Author Topic: Iran Begins Installing More Centrifuges  (Read 36174 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Iran Begins Installing More Centrifuges
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »

You claimed India and Pakistan get along. They don't. There were bombings in India just a few months ago by muslim extremists.
Have they annihilated each other with their nuclear weapons?  No they haven't.  End of story.  MAD works...is working.  They don't have to whisper sweet nothings to each other to avoid mutual suicide.

Can you provide factual evidence justifying that we are, in-fact, crazy enough to drop nuclear weapons again? Go ahead and do that. Considering we won't even carpet bomb cities anymore and go out of our way to avoid killing civilians, I find it hard to believe that we'll be dropping nuclear weapons anytime soon. But hey, you trying to pass your opinion off as a fact is working well.
You are not making sense.  Past performance does not guarantee future results.  Pointing out the fact that our country is the only one to use nuclear weapons is a harmless fact.  We did it two times.  And no one else has had the stones to do it again.  I was stating that "A country crazy enough to do that is capable of anything, as far as I'm concerned." as a kind of joke--remember, Hussein gassed his own people 20 years ago....!  That's why my next sentence started out, "But really, ....."  Hey, the USA has got a history.

You're showing how petty you are by dredging the events of 60+ years ago into talk about today and are only using it as fodder for proving your anti-US point.
You forgot the US's lapdog Israel too in that sentence.  I think the mass murder caused by the US in Iraq is fucking shame.  I think the fact that the US spends more foreign aid on Israel sucks b/c Israel has initiated many illegal attacks and land grabs against the arabs. 

By the way, like it was pointed out above, Pakistan and India's governments aren't influenced by religious fanaticism to the point that Iran's is.
How do you know?  Pakistan is the second largest Muslim country on the planet.   Mortal enemies preserved by MAD.  Why is that so difficult to understand.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2008, 12:22:53 PM »
Decker, if India and Pakistan get along, why is it that these once combined nations are now individual nations?

What was the reason behind the revolution?

ALL the heads? Are you 100% sure it was ALL the heads?

I can Google up some powerful names saying that dropping the bomb helped stabilise the situation and end the war.

In hindsight it's easy to know exactly what to do.
"LeMay: The war would have been over in two weeks without the Russians entering and without the atomic bomb.

"The Press: You mean that, sir? Without the Russians and the atomic bomb?

"LeMay: Yes, with the B-29…

"The Press: General, why use the atomic bomb? Why did we use it then?

"LeMay: Well, the other people were not convinced…

"The Press: Had they not surrendered because of the atomic bomb?

"LeMay: The atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the war at all."

"It is my opinion that the use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were almost defeated and ready to surrender...in being the first to use it, we...adopted an ethical standard common to the barbarians of the Dark Ages."
---Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy,
Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during World War II

Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, commander in chief of the Pacific Fleet, quoted by his widow:
". . . I felt that it was an unnecessary loss of civilian life. . . . We had them beaten. They hadn't enough food, they couldn't do anything." And – E. B. Potter, naval historian wrote: "Nimitz considered the atomic bomb somehow indecent, certainly not a legitimate form of warfare."

Rear Admiral Richard Byrd:
"Especially it is good to see the truth told about the last days of the war with Japan. . . . I was with the Fleet during that period; and every officer in the Fleet knew that Japan would eventually capitulate from . . . the tight blockade."

Rear Admiral Lewis L. Strauss, special assistant to the Secretary of the Navy:
"I, too, felt strongly that it was a mistake to drop the atom bombs, especially without warning." [The atomic bomb] "was not necessary to bring the war to a successful conclusion . . . it was clear to a number of people . . . that the war was very nearly over. The Japanese were nearly ready to capitulate . . . it was a sin – to use a good word – [a word that] should be used more often – to kill non-combatants. . . ."

Henry H. "Hap" Arnold, Commanding General of the US Army Air Forces.
". . . [F]rom the Japanese standpoint the atomic bomb was really a way out. The Japanese position was hopeless even before the first atomic bomb fell. . . ."

Eisenhower was equally appalled, writing in his 1963 Mandate for Change that when he learned from Stimson at Potsdam that use of the bomb was imminent, “I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives. It was my belief that Japan was, at that very moment, seeking some way to surrender with a minimum loss of ‘face.’” http://japanfocus.org/products/topdf/2479

There are a lot more quotes just like that from some big guns.

I don't know why Truman discounted their advice.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2008, 12:23:54 PM »
Decker excels at passing opinion off as fact.
Ok smart guy, look at the above quotes and tell me, "that's opinion"...

Do take your time.

I'll wait.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2008, 12:31:22 PM »
I said I could Google and get people to back my position as an insult.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2008, 12:40:43 PM »
Great...but a message had to be sent to the Russians. No message and maybe we end up glowing as a result of the Cuban missle fiasco or even sooner.
L

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 14, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »
I said I could Google and get people to back my position as an insult.
We'll never know what the opinions were before the bombing b/c the Manhattan Project was top secret.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: April 14, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »
Great...but a message had to be sent to the Russians. No message and maybe we end up glowing as a result of the Cuban missle fiasco or even sooner.
MAD worked with the Russians.  They backed down.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2008, 01:37:38 PM »

It took 2 years, ...but finally HH6 proved my original point made here 2 years ago that the dropping of those bombs was not the end of World War II, ...it was the opening shot of World War III, and an announcement to the entire world "Meet Your New Masters". The bombings of Hiroshima & Nagasaki, had nothing to do with Japan, ...and everything to do with Russia.

Thank you. It took you lomg enough, ...but if you keep them talking long enough ...eventually the truth slips out.

It's time for you to run along and take your punishment from Rupert Murdoch like the good little soldier you are.
tsk., tsk., spilling secrets instead of keeping up with the party lie... run along...
w

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

Oh, so it was the russians who were the initiators of the arms race?  ::)