Author Topic: Should I continue being a ticket buying fan of the IFBB pros?  (Read 2133 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I love bodybuilding and even have fun sometimes here at GET BIG.
I am considering NOT going to too many IFBB pro shows. Why?
The extreme juiced up / freaky pro is NOT what I think bodybuilding and physique contests should be about.Overall, I am lot happeier when I keep that side of bodybuilding out of my own personal bodybuilding space. To be honest, I am LOT more happy with bodybuilding when I focus on my training and stick with NPC shows. I prefer wt classes to one big class and like seeing the various body wt divisions compare against eachother. I know the NPC is hardly drug free, but, the drug use seems a bit more  "sane" overall.
The ironic thing is, when I actually competed , I hardly ever went to pro events. Sure, I read the mags and looked at the pics of the pros, but didn't go to shows. I never have gone to an Olympia either.
This yr, if my diet keeps going well, I plan to compete in a couple NPC regional shows this fall.
I will be attedning the NPC Jr USA's this May ( already have my ticket ) and the NPC Nationals this fall , here in ATL.
I do admire Ed and his wife IFBB pro Betty Pariso who put on a great event in Dallas each yr.
I would consider THAT event due to the fact it has an NPC show with the pros and is run by the Pariso's whom I respect and want to support.
I have no desire to spend the money for an Olympia ticket however or pro shows like that.
Any of you feel like this?
Howard

Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Should I continue being a ticket buying fan of the IFBB pros?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:51:25 AM »
The extreme juiced up / freaky pro is NOT what I think bodybuilding and physique contests should be about.Overall, I am lot happeier when I keep that side of bodybuilding out of my own personal bodybuilding space. To be honest, I am LOT more happy with bodybuilding when I focus on my training and stick with NPC shows. I prefer wt classes to one big class and like seeing the various body wt divisions compare against eachother. I know the NPC is hardly drug free, but, the drug use seems a bit more  "sane" overall.
The ironic thing is, when I actually competed , I hardly ever went to pro events. Sure, I read the mags and looked at the pics of the pros, but didn't go to shows. I never have gone to an Olympia either.
This yr, if my diet keeps going well, I plan to compete in a couple NPC regional shows this fall.
I will be attedning the NPC Jr USA's this May ( already have my ticket ) and the NPC Nationals this fall , here in ATL.
I do admire Ed and his wife IFBB pro Betty Pariso who put on a great event in Dallas each yr.
I would consider THAT event bue to the fact it has an NPC show with the pros and is run by the Pariso's whom I respect and want to support.
I have no desire to spend the money for an Olympia ticket however or pro shows like that.
Howard

Howie, sounds like you are having an internal struggle. Seems like you have homosexual tendencies and don't know whether to look at men in thongs or walk away. This is a more serious issue than you're aware of. One word, psychotherapy!

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:54:10 AM »
you should continue to buy tickets Howard, Troy Alves has a familly to feed

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:12:30 AM »
how will bodybuilding survive without Howie's 25 bucks? ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:14:34 AM »
Don't worry, for every muscle worshipping schmoe that leaves, there are twenty waiting to take their place.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:15:12 AM »

Are you saying bodybuilding needs Howie as much as the G&O needs another one of his 18,000-word post meltdowns? ;D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:18:29 AM »
Howie just chill out/read a few threads................. .........

no need to post new threads all the time ....right bro?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 08:22:08 AM »

impossible, he craves the attention like a drug.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:26:19 AM »
hey, every dollar counts.  25 bucks can buy 2 or 3 trophies for the winners of contests.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:34:58 AM »
I would consider THAT event bue to the fact it has an NPC show with the pros and is run by the Pariso's whom I respect and want to support.
Howard

Didn't you just answer your own question?  ???

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
hey, every dollar counts.  25 bucks can buy 2 or 3 trophies for the winners of contests.
shit, more like 25-26 trophies. :D

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »

;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 08:39:50 AM »
We need a hunk from north of the border to save bb. Maybe Stavios?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 08:40:07 AM »
;D

Trying to be nice..................ma ybe Howie could vacation or something on School breaks?
(ps: with no computer access!)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:42:30 AM »
We need a hunk from north of the border to save bb. Maybe Stavios?
Stavious slays more high quality vagina than Chlyamidia.

Stavios

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 08:44:56 AM »
LMAO !  ;D

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:59 AM »

I think the real issue is simply the nature of the posts on this and similar boards. Most are funny, silly and lack much thought or serious dialogue.
I am NOT trying to get attention for myself , but on various ideas and policy positions within bodybuilding.
The reality is, that serious, issue based threads are NOT what this board( and other similar BB forums) is about.
I agree, it is of little interest to most the post/read here. It is a waste of my time as well.
Most of the replys that I get are pretty silly and just jokes,etc. That is not much of an  interest to me.
Serious, thoughtful dialogue is of little interest to most here as well.
In the end, I am banging my  head against the proverbial wall . Time to cry; " UNCLE" and accept it, move on, etc.
Thanks, Howard

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 08:49:35 AM »
I think the real issue is simply the nature of the posts on this and similar boards. Most are funny, silly and lack much thought or serious dialogue.
I am NOT trying to get attention for myself , but on various ideas and policy positions within bodybuilding.
The reality is, that serious, issue based threads are NOT what this board( and other similar BB forums) is about.
I agree, it is of little interest to most the post/read here. It is a waste of my time as well.
Most of the replys that I get are pretty silly and just jokes,etc. That is not much of an  interest to me.
Serious, thoughtful dialogue is of little interest to most here as well.
In the end, I am banging my  head against the proverbial wall . Time to cry; " UNCLE" and accept it, move on, etc.
Thanks, Howard
THIS is the future of the sport Howard!..................

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 08:49:48 AM »
Trying to be nice..................ma ybe Howie could vacation or something on School breaks?
(ps: with no computer access!)

I agree Mike, good pt. I need my cpu access but don't require get big access, you are 100% correct and I am going to take a break from this and other BB boards for a bit.I am not the least bit mad or upset, just shaking my head at the nature of this get big forum, no more , no less. Maybe I should focus on an actual DIET instead.
See ya, Howard

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »
THIS is the future of the sport Howard!..................
Now THAT was damn funny big Mike.
I will take my get big vacation on that funny , silly upbeat note with a smile, chuckle and laugh.
See ya whenever....

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 08:58:42 AM »
I will take my get big vacation on that funny , silly upbeat note with a smile, chuckle and laugh.
See ya whenever....

seriously............... have fun! (it's spring break here in Fl you could vacation here)
meet lot's of females (ur not married!)
'
drink,eat and be merry!

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »
See ya whenever....
Comeback sometime in 2020. If you are looking for intellectual dialogue go to www.geeksnamedhowie.com

io856

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2008, 12:18:40 AM »
drugs are bad mmmmkay

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »
lets see, oh yess.. lumburg fucked her.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2008, 01:28:02 AM »
Howie why don't you just slap your ex wife in the tits with your hog and get this "turmoil" out of your system.