Author Topic: Serge: "Coleman, Cutler...they are fwreaks."  (Read 1789 times)

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
Serge: "Coleman, Cutler...they are fwreaks."
« on: April 01, 2008, 02:11:18 PM »
Did anyone catch Serge's take on the state of bodybuilding today from the PBW show?  About time that someone with some bodybuilding fame said something.  Bodybuilding is going to continue to wither and will lose all the momentum that Arnold created in the 70s and 80s through Pumping Iron and his movies.

Serge also makes a great point that there are no bodybuilders in the movie today as there were from the 50s through the 90s.  Who'd go and see a movie with a bodybuilder as huge as Coleman or Cutler?  No one would ever believe that that they could do the type of stunts that are commonplace in action movies.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Serge: "Coleman, Cutler...they are fwreaks."
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:22 PM »
Serge is just bitter because of stuff like this: ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 02:22:33 PM »

Natural vs Juiced

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 02:23:15 PM »
LOL!
Flower Boy Ran Away

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »
Bodybuilding was so pure and good in the olden days.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »
Natural vs Juiced

yeah right...he was NOT natural
irongearco.com

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »
LOL!

Yeah I know, Serge could move around, jog without losing his breath. Coleman on the other sweats profusely and has trouble running. 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
Serge is a bitter old man

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »
Game, Set, Match.

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:50:35 PM »
Serge is a bitter old man

I doubt that.  After making 25 films and winning several bodybuilding competitions, I am sure that Nubret has nothing to prove by pointing out the crappy bodies in Pro Bodybuilding today.  He is telling it as he (and many others) see it.

Even though many at Getbig feel that Ronnie is one of the best bodybuilders of his era, I doubt that a majority of Getbiggers would ever want to look like Ronnie.  If you do a poll, I bet most would rather have the body of Serge Nubret or Arnold or Sergio or Padilla or Paris or Reeves or Draper or Park or most of the bodybuilders from Lee Haney back than to look like Ronnie or Cutler and the guys in the game today.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 04:20:14 PM »
yeah,
i'm sure serge wishes he had a 40" gut, with oil filled calves.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »
LOL oil filled calves my ass. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »
Met Serge in the late seventies when he came to Toronto to train courtesy of Ken Wheeler ( Makkawys manager).....Old Bruce Page from the original "Ironman" magazine measured his arm right in front of me pumped at 21 1/4".  This with a waist that when he put his lifting belt on he looked like a wasp...... his abs were so deep they moved when he breathed like bricks....Comparing him with a pic of Coleman shows peoples true lack of knowledge, history, and appreciation for bodybuilding. For a bodybuilding forum, its amazing how many non-fans of the sport we have. Angry little boys.....for what its worth

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
Met Serge in the late seventies when he came to Toronto to train courtesy of Ken Wheeler ( Makkawys manager).....Old Bruce Page from the original "Ironman" magazine measured his arm right in front of me pumped at 21 1/4".  This with a waist that when he put his lifting belt on he looked like a wasp...... his abs were so deep they moved when he breathed like bricks....Comparing him with a pic of Coleman shows peoples true lack of knowledge, history, and appreciation for bodybuilding. For a bodybuilding forum, its amazing how many non-fans of the sport we have. Angry little boys.....for what its worth

Quoted for truth.

Serge had an amazing physique. Like GH15 says anybody with decent genetics can blow themselves up to ridiculous proportions with today's drugs. The BBer's back in the day were guys with great genetics that busted their fucking ass in the gym. Yeah they took drugs too but they didn't absolutely RELY on them like today's pros. The size envelope has been pushed to the point that genetics are an afterthought, the massive amounts of drugs are doing all the heavy lifting (pun intended).

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 04:48:14 PM »
Quoted for truth.

Serge had an amazing physique. Like GH15 says anybody with decent genetics can blow themselves up to ridiculous proportions with today's drugs. The BBer's back in the day were guys with great genetics that busted their fucking ass in the gym. Yeah they took drugs too but they didn't absolutely RELY on them like today's pros. The size envelope has been pushed to the point that genetics are an afterthought, the massive amounts of drugs are doing all the heavy lifting (pun intended).
I agree