Author Topic: An open letter to Bob Chic  (Read 14311 times)

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
An open letter to Bob Chic
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »
Dear Bob,
  I would hope you realize how much respect and admiration I have for you as an outstanding  spokesman for our sport of bodybuilding. I find you to be quite intelligent, charismatic , yet down to earth.
I sincerely hesitate to write this as it risks putting you on the spot. Having said that , this is an open forum and I doubt anyone will take some Joe Blow like me very serious anyway.
You have said, that a bodybuilder has a "choice" between doing what needs to be done to compete ( drug use) or to retire. Obviously, some amount of various drugs must be taken by elite level bodybuilders to compete on a level playing field. Since most of this drug use violates the federal drug laws, the bodybuilder is really making a choice to break the drug laws to compete or retire.
In is my strong belief that NO pro or top amatuer athlete should have to risk breaking the law just to compete fairly.

We have seen the media circus with the various steroid hearings in baseball and other sports.No resaonble person that loved bodybuilding would want to see our sport dragged into that nightmare.
Also consider that extreme , unrestricted drug use has hurt female bodybuilder greatly. The top female bodybuilders may train hard and deserve our respect as bodybuilders, but the androgenic look from absurd level of hormones has destroyed any mainstream appeal it once enjoyed.Plus, I believe , 3 years ago, the DEA served several supeonas at the Arnold classic. Many top pros were called in and questioned.
I think we can both agree that when a NON bodybuilding government agency steps in, NOTHING good for bodybuilding will come of it.

You Bob ,are a pro bodybuilder and pro athletes rep. You have a voice and platform that a simple fan like me does not, that is why I am writting this to you. I was  part of the AAU MR America Comm., when drug testing debacles and law suits that followed ended the Mr America for good, just a decade ago. I simply urge you Bob, to use your influence to try and bring some reason and sanity to this issue.
 I am not sure what the exact solution is. But as lifetime fan of bodybuilding, I would hope that "something" positve can be done now, rather than wait for worst.
Thanks for being a great spokesman for our sport and I apologize if this was out of line on my part.
Sincerely, Howard White, Ga

PS/ I like bodybuilding and get big.com. If ya want to flame me , fine, I am a big boy and can take the heat.
I have decided NOT to leave the kitchen fellas. ;)
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: An open letter to Bob Chic
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
Dear Bob,
  I would hope you realize how much respect and admiration I have for you as an outstanding  spokesman for our sport of bodybuilding. I find you to be quite intelligent, charismatic , yet down to earth.
I sincerely hesitate to write this as it risks putting you on the spot. Having said that , this is an open forum and I doubt anyone will take some Joe Blow like me very serious anyway.
You have said, that a bodybuilder has a "choice" between doing what needs to be done to compete ( drug use) or to retire. Obviously, some amount of various drugs must be taken by elite level bodybuilders to compete on a level playing field. Since most of this drug use violates the federal drug laws, the bodybuilder is really making a choice to break the drug laws to compete or retire.
In is my strong belief that NO pro or top amatuer athlete should have to risk breaking the law just to compete fairly.

We have seen the media circus with the various steroid hearings in baseball and other sports.No resaonble person that loved bodybuilding would want to see our sport dragged into that nightmare.
Also consider that extreme , unrestricted drug use has hurt female bodybuilder greatly. The top female bodybuilders may train hard and deserve our respect as bodybuilders, but the androgenic look from absurd level of hormones has destroyed any mainstream appeal it once enjoyed.Plus, I believe , 3 years ago, the DEA served several supeonas at the Arnold classic. Many top pros were called in and questioned.
I think we can both agree that when a NON bodybuilding government agency steps in, NOTHING good for bodybuilding will come of it.

You Bob ,are a pro bodybuilder and pro athletes rep. You have a voice and platform that a simple fan like me does not, that is why I am writting this to you. I was  part of the AAU MR America Comm., when drug testing debacles and law suits that followed ended the Mr America for good, just a decade ago. I simply urge you Bob, to use your influence to try and bring some reason and sanity to this issue.
 I am not sure what the exact solution is. But as lifetime fan of bodybuilding, I would hope that "something" positve can be done now, rather than wait for worst.
Thanks for being a great spokesman for our sport and I apologize if this was out of line on my part.

