Author Topic: Arnold talks about Pumping Iron being FAKE. I think he's lying.  (Read 4523 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Personally, I think he's trying to take back some of this shit he did back then, by denying it. Pure and simple, Arnold got to where he is, BECAUSE he was THAT way back then. I call B.S. What do you guys think?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Arnold talks about Pumping Iron being FAKE. I think he's lying.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:56:46 PM »
I think Arnold is the man.  Anyone disagree?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:24:58 PM »
This is the first time I have heard Arnold talk since 1980. His vocabulary and language is 100% improved over those days and his intelligence shines through. His face looks different to what I remember. He is much more handsome now.

He has always been able to focus and do whatever was needed to succeed. Interesting how he used controversy to get notoriety and exposure. The bottom line is he used his brain to beat Sergio and others and that is documented by Pumping Iron and these interviews.

A pity what he said about testing bodybuilders for drugs is a lie.

Did he go to his father's funeral or not?

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:46:06 PM »
This is the first time I have heard Arnold talk since 1980. His vocabulary and language is 100% improved over those days and his intelligence shines through. His face looks different to what I remember. He is much more handsome now.

He has always been able to focus and do whatever was needed to succeed. Interesting how he used controversy to get notoriety and exposure. The bottom line is he used his brain to beat Sergio and others and that is documented by Pumping Iron and these interviews.

Sorry Vince, but have you been living under a rock? The guy was a massive movie star, and now governor of California. Do you own a tv?

Gym dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 09:56:34 PM »
Agree Arnold is the king of this sport.

GoneAway

• Getbig V

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 10:15:10 PM »
Hillary, with darker hair dye.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 10:19:32 PM »
Arnold Fuks everyone and he does it with a Huge Smile.Dude was always going places.Long Live the King.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 10:23:29 PM »
Arnold was in my living room in 1974. Sure I heard him in the movies but he was playing roles. The Youtube clips were the first I have seen where he is relaxed and talking. I smiled because I was impressed with how well he speaks now. This is the guy who had a clue about success.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 11:10:07 PM »
Personally, I think he's trying to take back some of this shit he did back then, by denying it. Pure and simple, Arnold got to where he is, BECAUSE he was THAT way back then. I call B.S. What do you guys think?

He constantly revises reality for whatever the day's agenda calls for, that's been the MO from day one. But because success rules in America and most have short attention spans it's easily forgiven and forgotten. ;) Love the way he now positions himself ("we")as part of the production when in fact Butler and Gaines were really the guys driving the thing & convincing him to compete another year. They were most reponsible for the ideas involved with the movie, promotions, financing, etc.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 11:18:05 PM »
OK, he is speaking the truth;

1- Arnold's Dad did not die while he was training for the O

2- The Mike Katz  missing t shirt was true, he lost it, BUT the Ken Waller "stealing" it scenes were added in AFTER the competition.

Arnold is full of shit-and Pumping Iron's Gains and Butler also are full of shit because they allowed that shit to go into the documentary.

But it is one hell of a show........

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 11:55:12 PM »
Is Arnold saying that Jimmy Thompson's version is correct?   :o

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 02:11:26 AM »
Arnold said the samething in the dvd when there's a scene in the movie where the director confronts Arnold on his antics. Arnold told him that he's just trying to make the documentary more interesting to the general public. It maybe in the outtakes I think.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 03:04:48 AM »
I like Arnold.

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 04:00:34 AM »

Agree

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 04:04:16 AM »
This is the first time I have heard Arnold talk since 1980.

OK. You've got to be living under a rock to have NEVER heard his voice in 28 years via movies, news, etc.  ::)

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 04:06:17 AM »
OK. You've got to be living under a rock to have NEVER heard his voice in 28 years via movies, news, etc.  ::)

"Arnold was in my living room in 1974. Sure I heard him in the movies but he was playing roles. The Youtube clips were the first I have seen where he is relaxed and talking."

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 04:07:20 AM »
Personally, I think he's trying to take back some of this shit he did back then, by denying it.

I think if there's anything he'd deny doing was smoking that joint!  ;D

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 04:09:18 AM »
Arnold was in my living room in 1974.

Was he also on your toilet?!  :o

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 06:01:34 AM »
OK, he is speaking the truth;

1- Arnold's Dad did not die while he was training for the O

2- The Mike Katz  missing t shirt was true, he lost it, BUT the Ken Waller "stealing" it scenes were added in AFTER the competition.

