Author Topic: Did the 'gay lobbyists' hijack Pro Bodybuilding in the early 80's?  (Read 95700 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Did the 'gay lobbyists' hijack Pro Bodybuilding in the early 80's?
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2008, 03:40:57 AM »
two covers aren't exactly "many" and i don't see how these covers are gay

is it the moustache or what?

like i said NUMEROUS TIMES it is only gay if you want it to be gay

E
i don't think that it's necessarily da 'stache, it's more like the f@ggotty powder blue blackround and the almost dreamlike atmosphere of da photo :D

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2008, 03:51:04 AM »
Why does the homosexual-community find Pro Bodybuilding so appealing?

Is Pro Bodybuilding in better financial shape because of the support it enjoys from this gay-collective?

Is Pro Bodybuilding suffering because of its close ties with  gay-culture?  Furthermore, are 'the mainstream' sickened by the 'blatent and overt gayness' that is so much a part of  Pro Bodybuilding today?

Getbiggers, so many questions. Many more need to be asked!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2008, 03:59:07 AM »
most gays, let alone most people, have never paid a bodybuilder to be allowed to jack off while the bodybuilder flexes.  that's what private posing means.

yet, im sure most guys have paid for a similar pleasure by a woman at least once in their life. though that may be extreme to some people, i dont see what's wrong with it. maybe u guys should broaden ur minds a little.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2008, 04:07:31 AM »
I dont see how you can claim the moustache as being only for gay men, and cut off flannels...as I said in a previous post, those styles are not ours to claim, they have been around for many many years before gays were out and about, we may parody them but we cannot claim we invented them...Your gay centric point of view is just as bad as being homophobic.

Good point.
O

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2008, 07:31:57 AM »
i don't think that it's necessarily da 'stache, it's more like the f@ggotty powder blue blackround and the almost dreamlike atmosphere of da photo :D

And some of the article names "When bulging biceps aren't enough" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA But seriously I found that cover and posted it here a few weeks ago because I thought it was humorous not literally gay. I looked at covers all over from that era and that was the only one that stuck out as possibly being gay oriented but I doubt it was meant for gay men especially since 90% of 80's culture is considered gay now ;D And on the Jay Cutler MuscleMag issue it shows it has an article about making breast bigger and a whole swimsuit photo session so I don't think it was meant to be gay but to attract female readers.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2008, 07:35:45 AM »
I dont see how you can claim the moustache as being only for gay men, and cut off flannels...as I said in a previous post, those styles are not ours to claim, they have been around for many many years before gays were out and about, we may parody them but we cannot claim we invented them...Your gay centric point of view is just as bad as being homophobic.

Exactly, sometimes he makes the homosexual community look bad, I have compared him to those douche bags who have parades and walk the streets looking like freaks with almost no clothes on.

I

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »
Bodybuildings very core has gay roots. Ever hear the Master Blaster talk? Nough said
I was always aware of it and never had a problem with it. If you are secure in your own sexuality then you shouldn't give a frack who looks at, applauds or drools over your body. As long as nobody gets over enthusiastic and puts a hand on you, live and let live  :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »
Bodybuildings very core has gay roots. Ever hear the Master Blaster talk? Nough said
I was always aware of it and never had a problem with it. If you are secure in your own sexuality then you shouldn't give a frack who looks at, applauds or drools over your body. As long as nobody gets over enthusiastic and puts a hand on you, live and let live  :)

Therein lies the rub; a lot of men who patronize bodybuilding are insecure.  Rememeber this thread? http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=132861.0

As I see it, bodybuilding attracts several types of men.

•  the secure heterosexual man; he can readily admit how gay bodybuilding is and embrace it anyway.  There are relatively few of these men but they are a welcome addition to the sport.  Example: gordiano.