PS/ I like bodybuilding and get big.com. If ya want to flame me , fine, I am a big boy and can take the heat.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:37:06 PM »

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »
Dear Bob,

meltdown

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:39:51 PM »
We are going to hear about this guy in the news "Guy shoots up mall due to drug use in IFBB"

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »

This is an open forum. IF silly and insulting posts are ok and allowed ,so should polite and issue based threads.
If you don't like that, ignore me, otherwise too bad, it is my board too.Bash me all you want, I have decided to post what i feel needs to be said, and could care less how negative anyone is with me.
I notice you had to attack me and ignored the issue? hmmmmm, unable to argue? hehe
Thanks, Howard

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »
We are going to hear about this guy in the news "Guy shoots up mall due to drug use in IFBB"
Very funny.
I am a man of reason, no more , no less. You?

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »
This is an open forum. IF silly and insulting posts are ok and allowed ,so should polite and issue based threads.
If you don't like that, ignore me, otherwise too bad, it is my board too.Bash me all you want, I have decided to post what i feel needs to be said, and could care less how negative anyone is with me.
I notice you had to attack me and ignored the issue? hmmmmm, unable to argue? hehe
Thanks, Howard

meltdown #2

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 07:42:32 PM »
Thanks, Howard

I don't have any negative opinion towards you I just thought you were done with the drug talk.  :)

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
Very funny.
I am a man of reason, no more , no less. You?
NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR SHIT ANYMORE.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »
 once again.. take drugs out of bodybuilding and you no longer have it.. is that what you want howie?... you truly dont see how flawed your arguement is.. let it rest.. ::)  send bob a pm.. it is old in the forum..

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »

shit, that might actually work in getting the national spotlight on the issue.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »
meltdown #2
Why is a thoughtful reply with no threats or emotion considered a meltdown? hehehehe.
Look, if you don't agree with my topic argue the pt.
In all honesty you sound fairly dumb, juvinille and silly when you make ad naseum lame silly replys to me and posts like mine. You want GET BIg to be some wacky silly JR HS place and I don't fit in.
Well too bad, I am not going away, so deal with it chucko Hehe
I staked my get big calim long ago and you idiots are not driving me off it.
Ya gonna have to deal with me or ignore me.
Thanks for playing, Howard

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »
DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERY THREAD IN G/O IS YOU WHINING LIKE A BITCH ABOUT STEROIDS IN BODYBUILDING. NO ONE CARES AND ITS GETTING REALLY FUCKING BORING. FIND A NEW TOPIC

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 07:47:59 PM »
DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERY THREAD IN G/O IS YOU WHINING LIKE A BITCH ABOUT STEROIDS IN BODYBUILDING. NO ONE CARES AND ITS GETTING REALLY FUCKING BORING. FIND A NEW TOPIC

Best meltdown I've seen so far!

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
I don't have any negative opinion towards you I just thought you were done with the drug talk.  :)
I was but I read Bobs response that drug use was a pros choice or he could retire. I felt that required a response.

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 07:48:37 PM »
Why is a thoughtful reply with no threats or emotion considered a meltdown? hehehehe.
Look, if you don't agree with my topic argue the pt.
In all honesty you sound fairly dumb, juvinille and silly when you make ad naseum lame silly replys to me and posts like mine. You want GET BIg to be some wacky silly JR HS place and I don't fit in.
Well too bad, I am not going away, so deal with it chucko Hehe
I staked my get big calim long ago and you idiots are not driving me off it.
Ya gonna have to deal with me or ignore me.
Thanks for playing, Howard

If we ignored you, you would have 0 replies.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
AMEN.. or a new hobby.. ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
Howie has a point, however, fans want to see freaks...the IFBB knows this.  The only ones to take a stand are the competitors.  They of course won't because they're too dumb too.  They'll risk serious health problems later in life, why, simple lack of options.  It's not as if it was, become a doctor or be a bodybuilder..hahah  Most of these guys are idiots, so you'll never see a change in the sport.  Personally, I find it amusing to watch people inject all types of shit into themselves, just for a little cash and "love for the sport".  Translation: Most drugged up bodybuilders have yes, a drug problem...phrase it how you will, but it's a drug addiction all the same.
I could careless if every pro today dropped dead of a heart attack, due to their stupidity...I'd probably laugh. ;D  Who decided one day...yeah, I'm going to take insulin, gh, steroid and be jacked?  It's idiotic.  95% of the country would agree there. Yes, it's doing what you "love", but the same could be said for a heroin junkie..."he's just livin the dream, doing what he loves to do"...hahah
Typical of most on this board to throw in a "meltdown" or STFU, type comment.  To form some kind of real discussion with less than intelligent people, can be a stretch.
Meltdown.
Nobody cares.
etc, etc.
haha, Oh man.
N

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 07:50:13 PM »
beener meltdown induced by HowieW meltdown induced by drugs in bodybuilding
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
Dear Bob,

I appreciate your letter, Howie...no need for apologies for having beliefs that others may or may not share. You're a true fan of the sport in every sense of the word.

