Author Topic: Yamma Pit Fighting  (Read 920 times)

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Yamma Pit Fighting
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
A new organization started by UFC founder Bob Meyrowitz.  Never heard of it until today.  They have a PPV card scheduled for April 11.  8 man HW tournament, with a few other fights.  Meyrowitz likes the tournament style, obviously.  Interesting to see how it unfolds.  I like the tournament style cards.  Separates the men from the boys, for sure.  The card has a few familiar names to those who have followed MMA for a while.  Pat Smith is takin' on Oleg Taktarov in a non-tournament bout.  Smith is replacing an injured Don Frye.  Gary Goodridge is fighting Butterbean.  I'll give it a watch.  Can't see too many people forkin' over 40 bones though.

Can't wait to see Smith, actually.  He's won 5 of last 6.

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Yamma Pit Fighting
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:09 PM »
seems to me like the MMA market is getting flooded and the only drawback to that is there's only so much talent to go around......

gary goodrich v butterbean ?

say it ain't so !

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Yamma Pit Fighting
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »
A new organization started by UFC founder Bob Meyrowitz.  Never heard of it until today.  They have a PPV card scheduled for April 11.  8 man HW tournament, with a few other fights.  Meyrowitz likes the tournament style, obviously.  Interesting to see how it unfolds.  I like the tournament style cards.  Separates the men from the boys, for sure.  The card has a few familiar names to those who have followed MMA for a while.  Pat Smith is takin' on Oleg Taktarov in a non-tournament bout.  Smith is replacing an injured Don Frye.  Gary Goodridge is fighting Butterbean.  I'll give it a watch.  Can't see too many people forkin' over 40 bones though.

Can't wait to see Smith, actually.  He's won 5 of last 6.

Rorian founded the UFC