Arnold is full of shit-and Pumping Iron's Gains and Butler also are full of shit because they allowed that shit to go into the documentary.

But it is one hell of a show........

This stuff was addressed years ago, in the 25th Anniversary edition of Pumping Iron DVD, in the “Special Features” portion, “Iron Insights”. The things you mentioned were added to jazz up the film, because, the investors felt that just the training and competition footage was boring, as most non-bodybuilders do. As the Oak put it, ”That’s why we didn’t call it a documentary; we always call it a ‘docu-drama’, because certain things were added to the film, in order to make it more interesting.”

1 - Arnold said that he got that story from a bodybuilder in France, who claimed that he didn’t attend his father’s funeral as it interfered with his contest preparation. But, there’s a reason why he used that story. According to the Oak, it was part of the transition to make him the “heel” of the movie, as that role was originally to go to Lou Ferrigno.  However, as the production continued, the directors felt that Ferrigno couldn’t pull it off, due to his hearing problem and the overbearing role his father played in the film. Big Lou simply didn’t have the presence to be the villain of the movie. Therefore, when Arnold assumed the role, the funeral thing was used to sell how cold and heartless he could be.

2 – Indeed, “T-shirt”-Gate was a spur-of-the-moment thing for Waller, as he was just goofing around. But, the goal was to make each contest appear to be a two-man race (Waller and Katz for the Universe; Schwarzenegger and Ferrigno for the Olympia). The football scene, filmed after the Universe, was his way of dismissing Katz but leaving nothing to chance. Waller claimed that, for several years after Pumping Iron was released, he got booed at contests because of that whole scenario. To this day, he hasn’t been able to distance himself from that scene.

3 – It’s safe to say that Arnold exaggerated the issue of drug-testing in the IFBB. Yes, he did talk openly about his past steroid use, as he always does (after all, steroids weren’t illegal when he was competing). The IFBB does have testing. But, from what I’ve seen, it happens primarily among the amateurs; and most of that is internationally (i.e. outside the USA). But, Arnold used the term, "continuously" to describe the testing protocols. I think "sparingly" would be a better term.

Another thing he mentioned that you didn’t list was his comment about getting a pump. Contrary to what certain supplement companies (i.e. VPX) advertise, Arnold DOES NOT believe that a pump is as gratifying as (or more gratifying than) an orgasm. The Oak says he made that up, as something outrageous to garner more attention to himself and the film. To him, the feelings are mutually exclusive.

Also, there was no need for Schwarzenegger to “pscyh out” Ferrigno. The Oak felt that his larger opponent wasn’t ready to compete as his level. But, for the sake of the movie’s storyline, he had to act as if Big Louie was a legitimate threat (hence, the downplaying of the fact that Arnold had beaten Lou the previous year). Therefore, simply having a better physique wasn’t enough. Schwarzenegger had to convince Ferrigno that the future Incredible Hulk didn’t have what it took to beat him, that he would be “ready to lose” when the Olympia took place.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 10:17:36 AM »
I think if there's anything he'd deny doing was smoking that joint!  ;D

Nope. Schwarzenegger said that he did indeed smoke the joint, during the post-Olympia/Lou Ferrigno-birthday party. It was weed, indeed; and HE DID INHALE!!!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »
Nope. Schwarzenegger said that he did indeed smoke the joint, during the post-Olympia/Lou Ferrigno-birthday party. It was weed, indeed; and HE DID INHALE!!!!

I know you moron.  ::)

I said if there WAS anything he was to deny, it would be smokin' that joint.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 11:13:37 AM »
I know you moron.  ::)

I said if there WAS anything he was to deny, it would be smokin' that joint.

What for? He didn't deny his steroid use. Why would he deny his weed-smoking, especially if such isn't an offense in South Africa, genius?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »

?

the first time since 1980 ???

also how can a man look better at 60 than he did in his late 20's?

E
E

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
What for? He didn't deny his steroid use. Why would he deny his weed-smoking, especially if such isn't an offense in South Africa, genius?

OK. Let me see if I can break this down for your peanut brain...It was suggested to Arnold that for the re-releasing of Pumping Iron, he omit the weed scene, but he chose otherwise for the purity of the film and did not want to deny that he did in fact inhale, blah blah blah...

IF, now this is a big IF, are you understand this? IF Arnold was to deny any portion of the film, it would've been the weed scene simply because no other scene stood out as controversial as that one.

Get it? Got it? Goooooood...

Not too bright in putting two and two together, are ya?