Author Topic: McCain voted AGAINST making Martin Luther King Jr day a holiday  (Read 2743 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: McCain voted AGAINST making Martin Luther King Jr day a holiday
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
Man, slow down, Im trying to catch up but the wine is going down kinda rough tonight.  ;)
I'm on like my ohhhhh... fuck.... something like a half gallon of JD...  Love for everyone :D... Let's make peace bros!!!  I know from your posts that you guys have stuff in common "bigtime"  I don't know where it went wrong... I understand how it does; this is getbig.  But you two don't have enough going to form a serious rivalry.  Let's talk this out guys...  I bet we come out better afterwords...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 12:28:38 AM »
If MLK was lecturing on family values and the importance of marriage - and was having an affair - that would be hypocritical.

But if he was only campaigning for civil rights, I could care less what he does in his marriage.

It's only when leaders tell people how to live - then break tehse very same rules - that they suck.  Regular joes, schmore, and heroes who wish to bang people they're not married to - I could care less.  Their business.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 05:43:39 AM »
There are a lot of rumors about his infidelity but no proof. Unless you have rock solid evidence stand by for a public stoning.

Personally, I don't care. His message still means something and regardless of his personal flaws (between him and God) it doesn't make his fight for racial equality less valid.

I also agree that he'd be disappointed by the behavior of the black community today and their sense of entitlement.

It both saddens and angers me when someone like Bill Cosby can give them a heavy dose of truth and they turn on the man.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 06:14:48 AM »
I couldn't agree more w8lftr.

Seemed MLK focused more on the civil rights battle than family and family values, though families were more functional back then compared to now.  Regardless of what he did or didn't do outside his marriage, his influence is among the most important and needed in American history.  I can't imagine how difficult times were then and its amazing what he was able to accomplish with his message.  If black leaders want to continue to encourage other blacks to do best, the path has been set...a message mix of MLK & Cosby. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »
There are a lot of rumors about his infidelity but no proof. Unless you have rock solid evidence stand by for a public stoning.

Personally, I don't care. His message still means something and regardless of his personal flaws (between him and God) it doesn't make his fight for racial equality less valid.

I also agree that he'd be disappointed by the behavior of the black community today and their sense of entitlement.

It both saddens and angers me when someone like Bill Cosby can give them a heavy dose of truth and they turn on the man.

Well said!