to attention.If you really want to make a difference contact media about Arnold Classic and how the Drug use and abuse goes unpunished.It is actually awarded with a WIN and all that comes with it.Howie it only takes one man to change HISTORY. ;D
This will change nothing.  The media doesnt care enough about BB as a sport to get involved

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 08:22:49 PM »
No they don't but you can bet your arse they care about WTF Arnold is doing.Drug use is Perfect in BB as we the IFBB don't test Pros. ;D

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
Howie you can make a change for the better.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »
No they don't but you can bet your arse they care about WTF Arnold is doing.Drug use is Perfect in BB as we the IFBB don't test Pros. ;D

They only care what Arnold is doing if it sells newspapers and as the general public are bored with hearing about steroids don't expect to see anything in the LA Times in the near future.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 12:46:19 AM »
Yes, drugs in sport are both a sporting problem and a political issue. When steroids were made illegal the government became involved. It really is a mystery how Arnold can be associated with a bodybuilding contest and other events that don't do drug testing. What the heck is that? Total hypocrisy.

Guys like Bob Chick are part of the problem because he participated using drugs, etc., so can't be against them. Arnold used drugs, too, but 'just before contests and not as much as the guys today'.

Just how someone goes about changing the sport is a good question. I suppose there could be repercussions to anyone who got really dedicated to cleaning up the sport.

I must say that even young kids know the bodybuilders are on the juice. Those drugs invalidate the sport because everyone can claim that the drugs are what made the champs huge. Pretty hard to argue against that logic. I doubt many parents would approve of their children taking up bodybuilding with a view to being a professional one day. Can anyone imagine what the Olympics would be like if no testing occurred? Sure there are cheaters but something must be done to counter it to make things as close to being a level playing field as possible.

People here know that my opinion of professionals taking heaps of drugs and injecting goodness knows what is lunacy. I have always defended bodybuilding but today it is a lost cause. Sure, there are some naturals but the huge pros taint it for everyone else.

I live in Australia. I am not sure what I could do here to affect any changes. Meltdown is right that someone has to do something to make changes.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 01:16:55 AM »
Basile is too busy chasing fat chicks to be bothered with steroids.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 04:03:57 PM »
Vince you say you don't think you can do anything in Australia.I am sure the media there know who Arnold is and he promotes a Pro show without any Drug testing and IFBB have a benign Drug Rule as stated by the Pro Rep.Howie seems to be on the game here is America Media alert coming.IFBB Drug Rule = No Drug testing. ::)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »
Vince you say you don't think you can do anything in Australia.I am sure the media there know who Arnold is and he promotes a Pro show without any Drug testing and IFBB have a benign Drug Rule as stated by the Pro Rep.Howie seems to be on the game here is America Media alert coming.IFBB Drug Rule = No Drug testing. ::)

I imagine "steroids" aren't that big of an issue in Australia, since unlike America their politics aren't dominated by brainless soccer-moms and their gonad-impared husbands.
Ron: "I am lazy."