Author Topic: How much bigger can bodybuilders become?  (Read 4115 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
How much bigger can bodybuilders become?
« on: April 03, 2008, 06:27:52 PM »
Will Mr. Olympia 2028 be as far ahead of Jay Cutler as Cutler is ahead of Lee Haney?

Or are we reaching the limits of what "hard work and a strict diet" can achieve in mass-mongering?

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
Re: How much bigger can bodybuilders become?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 06:42:59 PM »
with genetic engineering still in its infancy i would think it quite sophomoric to posit that we have already reached the upper echelon of stage-displayed slabs of shredded beef
its comin today

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »
with genetic engineering still in its infancy i would think it quite sophomoric to posit that we have already reached the upper echelon of stage-displayed slabs of shredded beef

I expect great things from the Chinese in the coming decades.

The Biggest User

• Getbig II
  • YES!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:06:50 PM »
with the expected oil crisis on the horizon and a worldwide decrease in equity and population I believe we have seen the peak in human development.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:12:46 PM »
with the expected oil crisis on the horizon and a worldwide decrease in equity and population I believe we have seen the peak in human development.

"Expected"?

Another god-damned airline went out of business today because it couldn't afford gasoline.

The crisis is here.

The Biggest User

• Getbig II
  • YES!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »
"Expected"?

Another god-damned airline went out of business today because it couldn't afford gasoline.

The crisis is here.

Crisis meaning the ever increasing demand coupled with the decline in production. This world cannot support 6.5 billion people w/o oil as a cheap fuel. Dark days are ahead. I'll tell my grandkids about getbig.com when I'm living in a mudhut in the midwest eating buffalo shanks NEEEEEEGGGGAH

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
I think the genetic thing could help develop incomplete body parts.  Many pros, well people in general, have sub par calves or forearms.  If they could figure out how to tell a certain muscle, or certain area of a certain muscle, to grow then I say the guys could get 20lbs bigger than Coleman and Nasser (cheer) in a ripped condition.

What we need is science to find a way to make getting shredded easier or increase the visible definition....the guys already have enough size in the pro ranks for the most part.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 12:25:07 AM »
I think the genetic thing could help develop incomplete body parts.  Many pros, well people in general, have sub par calves or forearms.  If they could figure out how to tell a certain muscle, or certain area of a certain muscle, to grow then I say the guys could get 20lbs bigger than Coleman and Nasser (cheer) in a ripped condition.

What we need is science to find a way to make getting shredded easier or increase the visible definition....the guys already have enough size in the pro ranks for the most part.

Stick to the topic.....Oil dammit!
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 01:05:44 AM »

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 01:07:35 AM »

you must really love his music huh? hey tell me what's your favorite song of his?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:08:59 AM »
Stick to the topic.....Oil dammit!

Most people feel oil is derived from technology. The opposite is true. Therefore when oil becomes the province of the social elite and strongest states technology will be more focused on military technology then hormone research. BBers are as big as they will ever get.
$

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 05:15:12 AM »
Will Mr. Olympia 2028 be as far ahead of Jay Cutler as Cutler is ahead of Lee Haney?

Or are we reaching the limits of what "hard work and a strict diet" can achieve in mass-mongering?

Many wouldn't consider "Cutler" to be ahead of "Haney".

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 05:18:08 AM »
not even close to what is potentially possible. they will look like cartoons in 20 years time.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 05:21:31 AM »
not even close to what is potentially possible. they will look like cartoons in 20 years time.

you're a moron. Offer some tangible evidence on HOW they will look different. Don't just bank on exponential growth. Let's see what you can come up with.
$

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 05:22:54 AM »
When they start reaching offseason weights of 350 lbs, they would have to be wheeled around the arnold classic expo in heavy duty wheelchairs ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 05:27:44 AM »

Well said, Sir William

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 06:17:23 AM »
you're a moron. Offer some tangible evidence on HOW they will look different. Don't just bank on exponential growth. Let's see what you can come up with.

