Author Topic: An open letter to Bob Chic  (Read 14308 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Re: An open letter to Bob Chic
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »
No pro or top amateur HAS to risk breaking the law, nor do thay HAVE to compete unfairly. They can choose to compete in the drug tested shows, natural organizations...ensuring they are on equal par with others that share the same mindset.

At the end of the day, it the fans that dictate what level of competition they want to support....and they have spoken loudly....not just in BB, but every sport...they want bigger, stronger, faster, and freakier...thats why there were 10,000 people at the Olympia, and 10 people at the last natural show.

It's not like the athletes that compete are exactly chomping at the bit rallying for drug testing, either....it is what it is.
Agreed.  It's just funny how the competitors are completely exploited and are ok with it.  The IFBB doesn't give a shit about their health and neither do the fans.  I guess the only ones who lose, are the competitors. ;)  That's their choice, but one I'd never make.  It's great when your health is fine, it's another when your getting blood work done at 40.  To me, no amount of money is worth poor health, which for most in the IFBB, is inevitable.
N

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 07:59:56 PM »
Howie, your efforts are laudable. Unfortunately, you are asking the wrong person to do something about the drugs in bodybuilding. Consider that Bob was appointed to his position. The professional athletes have no elected representative. His position is a sham and just about every intelligent person on Getbig knows it. That is why he is openly called the IFBB stooge and rightly so.

I resent that a person in any capacity with the IFBB or pro division would use slander to dismiss the objections of others. This man has slandered me several times in this forum by stating or suggesting I am a pedophile and that I am old, stupid and uninformed. Behaviour like Bob's is contemptible and I resent that he represents anyone at all. The man has no respect for those who have opinions that differ from his own.

I doubt anything positive will result from posting about the drug problem on Getbig. You clearly present the situation that is faced by the professionals and anyone who aspires to winning a major open title. It appears that drug use is tolerated and that is clearly something that should not be allowed. That Arnold can be associated with a professional bodybuilding contest suggests this is a political issue and either bodybuilding is ignored or he is given special consideration.

Bob has clearly stated that he represents the professional athletes and unless several of them complain in writing to him then he doesn't feel he has a mandate or duty to do anything about the drug problem. Consider that Bob won a professional masters competition not so long ago and perhaps he participated in doing the same thing most other professionals are doing. Namely, he used drugs to assist building his muscles, etc. Therefore, he can hardly be expected to go against what he has gone along with for many years in his quest to win a major title.

I think there is a paradigm shift coming because the drug situation has become quite extreme and something has to be done to stop the lunacy. That many pros continue to use dangerous drugs and inject substances doesn't mean it should be accepted or tolerated.

When you realize that Ben, Joe, Raphael, Jim and others are behind the IFBB it makes you wonder what on earth their vision is for the sport. They have lost the plot and do not deserve to be supported by bodybuilders. The sorry state of bodybuilding has to blamed on someone and the buck stops with those who run bodybuilding and promote contests.

I've never slandered you Basile....anything I've ever said about you is true.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 08:00:05 PM »

That picture describes exactly what i'm thinking now.

Come on, Howie...get a life.
It's Hip to be Square!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »
Bob, you have openly slandered me. Don't think your sophistry can save you. I have copies of everything you posted.

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 08:03:52 PM »
Howie has a point, however, fans want to see freaks...the IFBB knows this.  The only ones to take a stand are the competitors.  They of course won't because they're too dumb too.  They'll risk serious health problems later in life, why, simple lack of options.  It's not as if it was, become a doctor or be a bodybuilder..hahah  Most of these guys are idiots, so you'll never see a change in the sport.  Personally, I find it amusing to watch people inject all types of shit into themselves, just for a little cash and "love for the sport".  Translation: Most drugged up bodybuilders have yes, a drug problem...phrase it how you will, but it's a drug addiction all the same.
I could careless if every pro today dropped dead of a heart attack, due to their stupidity...I'd probably laugh. ;D  Who decided one day...yeah, I'm going to take insulin, gh, steroid and be jacked?  It's idiotic.  95% of the country would agree there. Yes, it's doing what you "love", but the same could be said for a heroin junkie..."he's just livin the dream, doing what he loves to do"...hahah
Typical of most on this board to throw in a "meltdown" or STFU, type comment.  To form some kind of real discussion with less than intelligent people, can be a stretch.
Meltdown.
Nobody cares.
etc, etc.
haha, Oh man.
Thanka and great reply. LOL, I may be rambling at times but at least I cam complete a thought and make a reply.
These guys always resort to simple basic insults and have no ammo for an intelligent reply.
What they don't quite get is that the simple insults are baseless and easy to laugh at then ignore.
I doubt I could have become a pro, my few humble gifts were in academics and teaching.
I do enjoy the overall bodybuilding lifestyle (without extreme drug use of course).
I would prefer to see the big time pro shows like the ARNOLD with big time production and have the pros on a  lot less drugs. In fact , I would go to the Olmypia and MORE pro events, if they did that, seriously.
I suspect most of the biggest naysayers never even go to shows and by tickets?
Why the IFBB pro div would cater to "that crowd" seems pretty dumb. I honestly think they the IFBB pro div could do a LOT better $$$ and sponser wise with a less freaky pro. Look at the most successful health club/gym chains? Hardly an attraction for steroid induced mass freaks. Overall, their are lot more people like me , who are NOT rich but have some disposable income to spend of bodybuilding related stuff and new, state of the art gyms.
Of course we will always have the crowd that gets into Pro Wrasslin, Jerry Springer and Who Wants to Marry a Midget, kind of shows .
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »
Settle down bitches, it's just oiled up men in thongs. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

E N A N T H A T O R

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 08:08:13 PM »
Howie is on a mission to make changes in the IFBB ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 08:08:50 PM »
Hey, Howie, The Jerry Springer Show is my favourite TV show!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:10 PM »
Bob, you have openly slandered me. Don't think your sophistry can save you. I have copies of everything you posted.

