Author Topic: How RICH is RICH Gaspari?  (Read 22165 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: How RICH is RICH Gaspari?
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 08:20:27 AM »
Rich Gaspari is worth more than all of us combined, over our entire wage earning lifespans.

Honestly, I don't know how much Rich is worth. I don't care to know. All I know is he's a smart business man who also has a smart & beautiful wife at his side, every step of the way!

Gaspari Nutrition makes enough to be able to be a major sponsor of almost all major bodybuilding competitions, pay for extensive clinical studies to support the claims of their supplements, and pay for top notch models for the ads, promos and their booths at the expos. 

Gaspari is also very conservative. The company doesn't dish out free supps (not even to their employees), they have been very selective about which athletes they sponsor, and they only hire athlete/models to represent them (not bimbos like alot of other companies out there).

If any company is gonna survive the war of the supplements, it will be Gaspari Nutrition.

LONG LIVE THE BLUE TEAM

Yea!  Well they don't Goodrum, so they can't be that reputable.  And Goodrum was their #1 distributor in the universe.  Why don't they have Goodrum as one of their sponsored athletes (even though he isn't an athlete).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 09:43:32 AM »
He doesnt spend anywhere near what his competition is spending on marketing

I dunno... that Gaspari logo is on just about every show you see... they put $ everywhere.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »
Gaspari does put money everywhere, but compare his ads to MuscleTech ads.  I will likely write a huge article on this soon on my website exposing what to look for in ads, and use Gaspari ads as examples of good ads.  Notice he always cites the clinical proof and MuscleTech never does?  They simply say something was shown in a trial which apparently didn't make peer review...

Gaspari's ads are honest and not full of bodybuilders - usually just a picture of himself or something else similarly conservative.  I greatly respect this about Gaspari's business model.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 02:46:35 PM »
I'm not talking about print ads... rather, the logo on every website sponsor list and show curtain you come across these days.  He shows lots of love to lots of shows.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 02:57:23 PM »
That's true - it's as if he is throwing around anywhere between $1,000 - $10,000 per show, easily.  His ads are everywhere, and he is a pretty smart and driven guy so I would suspect he knows what he is doing and therefore has the ability to fund all of these endeavors.  That said, sometimes his drive works to his own detriment.  Rich reminds me of myself in this respect, in that I don't know if he really understands what balance is.  I only started figuring it out within the past eight months, and it is possible that Rich still doesn't know, although I am only speculating based predominantly on his tenacity as a bodybuilder, not so much based on his current life.  Hopefully with his supplement company solidly grounded in the industry now and with his new family, he is becoming a more balanced person than he once was.  Lee Haney even once stated that Rich's intensity was detrimental in some respects.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »
Gaspari does put money everywhere, but compare his ads to MuscleTech ads.  I will likely write a huge article on this soon on my website exposing what to look for in ads, and use Gaspari ads as examples of good ads.  Notice he always cites the clinical proof and MuscleTech never does?  They simply say something was shown in a trial which apparently didn't make peer review...

Gaspari's ads are honest and not full of bodybuilders - usually just a picture of himself or something else similarly conservative.  I greatly respect this about Gaspari's business model.
8) I must agree ! muscle tech should be closed down and the money theve generated conviscated based on false and misleading advertizing ! lets face it ! What they do is simply fraud !

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
8) I must agree ! muscle tech should be closed down and the money theve generated conviscated based on false and misleading advertizing ! lets face it ! What they do is simply fraud !

If it isn't actually fraud, I would say it is very close to it.  They probably consult with their lawyers to ensure their ads are as close to fraudulent as possible without falling under the official legal terminology for it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 03:11:50 PM »
If it isn't actually fraud, I would say it is very close to it.  They probably consult with their lawyers to ensure their ads are as close to fraudulent as possible without falling under the official legal terminology for it.
8) the only thing that prevents them from being fraud is the goverenments lack of regulation ! because the claims are all 100% bullshit and when bullshit is claimed to be fact thats FRAUD ! Its fucking sad really ! cheers !

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »
Yes, the lawyers keep them towing the legal line. They stay right on the line and add in the legally mandated disclaimers, and they're pretty safe from being sued.

Tha being said, they do get caught sometimes. EAS, Weider, etc.... have all had to refund some money based on unfounded supplement claims.

Weider being smacked around the FTC over their "Anabolic Mega Packs" is probably one of the most well known cases.

