Author Topic: Does anyone here like working?  (Read 2788 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Does anyone here like working?
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
Do you like your job or do you hate every job you have ever done?

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Does anyone here like working?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »
From the bottom of my heart I can honestly say I absolutly love my job.
I like to be in charge and lead people and my guys and girls keep me constantly moving addaption and thinking of
new solutions and new ways to motivate people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:05:11 AM »
I used to be a teacher, a network admin, a manager on a programming project, a grocery store clerk, I even did landscaping for a while.  I hated most of these jobs and would just watch the clock til I could come home.  I'm really happy with my job now tho, working in my PJs most days and splitting my work day up into 2 or 3 or 8 shifts as I do other things. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:07:36 AM »
I used to be a teacher, a network admin, a manager on a programming project, a grocery store clerk, I even did landscaping for a while.  I hated most of these jobs and would just watch the clock til I could come home.  I'm really happy with my job now tho, working in my PJs most days and splitting my work day up into 2 or 3 or 8 shifts as I do other things. 

I tell you my best work/job ever was, I made an aprentiantship as a zookeeper, 3 years with school etc. so I'm a qualified zookeeper but getting work in that regard is super hard.
But that was my best job ever, you have to use your brain your body and you feeling at all times.
Never ever had I another job were the work as such was so versatile, no day was comparable to another... best fucking job ever.

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
I hate work, havent worked a real job in over 5 years.
shotgun on the team

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:58 AM »

I've worked in cemetery's doing landscaping, as well as funeral services. I've been a full-time (and part-time) professional musician for nearly 15 years, worked security for Entertainment stores, merchandised and driven 18 wheel semi-trucks. As well as a handyman when I was younger (G-pa told me what/how to do it and I did).

Currently, I've been doing the Delivery Agent gig with a few other things interspersed. I have to say I'm happiest doing this, and I don't get bored with it at all. There's always something that is new and keeps you on your toes, and I get complacent quickly. 

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »
I like work in any capacity. I even enjoyed community service when I got sentanced. I can't stand just sitting around at home.
$

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 09:27:58 AM »
I'm probably gonna grill some chicken tonight....only wish I had time to put the chickens in a brine.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 09:29:21 AM »
I'm probably gonna grill some chicken tonight....only wish I had time to put the chickens in a brine.

whats a brine?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
I've worked in cemetery's doing landscaping, as well as funeral services. I've been a full-time (and part-time) professional musician for nearly 15 years, worked security for Entertainment stores, merchandised and driven 18 wheel semi-trucks. As well as a handyman when I was younger (G-pa told me what/how to do it and I did).

Currently, I've been doing the Delivery Agent gig with a few other things interspersed. I have to say I'm happiest doing this, and I don't get bored with it at all. There's always something that is new and keeps you on your toes, and I get complacent quickly. 

Can we say you are THE UNDERTAKER?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 09:32:08 AM »
whats a brine?

It's basically salt water.   Take some whole chickens, clean em up, quarter em, take a gallon ziploc bag, put chicken in the bag, mix a cup of salt with enough water to fill and seal the bag, fill the bag with the salt water (brine) and let the chickens sit for no more than 24 hours.  Remove the chicken, wash them off good, and then season the chicken however you like and grill em up....beautiful.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 09:33:37 AM »
It's basically salt water.   Take some whole chickens, clean em up, quarter em, take a gallon ziploc bag, put chicken in the bag, mix a cup of salt with enough water to fill and seal the bag, fill the bag with the salt water (brine) and let the chickens sit for no more than 24 hours.  Remove the chicken, wash them off good, and then season the chicken however you like and grill em up....beautiful.

in your opinion, is that the best way to prepare chicken, taste-wise?  Or is there another method you find superior?

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 09:35:48 AM »

I hate it. Check my related topic from 1 year ago. Nothing changed. :)
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=121912.0

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »
in your opinion, is that the best way to prepare chicken, taste-wise?  Or is there another method you find superior?

For bone in chicken I think that's best to prep the chicken before you let it marinade and then grill.   For boneless you don't need the brine cause you can take a chicken breasts, pound it out flatter (eliminating the heavy chicken taste) and really allow your seasonings/marinades to get into the meat better.   Although, bone in, yeah I'd go with a brine...it seems to help tenderize while locking in juice and flavors all at once.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 09:39:22 AM »
For bone in chicken I think that's best to prep the chicken before you let it marinade and then grill.   For boneless you don't need the brine cause you can take a chicken breasts, pound it out flatter (eliminating the heavy chicken taste) and really allow your seasonings/marinades to get into the meat better.   Although, bone in, yeah I'd go with a brine...it seems to help tenderize while locking in juice and flavors all at once.

wow, i've never pounded boneless chicken before but it really does seem like it makes sense.  Do you use one of those funny little hammers with the ridged edges?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 09:44:49 AM »
wow, i've never pounded boneless chicken before but it really does seem like it makes sense.  Do you use one of those funny little hammers with the ridged edges?

Every damn day........ain't nothin better.   Granted, you gotta invest a bit more prep time, but I think it's worth it.....no, no....I know it's worth it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 09:46:33 AM »
Every damn day........ain't nothin better.   Granted, you gotta invest a bit more prep time, but I think it's worth it.....no, no....I know it's worth it.

I googled Meat Hammer and for some reason, pounding meat is very popular in one particular sexual subculture.

Anyway, is this what you use:

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »
Can we say you are THE UNDERTAKER?

If that's what tickles your pickle, sure.
I've dug probably 200 graves, lowered twice as many bodies into the ground, and filled just as many holes as I lowered. I've lifted 400lbs bodies in a casket (with three-5 other workers of course), and seen 1000's of family members mourn the loss of a loved one. Only seen one "jumper" that couldn't stand to see her baby being lowered into the ground before her.
I did one service where a 12 year old girl was killed by crossing a freeway with 5 lanes in each direction...because he dad thought that was a better shortcut than using the overpass. The person that hit her was drunk. As we lowered the lid over her casket into the ground, the straps broke and nearly splintered the casket into pieces leaving her body to be seen by all bystanders. During this funeral, the procession was around 6 miles long...the cars leaving the mortuary during the service were pulling out of the driveway just as the first cars were pulling into our cemetery.
I also buried a high school acquaintance that was killed in a car accident because the girl driving the vehicle at 120+mph lost control and "forgot" to turn the car with the freeways curve. The car rolled and snapped his neck killing him instantly.
All of this and I worked in two different cemeteries for a little over 2 years total.
And then there was the green body.....that was interesting! 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »
I googled Meat Hammer and for some reason, pounding meat is very popular in one particular sexual subculture.

Anyway, is this what you use:

I'm setting aside some time this evening to thoroughly pound my meat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 09:50:19 AM »
I'm setting aside some time this evening to thoroughly pound my meat.

can you pound all kinds of meat?  Or just poultry?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »
can you pound all kinds of meat?  Or just poultry?

Any and all really.....it's a kitchen aid I can't do without.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »
100% love what I do!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »
Any and all really.....it's a kitchen aid I can't do without.

what about eggs?  how do you roll?

I've been using the southwestern eggbeaters - just so much easier than cracking so many shells each morning.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:24 AM »
what about eggs?  how do you roll?

I've been using the southwestern eggbeaters - just so much easier than cracking so many shells each morning.
I've never able to fully commit to eggbeaters....they're not bad, but I take my time in the kitchen...it's my little church of happiness so I crack the shells.   I don't eat as many during the week due to the work farts.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »

something tells me squadfather won't be able to contribute very much to this thread.
b