Author Topic: Was that Bob Chick in "See Arnold Run" ?  (Read 5032 times)

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
Re: Was that Bob Chick in "See Arnold Run" ?
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »
Its about having "class" Trev. Some actors say the can define their status by the roles they turn down.
What Bob has done in taking this is almost an act of desperation (he has addmitted that he was in no way prepared to make a convincing performance for this role) he has basically seen some money waved in his face and will do anything for it. Its as bad as doing gay for pay.
Acting is a tough game. It's all about raising one's profile. Bet that's why Bob took it. Personally, I think he didn't do himself any favours as he was WAY out of shape an feel that if he wants to pursue this career, he should stay leaner.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
Obviously, you have a comprehension problem then....you say you watched the credits, claim they're from someone named "Chipallato" or something....then come on here asking if it's me?

See, by trying to be witty, you've made an ass of yourself....

Bob don't argue with this guy.  He'll come to your gym and beat you up.  He does it to everyone.

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 03:01:49 AM »
Acting is a tough game. It's all about raising one's profile. Bet that's why Bob took it. Personally, I think he didn't do himself any favours as he was WAY out of shape an feel that if he wants to pursue this career, he should stay leaner.

I have to say the casting director was way off. First he picks a man so unlike Arnold to play Arnold it's not funny then he hires a fat little butterball to play the part of Ferrigno. It's sad that Bob had to take this role because he seems fairly intelligent and maybe if he had worked harder at his education he may have had a well paying profession by now.

Master of the Masters.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 03:07:12 AM »
I have to say the casting director was way off. First he picks a man so unlike Arnold to play Arnold it's not funny then he hires a fat little butterball to play the part of Ferrigno. It's sad that Bob had to take this role because he seems fairly intelligent and maybe if he had worked harder at his education he may have had a well paying profession by now.

Are you going to send him to the school of hard knocks? 

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 03:24:10 AM »

Not many "Actors" to choose from considering the subject  ::)

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 07:04:34 AM »
Not many "Actors" to choose from considering the subject  ::)

I wonder why they didn't use Lou himself ?  He hasn't aged much and with some makeup could have passed for his old self.
Master of the Masters.

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 07:05:46 AM »
Are you going to send him to the school of hard knocks? 

I would send him to the school of hard squeezes.........with my pliers  :-X
Master of the Masters.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 07:13:23 AM »
I would send him to the school of hard squeezes.........with my pliers  :-X
haha    what an old auntie

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 07:25:28 AM »
i was offered the role to play Lou with about 2 1/2 weeks notice in the dead off season in winter....you take roles when you can...as for having bitch tits, i don't know who youre talking about....i've never had any problem with it...

I can only imagine your surprise...I'm surprised myself that you can't read.

You didn't have bitch tits in the movie. It was Roland (I don't remember his last name) who played Arnold.

Stavios

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 07:53:57 AM »
You didn't have bitch tits in the movie. It was Roland (I don't remember his last name) who played Arnold.

Roland Cockinger

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »
it wouldn't have been smart for bob to look his best for the movie

bob played lou, who lost to arnold

roland played arnold, he had to look better than bob

at their best bob kills roland in a competition

E

E

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
Roland Kickinger sucks.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 06:26:23 PM »
it wouldn't have been smart for bob to look his best for the movie

bob played lou, who lost to arnold

roland played arnold, he had to look better than bob

at their best bob kills roland in a competition

E

Thank you Earl...at least someone could see what was up.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »

Hmm.. Chick raking in the bucks on television, and did a good job.  Jimmy T watching from his home, jerking off, wishing he was Chick.  Get a life, and get real.  Your jealously is just too much. Give some respect to the man who is got a good role on prime time.  You may have not like the movie, but others did.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »
Hmm.. Chick raking in the bucks on television, and did a good job.  Jimmy T watching from his home, jerking off, wishing he was Chick.  Get a life, and get real.  Your jealously is just too much. Give some respect to the man who is got a good role on prime time.  You may have not like the movie, but others did.

damn ron dishing out ownings

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »

you're welcome, chick 8)

E
E

Sarcastic Deity

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »

careful, chick... E's liable to get a hard-on for you

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 11:30:25 PM »
damn ron dishing out ownings

No, I live in Los Angeles. I see the hundreds of people who wish they can get any part in any type of movie, to actually have a Screen Actors Guild card, to actually see themselves on the television screen. It isn't easy. And to actually get paid for it, more than the standard daily rate. Nice.

How many of you, if someone asks you to be in a movie, and you can get paid nicely on it, won't take it. Come on... most people would do it for free.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2008, 12:25:15 AM »
Master Ron reminding us of his Pwning Form from back in the day (circa 1996).
BigNationRadio.com

schwarzenpecker

• Getbig II
  • You may have seen me at your local video store
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2008, 12:30:06 AM »
The producers could have picked any top 10 national level shw competitor  and they would have looked better than Roland or Bob. The problem is none of them have SAG cards. Roland wasn't anywhere near as big as when he was competing and Bob didn't have enough time to get in shape.

A better idea, that would never happen in reality would be to have Gunter dye his hair and  play Arnold and shoot the movie right after the Mr. Olympia when he looked his best. Bob would be close to contest condition but deliberately show up holding water so that Gunter was the obvious winner.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 12:57:41 AM »
The producers could have picked any top 10 national level shw competitor  and they would have looked better than Roland or Bob. The problem is none of them have SAG cards. Roland wasn't anywhere near as big as when he was competing and Bob didn't have enough time to get in shape.

A better idea, that would never happen in reality would be to have Gunter dye his hair and  play Arnold and shoot the movie right after the Mr. Olympia when he looked his best. Bob would be close to contest condition but deliberately show up holding water so that Gunter was the obvious winner.

Well you don't need a SAG card.  They could have gone Taft-Hartley and become a must-sign.  All the that needed to be done was one of the producers or director sponsor the actor.