these are rough estimates on weight, not particularly speficif to the exact year, but moreso an average of the years that they were the champ

larry scott in 1965 - 205lbs
arnold in 1975 - 240lbs
lee haney in 1985 - 248lbs
dorian in 1995 - 265lbs
ronnie coleman in 2005 - 270-300 (hulkster?)
??? in 2025 - 310+lbs

size increase is a given. the above isnt 100% accurate and fluctuates from arnold to larry scott due to their height difference, but as u can see, it's about a good 10+lbs every 10 years between each mr olympia. in 2015, dennis wolf will likely be the champ at around 300lbs.

if they wont look like cartoons at close to 300lbs for every competitor (in 20 odd years), then i dont know how they will

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:21:11 AM »
these are rough estimates on weight, not particularly speficif to the exact year, but moreso an average of the years that they were the champ

larry scott in 1965 - 205lbs
arnold in 1975 - 240lbs
lee haney in 1985 - 248lbs
dorian in 1995 - 265lbs
ronnie coleman in 2005 - 270-300 (hulkster?)
??? in 2025 - 310+lbs

size increase is a given. the above isnt 100% accurate and fluctuates from arnold to larry scott due to their height difference, but as u can see, it's about a good 10+lbs every 10 years between each mr olympia. in 2015, dennis wolf will likely be the champ at around 300lbs.

if they wont look like cartoons at close to 300lbs for every competitor (in 20 odd years), then i dont know how they will

I think to get cartoonishly big you would need to find the most select of the gene pool in regards to hormone response which is unlikely since bbing as a whole isn't that popular in respects to getting to the pro level. Second more doesn't equal better in terms of drugs. Some designer shit that puts you in the realm of cattle would need to be created. I also think the joints are taxed to the max at Colemans size and anything much bigger can't be sustainable for any amount of time (+10 years)
$

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »
For now and 'til science comes up with new technologies, they won't be much "improvement" in size. Actually, I don't think Cutler is bigger than Ronnie was in 2003. The extensive use of GH and insulin has changed BBer's physiques drastically since the beginning of the 90's but the GH and 'slin use has reached the limit where the side effects can't be controlled anymore: the pregnant guts, the difficulties to get proper conditionning with that type of mass, symmetry problems, etc...They will sure come up with something new that will soon (less than ten years) allow us to gaze at a 330lbs son of a bitch at 2% bodyfat with perfect muscle separation and probably so little water in his body that the guy will be clinically dead according to doctors while still struttin naked and all oiled up in front of a disturbed crowd.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 06:34:16 AM »
I think to get cartoonishly big you would need to find the most select of the gene pool in regards to hormone response which is unlikely since bbing as a whole isn't that popular in respects to getting to the pro level. Second more doesn't equal better in terms of drugs. Some designer shit that puts you in the realm of cattle would need to be created. I also think the joints are taxed to the max at Colemans size and anything much bigger can't be sustainable for any amount of time (+10 years)

true, ud need the muscles to look full and round, ala serge nubret, arnold, kevin levrone, etc. but most of the top pros today do have very cartoonish size and shape. dexter, melvin, dennis, jay to a point, ronnie, etc. the judges have dictated that shape combined with size will be the ultimate winner (in a fair world), so if there are top bbers who can reach the pro size and are blessed with great fullness and shape, we'll likely see them at the arnold and olympia. theyre rare, but theyre out there, and theyve done well (ala oliva, wolf and coleman, to name a few of the freaks.)

ud know more about the drugs than i do, but i agree, a new formula would probably need to be created to really help the weight increase and make it 'easier' to get to that next level of size

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 06:45:54 AM »
with dozens of egg whites,whey protein shakes and creatin.......the sky's the limit

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 07:06:19 AM »
We're pretty close to reaching the limit of unhealthiness.  Any heavier and these guys would die just trying to do cardio for the show.