Weider probably still made out pretty well when all was said and done though.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 04:26:16 AM »
Yes, the lawyers keep them towing the legal line. They stay right on the line and add in the legally mandated disclaimers, and they're pretty safe from being sued.

Tha being said, they do get caught sometimes. EAS, Weider, etc.... have all had to refund some money based on unfounded supplement claims.

Weider being smacked around the FTC over their "Anabolic Mega Packs" is probably one of the most well known cases.

Weider probably still made out pretty well when all was said and done though.

8) Amazing isnt it ! Blatently rip people off and they come back for more ! DON KING should get into the sup business ! he has the perfect character for the job ! Only in AMERICA BABY ! ;D

Anabolic Outlaw

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »
I will likely write a huge article on this soon on my website exposing what to look for in ads, and use Gaspari ads as examples of good ads.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2008, 09:30:37 PM »

Gaspari Nutrition: "The Most Sought After Box on the Planet"

Damn right!  :o :o :o

Anabolic Outlaw and I have one thing in common: we both hate freemasons.  ;D

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=209175.0;attach=249650;image
Bodybuilding Pro.com

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2008, 05:26:53 AM »
As far as him being worth more then all of us over our entire lifespan is immature and ignorant (or someone who is new to money and has no grasp on the actual value of things).

Go eat your wheaties and smile at yourself in the mirror for once
J

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2008, 09:09:13 AM »
Go eat your wheaties and smile at yourself in the mirror for once

I'm on it....now.....JosephineD - do you swallow?  ::)

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 09:10:50 AM »
I'm on it....now.....JosephineD - do you swallow?  ::)

The comment JosephineD was for PRAXIS.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »
The comment JosephineD was for PRAXIS.

Thank you Captain Obvious  ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2008, 06:53:12 PM »
Rich Gaspari is worth more than all of us combined, over our entire wage earning lifespans.

Honestly, I don't know how much Rich is worth. I don't care to know. All I know is he's a smart business man who also has a smart & beautiful wife at his side, every step of the way!

Gaspari Nutrition makes enough to be able to be a major sponsor of almost all major bodybuilding competitions, pay for extensive clinical studies to support the claims of their supplements, and pay for top notch models for the ads, promos and their booths at the expos. 

Gaspari is also very conservative. The company doesn't dish out free supps (not even to their employees), they have been very selective about which athletes they sponsor, and they only hire athlete/models to represent them (not bimbos like alot of other companies out there).

If any company is gonna survive the war of the supplements, it will be Gaspari Nutrition.

LONG LIVE THE BLUE TEAM

No.

I don't doubt he has done very well.

But he is not a singular entity in that company.

He worked our show a few years back and told me he hooked up with some major money partners....THAT is when you started seeing the Gaspari company taking out two and four page 'advertorials...major money spoent there.

That pie is not consumed by one person. There are partners to varying extents.

Interestingly (and I am not saying this is the case TODAY)...a major east coast supp distribution company related to m,e that they would not distribute Gasparis supps because, upon visiting their warehouse in NJ (again...about 4 years ago) the place was so filthy that he (the dist. rep) "wouldn't touch anything in there..."

Just what I was told.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2008, 06:59:17 PM »

LONG LIVE THE BLUE TEAM

LOL ummm you sure JD Babe?  I worked there for over 2yrs and have seen a nice array of "bimbo's" hired lol. I know for a fact a few of them were hired JUST on their looks and pictures (i was RIGHT THERE).   Dont get me wrong some of them like Mai Tran were VERY smart and educated, but there were also some that were kinda like chew gum twirl hair n giggle type lol.  Iv been in the room gawking and laughing looking at girls pictures along with the ENTIRE Gaspari team....so dont think it doesnt happen. 

And as for not dishing out free supps to employee's...well policy must have changed lol cuz i remember sending out a fair share to each sales rep, demo rep, and everyone in the office as well lol. 

Moosejay

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2008, 07:01:29 PM »
Gaspari sponsored our NPC show a few years back and gave bags of stuff out to over 80 competitors...and their was a ton of stuff left over for the workers and our gym afterwards

Josephine D= Dearth of Credibility

Moosejay Approved

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2008, 07:25:27 PM »

Interestingly (and I am not saying this is the case TODAY)...a major east coast supp distribution company related to m,e that they would not distribute Gasparis supps because, upon visiting their warehouse in NJ (again...about 4 years ago) the place was so filthy that he (the dist. rep) "wouldn't touch anything in there..."

Just what I was told.
thats fcked up......