Author Topic: Does anyone here like working?  (Read 2787 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Does anyone here like working?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »
I like work in any capacity. I even enjoyed community service when I got sentanced. I can't stand just sitting around at home.
And I bet that ankle bracelet itches, too.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:13 AM »
I've never able to fully commit to eggbeaters....they're not bad, but I take my time in the kitchen...it's my little church of happiness so I crack the shells.   I don't eat as many during the week due to the work farts.

i work alone in my office.  the only person who suffers is my son, who usually hides when daddy bakes an air biscuit.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
I like my line of work, but pretty much hate my current position. I sold my small business in NY and moved to CO and took a job with a firm, and now realize I dislike working for anyone else. Unfortunately, I signed a contract so I'm stuck here until July. July 1st, I'm OUT of here.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
I busted my ass and ate shit to open my own business, and after 5 yrs I'm
still learning everyday, and I love it.  Even when I have to pay 6 people and I
get invoiced rather than checks, I still love it.  I wouldn't trade places
with anyone!

If you work you're ass off, and convince you'reself you love it even if
it gets tough once and a while, you can make bank.

USA all the Fuckin way!!!
Most are all show no go!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »
I like work in any capacity. I even enjoyed community service when I got sentanced. I can't stand just sitting around at home.

oh brother what did you do?

E
E

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »
oh brother what did you do?

E

Graffiti back right when I turned 18. 300 hours.
$

Moosejay

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 10:49:08 AM »
I busted my ass and ate shit to open my own business, and after 5 yrs I'm
still learning everyday, and I love it.  Even when I have to pay 6 people and I
get invoiced rather than checks, I still love it.  I wouldn't trade places
with anyone!

If you work you're ass off, and convince you'reself you love it even if
it gets tough once and a while, you can make bank.

USA all the Fuckin way!!!

One of the best posts I have seen in a long time.

All of your words ring true.

I have always worked for myself...sometimes more than 100 hours in a week. But, when you like what you do...don't really mind the time.

Some aspects I detest, but, overall...wouldn't have it any other way...to be self-made.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
Naw, I never really like work. I just think we have to work too long. I have had some type of job since I was 10 yrs old, paper route then, hated it, had to get up at the crack of dawn on sundays and had to deliver the papers and run to football practice right after. What I did like was having a few bucks, I was able to buy a motorcycle with my own money at 12( YZ80). So to this day I like the things that my job allows me to do, the things I find fun, working out, skiing, fishing, gambling etc... So I have had a Job since 10, I am 42 now and only have 25 more years of work before I can retire, just seem too damn long to me :'(

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 01:43:31 PM »
I like my job but my job has it's momments for example when the vaccum cleaner breaks down or the treadmills breaks down at times that can be a royal pain in the ass.My job is gym maintances.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 01:48:36 PM »
If that's what tickles your pickle, sure.
I've dug probably 200 graves, lowered twice as many bodies into the ground, and filled just as many holes as I lowered. I've lifted 400lbs bodies in a casket (with three-5 other workers of course), and seen 1000's of family members mourn the loss of a loved one. Only seen one "jumper" that couldn't stand to see her baby being lowered into the ground before her.
I did one service where a 12 year old girl was killed by crossing a freeway with 5 lanes in each direction...because he dad thought that was a better shortcut than using the overpass. The person that hit her was drunk. As we lowered the lid over her casket into the ground, the straps broke and nearly splintered the casket into pieces leaving her body to be seen by all bystanders. During this funeral, the procession was around 6 miles long...the cars leaving the mortuary during the service were pulling out of the driveway just as the first cars were pulling into our cemetery.
I also buried a high school acquaintance that was killed in a car accident because the girl driving the vehicle at 120+mph lost control and "forgot" to turn the car with the freeways curve. The car rolled and snapped his neck killing him instantly.
All of this and I worked in two different cemeteries for a little over 2 years total.
And then there was the green body.....that was interesting! 

Whoa. How eerie.......especially about the little girl.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
Do you like your job or do you hate every job you have ever done?
my job is fucking awesome.

bench