Author Topic: The World According to Monsanto  (Read 1096 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: The World According to Monsanto
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:23:57 AM »
actually, kind of funny in a sad way.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:41:17 AM »
What is really, really sad is to see our representatives side with these people.

UnFUCKINGbelievable!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:10:10 AM »

Haha. If this pisses you off, don't look under any rocks in the electricity generation business.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:11:39 AM »
Haha. If this pisses you off, don't look under any rocks in the electricity generation business.
actually, I thought it was a bit funny.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 11:08:30 AM »
We all (sort of) knew that there was some type of corruption going on with our public officials. Nonetheless, we're all in the dark as to how widespread this disease is amongst all our "representatives," who've been seduced by money to go against their own contituency's will.

This is not democracy ladies and gents. We've obviously become a corporatocracy.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »
We all (sort of) knew that there was some type of corruption going on with our public officials. Nonetheless, we're all in the dark as to how widespread this disease is amongst all our "representatives," who've been seduced by money to go against their own contituency's will.

This is not democracy ladies and gents. We've obviously become a corporatocracy.

I think the two-party system is to blame for a lot of this. It is very vulnerable for the lobbyists.

How about a multi-party system, a parliament perhaps? 8)
As empty as paradise

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
I think the two-party system is to blame for a lot of this. It is very vulnerable for the lobbyists.

How about a multi-party system, a parliament perhaps? 8)

Well... I think the problem here is money. We need to pass laws that prohibit public officials from working for a corporation after the person leaves office. Furthermore, every trip overseas needs to be monitored, their income must be made public every year and everything they do muct be scrutinized, we must make them feel like we've got our fist so far up their asses than when confronted with a corrupt corporate type he'd look at him like a Amish virgin at a merengue contest in the middle of the Dominican Republic.

Shit.