Author Topic: Was 5'4", 21 year old Tim Belknap overlooked???  (Read 17044 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Was 5'4", 21 year old Tim Belknap overlooked???
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 04:00:07 AM »
looks great but who wants to be that short.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:12 AM »
OK feb 82 is the last cover ,26 yrs ago and people think steroids are a big issue now?he has gyno and full and conditioned mass for his height.i'm sure his cycles did'nt include joe weider liver tabs and joe's super weight gainer.he would have fit right in with the nineties an on up crew.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 06:31:17 AM »
Was a blocky lump, BUT built a shit load of muscle on a veggy diet !!!

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 06:37:47 AM »
the original 'blocky waist' guy?

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 06:51:18 AM »
for those of you old enough to recall, he blew everyone away and was the new "thing", at the time I couldnt figure out why bodybuilders disappeared as fast as they appeared...now I know.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 06:53:44 AM »
he's in alot of those robert kennedy books from the early 80's, he's a massive f'n guy, kinda like gaspari in that he was mega conditioned  but had a big waist.  His legs were enormous for the time period from what i remember.  He did try a comeback in the early 90's and didn't do really well with it but most of the training articles he was featured in were pretty cool.
nasser=piece of shit

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:24 AM »
Where is The Coach at to claim that this guy didn't introduce insulin to bbing?

Coach swears it was Milos that ruined bbing by introducing insulin.....I mean Milos must have told Tim about this back when he was an 87lb weakling, right Coach?

The first to use insulin in BBing, was certainly Tim Belknap. Though, as Tim Fogarty states, he used more than "therapeutic doses," he used it because he was diabetic.

Milos was the first to introduce insulin "for the sole purpose of muscle building." I've seen him write about this here and on his board.

Then there is the infamous "Insulin Debate" over at Muscle Mayhem- great read for numerous reasons. If you haven't read looked at in, you really should even if you don't care about AAS and/or insulin.

The Coach

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 07:13:53 AM »
Where is The Coach at to claim that this guy didn't introduce insulin to bbing?

Coach swears it was Milos that ruined bbing by introducing insulin.....I mean Milos must have told Tim about this back when he was an 87lb weakling, right Coach?

Dumbest quote of the year...............Chaos, ya kinda think Belknap NEEDED the insulin to keep him alive??? He took it because he needed it not because he wanted it ::) Only boneheads now a days look forward to taking their "slin"

He didn't place well in the pros because 1. He had no symmetry and 2. He didn't get really ripped.     Back then they had the judging right, now it's the opposite, they now reward people who look like Belknap.

From what I understand, he's a pastor now somewhere in California.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 07:21:37 AM »
http://milossarcev.com/board/index.php?topic=556.msg4869#msg4869

Last post on the 3rd page....

As far as if I regretted introducing insulin to bodybuilding (and other sports) – my answer is NO!
As the matter of fact, I am planning to write the ebook  about specific usage of insulin in sports.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 02:44:40 PM »
He was the exact same height as Lee Priest (around 5'4") and carried around as much as mass as him, YET, he was a competitor 20 years earlier than Priest.

Again, I think that Bertil Fox and Tim Belknap were competing in the wrong era. The judges just weren't ready for that kind of MASS. Just like the kiddies weren't ready for Michael J. Fox's guitar playing in Back to the Future (circa 1955)!  :o

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
Dumbest quote of the year...............Chaos, ya kinda think Belknap NEEDED the insulin to keep him alive??? He took it because he needed it not because he wanted it ::) Only boneheads now a days look forward to taking their "slin"

He didn't place well in the pros because 1. He had no symmetry and 2. He didn't get really ripped.     Back then they had the judging right, now it's the opposite, they now reward people who look like Belknap.

From what I understand, he's a pastor now somewhere in California.
So you believe he only used what he needed and didn't use more to build muscle?

Maybe you should look him up, your soul needs a cleansing. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »
No, not some 27 years ago, I am quite sure that kind of research wasn't done. I'm pretty sure he had know knowledge of its anabolic effects on muscle building. Even if he did, he still needed it!

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 12:29:12 AM »

yeah because he was diabetic

Really ::)

The Beef

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 07:18:42 AM »
No, not some 27 years ago, I am quite sure that kind of research wasn't done. I'm pretty sure he had know knowledge of its anabolic effects on muscle building. Even if he did, he still needed it!
true,but do you think he thought it was the anabolics only given him all that size?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »
more pics
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »
Not to give out any false rumors and do not know how solid this information is, but I heard he died a few years back. The cause may have been AID's. Anyone have any more information about this? Hopefully it is incorrect.
F

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 09:12:29 AM »
Not to give out any false rumors and do not know how solid this information is, but I heard he died a few years back. The cause may have been AID's. Anyone have any more information about this? Hopefully it is incorrect.
just like the rumor that you're big and strong, it's totally false. :D

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 10:27:58 AM »

you're confusing him with Ron Teufel, who did have HIV/AIDS and died in 2002

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 01:04:32 PM »
he used more than therapeutic doses.

hey Fogerty,

if you have that orange covered issue there are two cool photos in it. one is Mike Quinn winning the teen nationals, looking as good as he ever did later, and Mike Ashley bloated to shit and not bragging about being drugfree.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:23 PM »
::) how do you know what he died of?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2008, 01:28:49 PM »
TF: I stand corrected. Thank you
F

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
You don't think he did any 'self research'? As someone said earlier in this thread, you could put his physique in todays lineup and he would fit in......
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Coach

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
You don't think he did any 'self research'? As someone said earlier in this thread, you could put his physique in todays lineup and he would fit in......

I don't think he self -researched in the way of muscle building, I do think he knew he could get away with eating alot more carbs than the average dieting bodybuilder and keeping him fuller, but no, I seriously don't think he knew just how anabolic it was. Like I said, he got beat as a pro then because he looked like the pro's now. The judging was alot better then.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2008, 08:29:10 PM »
I don't think he self -researched in the way of muscle building, I do think he knew he could get away with eating alot more carbs than the average dieting bodybuilder and keeping him fuller, but no, I seriously don't think he knew just how anabolic it was. Like I said, he got beat as a pro then because he looked like the pro's now. The judging was alot better then.
So you don't think there is any correlation between him looking like todays pros and his insulin usage?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2008, 09:31:52 PM »

I never heard this-are you positive?