•  the insecure heterosexual man; these guys are often not too bright and insist there is nothing gay about bodybuilding even as their heroes oil up, wear thongs, pose to music for an audience of cheering men, show off their shredded bums on stage, make lusty videos, and private pose behind closed doors. “I don’t see what’s gay about that!” despite all the evidence to the contrary.  Like that Jay Cutler daisy duke pic and this:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=209016.msg2889800#msg2889800
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=132861.msg1879056#msg1879056
Again, these men have, shall we say, limited powers of perception.  Example:  I won’t name names, but they are all around you.

• the secure bi man; he likes hot women, but he likes hot men too and knows that bodybuilding is full of hot men.  Why not enjoy the best of both worlds?  These guys have no intention of giving up women (many are happily married), but see no reason to limit their options aesthetically or physically.  Example:  there are quite a few in the sport and on this board, but I shan’t name them publicly; some have already identified themselves in various threads.

• the insecure bi-curious man; in perpetual fear of discovery he, too, is inclined to insist there is nothing gay about bodybuilding but that won’t stop him from patronizing the sport: attending shows, buying videos, magazines, musclegallery.com, private posing sessions, etc.  Admitting the sport is gay means admitting that he is more than ‘curious’ and he doesn’t want to do that because that means looking in the mirror.  Example: Ted Haggard.

• the gay man; yep, he likes musclecock and musclebutts and he’s not ashamed to admit it.  This is not to say that gays aren’t insecure; there are many things gay men are insecure about but liking men is not one of them.  :D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2008, 09:16:42 AM »
Therein lies the rub; a lot of men who patronize bodybuilding are insecure.  Rememeber this thread? http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=132861.0

•  the secure heterosexual man; he can readily admit how gay bodybuilding is and embrace it anyway.  There are relatively few of these men but they are a welcome addition to the sport.  Example: gordiano.

•  the insecure heterosexual man; these guys are often not too bright and insist there is nothing gay about bodybuilding even as their heroes oil up, wear thongs, pose to music for an audience of cheering men, show off their shredded bums on stage, make lusty videos, and private pose behind closed doors. “I don’t see what’s gay about that!” dispite all the evidence to the contrary.
Again, these men have, shall we say, limited powers of perception.  Example:  I won’t name names, but they are all around you.

• the secure bi man; he likes hot women, but he likes hot men too and knows that bodybuilding is full of hot men.  Why not enjoy the best of both worlds?  These guys have no intention of giving up women (many are happily married), but see no reason to limit their options aesthetically or physically.  Example:  there are quite a few in the sport and on this board, but I shan’t name them publicly; some have already identified themselves in various threads.

• the insecure bi-curious man; in perpetual fear of discovery he, too, is inclined to insist there is nothing gay about bodybuilding but that won’t stop him from patronizing the sport: attending shows, buying videos, magazines, musclegallery.com, private posing sessions, etc.  Admitting the sport is gay means admitting that he is more than ‘curious’ and he doesn’t want to do that because that means looking in the mirror.  Example: Ted Haggard.

• the gay man; yep, he likes musclecock and musclebutts and he’s not ashamed to admit it.  This is not to say that gays aren’t insecure; there are many things gay men are insecure about but liking men is not one of them.  :D

You take things to the extreme sometimes, I mean have you ever admitted to being wrong in your life because it seems you always have a explanation or reason for something and nothing anyone says holds any backing in your opinion. It's like everything BBing is on a 24/7 gay agenda in your view but for some reason I highly doubt that's the case. I am not saying it's not on their agenda at all as I am sure there are plenty of gays who follow or participate in BBing at some level (competitors, behind the scenes, promoting) but I just don't agree with the extreme views you suggest.
I

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2008, 09:59:55 AM »
well quite a few businesses are making money from the homo-erotic consumers and these companies are launching new videos regularly.  production costs are low considering you:  have a contract,  rent a hotel room, hire a model, pay a camera person, edit/splice package and market.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

oh brother i stopped reading after this ::)

gordiano is in serious denial about his sexuality, he bashes bodybuilding to make himself feel straight

he can't make a single post without using the word "gay" yet his favorite singer is george michael, an openly gay man that makes extremely gay music :-X

ps "nycbull" owned you :-*

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:26 AM »

