Author Topic: Bengals cut WR Chris Henry, say they'll no longer tolerate his conduct  (Read 2876 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
I know this isn't the headline of the century but this is big news in the NFL because of this kid's upside. Sure, he's a knucklehead but he won't be unemployed for long, that's for sure. A change of scenery might do him good and turn him around. He's got #1 wideout potential. All of this a moot point if the NFL suspends him, however.

The Cincinnati Bengals, deciding they have had enough of wide receiver Chris Henry's run-ins with the law, released him on Thursday, hours after he surrendered to police to face a possible assault charge.

"Chris Henry has forfeited his opportunity to pursue a career with the Bengals. His conduct can no longer be tolerated," Bengals president Mike Brown said in a statement.

Henry, arrested five times since December 2005, was suspended by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for the first half of last season for repeatedly violating the league's conduct policy.

"The Bengals tried for an extended period of time to support Chris and his potentially bright career. We had hoped to guide him toward an appropriate standard of personal responsibility that this community would support and that would allow him to play in the NFL," Brown said. "We acknowledge those fans who had concerns about Chris; at the same time we tried to help a young man.

"But those efforts end today, as we move on with what is best for our team."

Henry has had a string of problems with police. He most recently was in court last week after being ticketed for driving with expired Kentucky license plates. He paid $149, according to the Hamilton County Municipal Court records.

Henry also pleaded guilty to letting minors drink alcohol in a hotel room he had rented. He served two days in a northern Kentucky jail.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
The guy is a cancer.  Great physical talent, but a cancer.  How soon until the Raiders pick him up?   ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Looks like a fine upstanding citizen ::)

E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
Nice picture!  ;D

Is that his recent arrest photo?

I remember being at a Ravens game 2 years ago and some front row fans were giving him shit. He must have mouthed the words 'fuck you' about a dozen times.

Real class act but the guy has serious ball skills.

danielson

• Getbig V
Nice picture!  ;D

Is that his recent arrest photo?

Yeah, it was on TMZ. He looks like a gangbanger.
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
Looks asian too.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
i hope goddell suspends his ass and the long hair all the negroids are sporting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The guy is a cancer.  Great physical talent, but a cancer.  How soon until the Raiders pick him up?   ;)

Or the Cowboys.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Or the Cowboys.

Sad, but true.  I used to respect the Schram/Landry Cowboys.  But since Jerry Jones took over the team, it has been a bunch of prima donnas, thugs and crybabies. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Sad, but true.  I used to respect the Schram/Landry Cowboys.  But since Jerry Jones took over the team, it has been a bunch of prima donnas, thugs and crybabies. 

Future home of Pacman Jones. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
Re: Bengals cut WR Chris Henry, say they'll no longer tolerate his conduct
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 07:18:56 AM »
i hope goddell suspends his ass and the long hair all the negroids are sporting.

Douchebag.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 04:37:52 PM »
Douchebag.

It looks bad for the NFL to have dreadlocked thugs running around, plain and simple.  the NFL is a trademark, and when you are a part of that, as these players and teams are, their bad image and lifestyle could LEGALY be construed as copyright infringement.  Its a very fine line, but its an arguement the NFL can easily use against any team/franchise.  the nfl stands for national football league, not N----R FOR LIFE.  remember, the nfl players in trouble with the law are black and the ones not in trouble with the law are everyone else.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
It looks bad for the NFL to have dreadlocked thugs running around, plain and simple.  the NFL is a trademark, and when you are a part of that, as these players and teams are, their bad image and lifestyle could LEGALY be construed as copyright infringement.  Its a very fine line, but its an arguement the NFL can easily use against any team/franchise.  the nfl stands for national football league, not N----R FOR LIFE.  remember, the nfl players in trouble with the law are black and the ones not in trouble with the law are everyone else.

I am all for cleaner cut players black or white. Shorter hair, fewer tattoos etc. Of course I am watching regardless and this is not a huge issue for me personally.
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 10:42:52 PM »
if they get pacman and henry shoot there superbowl bound, if they keep the ball outta romos hands and into barbers hands in the clutch