Great...should make a nice entry into your diary.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 08:11:14 PM »
Settle down bitches, it's just oiled up men in thongs. ::)

HEY!!  That's Gordiano's line......!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 08:12:38 PM »
HEY!!  That's Gordiano's line......!!
He's running late, I'm filling in temporarily. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »
In another thread this is what Bob posted about me:

"The only one making an ass of themselves is YOU...everytime you post one of your pedofile-loking pictures of your fat self on the internet for all to laugh at....or attempt to talk shop about something you have ZERO knowledge of, aren't involved in, and use Getbig as your source of info..."

Can Bob explain exactly what a 'pedofile-loking picture' is? You are suggesting that I am one because I look like one! This is beyond civility even on Getbig.

Do you really want to challenge my knowledge of bodybuilding?

You are lamentable, Bob, and athletes rep my ass. Get yourself elected and I will respect that position. The IFBB does way too much appointing of important positions.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 08:40:20 PM »

"The only one making an ass of themselves is YOU...everytime you post one of your pedofile-loking pictures of your fat self on the internet for all to laugh at....or attempt to talk shop about something you have ZERO knowledge of, aren't involved in, and use Getbig as your source of info..."

Can Bob explain exactly what a 'pedofile-loking picture' is? You are suggesting that I am one because I look like one! This is beyond civility even on Getbig.

You are lamentable, Bob, and athletes rep my ass. Get yourself elected and I will respect that position. The IFBB does way too much appointing of important positions.

It's not 1970 Vinny, get over yourself. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 08:43:38 PM »

The world would be better off without you.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:36 PM »

It's just a look, Basile...like the guys "having a seat" on Dateline.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2008, 08:54:25 PM »
It's just a look, Basile...like the guys "having a seat" on Dateline.

AHAHHA  oh man THIS is why Bob Chick is THE FUCKING MAN.

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2008, 09:02:46 PM »
yeah..... real funny making fun of molested kids......good job, ifbbb rep, or whatever you thougbht you were

fired

ps. i have no idea what im talkijngbaab out , but it sounds dangerous ;)

p.s.s. consider yersefl fiered :D
X Board. Integrity is what we do

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
I've never slandered you Basile....anything I've ever said about you is true.

Even the thing about those koalas and a leaf-wrapped "doodle"?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2008, 09:05:16 PM »
 >:(

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2008, 09:06:12 PM »
>:(
:o Settle down Kamalis bodyguard, it's only the internet!! :o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »
I dont believe the IFBB should stand in the way of the boundless creative mind of the human being. It is what drives the human species forward and it should never be repressed or doused, stunting growth and destroying free will.

The people that want to transform their bodies with pharmacuticals for their own creative purposes should be allowed to do so as long as they dont hurt another person. The individual has the choice and that is what the IFBB is allowing, individual freedoms and choices.

Some of you are facist wanting to control the human imagination. Some of you should go live in a communist country and see how the binding of human creativity and expression destroys progress and crushes souls.

The whole issue of steroids in bodybuilding would be resolved if the IFBB would catagorized bodybuilding as an art rather than a sport. It would be that simple.

(no, it should not be allowed in real sports, i.e baseball, they are not creative and because there is no way a level playing ground can be maintained, but those are the only reasons why I think it should be banned. However they should be allow for medical purposes for short term treatments, to deny them is to deny the best medicine to an injured player which is unethical.)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2008, 09:54:23 PM »
The whole issue of steroids in bodybuilding would be resolved if the IFBB would catagorized bodybuilding as an art rather than a sport. It would be that simple.

That's a good point.  The only downside is that calling it an "art" would make bodybuilding even gayer than it already is (if that's possible.)

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »
DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERY THREAD IN G/O IS YOU WHINING LIKE A BITCH ABOUT STEROIDS IN BODYBUILDING. NO ONE CARES AND ITS GETTING REALLY FUCKING BORING. FIND A NEW TOPIC
qft

lol

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:06 PM »
 as chick as stated, the fans have spoken.. more of them want the freaks than the smaller guys.. and the attendence at the arnold, the olympia, and the amount of competitors in the last couple npc nationals show that.. as always, if the people want the smaller, natural physiques, then support the nga and some others.. but, people are not.. why? the competitors are not to their liking.. drug testing at the shows (npc, ifbb) will not curtail the drug use as shown by the olympics and the ifbb world championships.. so the whole health and legal issue is moot.. they will still be using.. with all due respect, this has been told to you numerous times and bob has now said the same thing that many here of already told you the past few weeks... i hope it at least answers your issues..

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »
Howie how much creatine do you take a day?