You take things to the extreme sometimes, I mean have you ever admitted to being wrong in your life because it seems you always have a explanation or reason for something and nothing anyone says holds any backing in your opinion. It's like everything BBing is on a 24/7 gay agenda in your view but for some reason I highly doubt that's the case. I am not saying it's not on their agenda at all as I am sure there are plenty of gays who follow or participate in BBing at some level (competitors, behind the scenes, promoting) but I just don't agree with the extreme views you suggest.

ever notice how bay is the only one that has seen guys jerking off at a show?

many guys here have been to shows, why haven't they seen this?  you know they would've mentioned it if they saw it

he's just another gay guy that tries to rationalize any way he can to make him feel secure about being a gay man

E
E

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2008, 11:19:01 AM »
ever notice how bay is the only one that has seen guys jerking off at a show?

many guys here have been to shows, why haven't they seen this?  you know they would've mentioned it if they saw it

he's just another gay guy that tries to rationalize any way he can to make him feel secure about being a gay man

E

In his opinion every guy who cheers at a show is either a fag or afraid to come out of the closet. ::)
I

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »

In his opinion every guy who cheers at a show is either a fag or afraid to come out of the closet. ::)

it is gay to cheer when a bodybuilder pulls up his trunks but other than that how is it gay?

maybe just maybe bodybuilding fans are more secure with their sexuality than the average man

i like to think so 8)

E
E

io856

« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
Why does bodybuilding have to be gay BayGBM?

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2008, 04:45:55 PM »
so if bodybuilding is so gay, how long till we see guys posing to music like this
Odilly

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2008, 04:58:03 PM »
•  the insecure heterosexual man; these guys are often not too bright and insist there is nothing gay about bodybuilding even as their heroes oil up, wear thongs, pose to music for an audience of cheering men, show off their shredded bums on stage, make lusty videos, and private pose behind closed doors. “I don’t see what’s gay about that!” despite all the evidence to the contrary.  Like that Jay Cutler daisy duke pic and this:
Again, these men have, shall we say, limited powers of perception.  Example:  I won’t name names, but they are all around you Bob Chick.

fixed
Ron: "I am lazy."

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »

Are my views that extreme?  Aren't you the one who dug up this cover and drew our attention to the double entendres on this other one?

;D ;D "Taking the mystery out of protein intake", do you know anything about that Bay ;D ;D

HAHAHAHAHA "What it takes to become a sucessful pro" ;D ;D ;D

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: April 09, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »
Are my views that extreme?  Aren't you the one who dug up this cover and drew our attention to the double entendres on this other one?

Yeah I did, for entertainment purposes. I wasn't trying to uncover or expose anything.
I

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2008, 05:13:29 PM »
only a gay man would look at those covers and think they are gay

at least you aren't in denial like so many here, bay

when i read bodybuilding magazines i used to leave them on my coffee table, i have had very few friends that like bodybuilding
and nobody ever mentioned the word "gay"  

that's because my friends are straight and have no doubts about their sexuality 8)

E
E

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #171 on: April 09, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
Bay, why do you ignore Nycbull's many telling points and persuasive arguments?
O

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: April 09, 2008, 05:24:10 PM »
Bay, why do you ignore Nycbull's many telling points and persuasive arguments?

He gets Vince Basile syndrome every now and then...
I

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #173 on: April 09, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »
This should be voted on:

http://snappoll.com/poll/263548.php
Ron: "I am lazy."

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2008, 12:18:14 AM »
personally, i think there's no sure-fire way of determining whether the actual sport of bbing is a homosexual sport and/or aimed mostly at gay men, as there are valid reasons for saying it is and it isnt.

as a fan of the pure sport of bbing, i can see how some might think it looks like a male strip show, but i just dont agree with that notion.