I don't believe BB will ever have to go through the witchhunting thats going on in pro Baseball due to the simple fact that we aren't even on the radar screen when it comes to money and interest...

It wasn't drug testing, etc that ended the AAU, it was the NPC that ended them....case and point: the NPC has not only endured, but grown in every aspect over the years having more shows and members than at any point in it's history.

Your own statement kind of answers itself:

"In is my strong belief that NO pro or top amatuer athlete should have to risk breaking the law just to compete fairly. "

No pro or top amateur HAS to risk breaking the law, nor do thay HAVE to compete unfairly. They can choose to compete in the drug tested shows, natural organizations...ensuring they are on equal par with others that share the same mindset.

At the end of the day, it the fans that dictate what level of competition they want to support....and they have spoken loudly....not just in BB, but every sport...they want bigger, stronger, faster, and freakier...thats why there were 10,000 people at the Olympia, and 10 people at the last natural show.

It's not like the athletes that compete are exactly chomping at the bit rallying for drug testing, either....it is what it is.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 07:51:41 PM »
once again.. take drugs out of bodybuilding and you no longer have it.. is that what you want howie?... you truly dont see how flawed your arguement is.. let it rest.. ::)  send bob a pm.. it is old in the forum..
Ok, so threads on the WWE bout  or thugs attacking some kids is more relevent in bdoybuilding? wtf?
Granted , drugs to make a more impressive physique, but mush of it is presently against the US drug laws.
Driving 100 mph might be cool as well, but you can't use that as defense when the cop stops you.
Your flaw is in trying to defend an illegal practice that is even against the rules of the sport,based on that the pros look better drugged. How one looks does NOT change the law or make a credible defense.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 07:52:22 PM »
beener meltdown induced by HowieW meltdown induced by drugs in bodybuilding

Yarrr

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »
this thread would be complete if joeloco come and have a meltdown too

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
Howie, your efforts are laudable. Unfortunately, you are asking the wrong person to do something about the drugs in bodybuilding. Consider that Bob was appointed to his position. The professional athletes have no elected representative. His position is a sham and just about every intelligent person on Getbig knows it. That is why he is openly called the IFBB stooge and rightly so.

I resent that a person in any capacity with the IFBB or pro division would use slander to dismiss the objections of others. This man has slandered me several times in this forum by stating or suggesting I am a pedophile and that I am senile, stupid and uninformed. Behaviour like Bob's is contemptible and I resent that he represents anyone at all. The man has no respect for those who have opinions that differ from his own.

I doubt anything positive will result from posting about the drug problem on Getbig. You clearly present the situation that is faced by the professionals and anyone who aspires to winning a major open title. It appears that drug use is tolerated and that is clearly something that should not be allowed. That Arnold can be associated with a professional bodybuilding contest suggests this is a political issue and either bodybuilding is ignored or he is given special consideration.

Bob has clearly stated that he represents the professional athletes and unless several of them complain in writing to him then he doesn't feel he has a mandate or duty to do anything about the drug problem. Consider that Bob won a professional masters competition not so long ago and perhaps he participated in doing the same thing most other professionals are doing. Namely, he used drugs to assist building his muscles, etc. Therefore, he can hardly be expected to go against what he has gone along with for many years in his quest to win a major title.

I think there is a paradigm shift coming because the drug situation has become quite extreme and something has to be done to stop the lunacy. That many pros continue to use dangerous drugs and inject substances doesn't mean it should be accepted or tolerated.

When you realize that Ben, Joe, Raphael, Jim and others are behind the IFBB it makes you wonder what on earth their vision is for the sport. They have lost the plot and do not deserve to be supported by bodybuilders. The sorry state of bodybuilding has to blamed on someone and the buck stops with those who run bodybuilding and promote contests.