Author Topic: Is there such a thing as someone having Thick skin...  (Read 3095 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
Is there such a thing as someone having Thick skin...
« on: April 08, 2008, 12:40:08 PM »
I have lost 15 pounds equaling 4 inches of my waist in 4 months but and my abs are in but there is this layer that I cannot get rid of.  IIs there really something known as thick skin???
I am a grown ass man

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Is there such a thing as someone having Thick skin...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
i wouldn't be worried about it too much man, you're an impressive looking dude sizewise from the shot i've seen of you.

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »
i think you need to up your dosage ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »
i think you need to up your dosage ;D
you wouldn't say that if you saw him, big mofo.

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
post some pics

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »
I never beleived that some people have thicker skin than other people.  I do beleive that some people store more fat subcutaneously than other people giving the illusion of thicker skin.  Also, that thick skin look can be attributed to holding water.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
post some pics
he's got a training thread going on the training board, it's somewhere on that, the guy is a pro wrestler and about 290 pounds.

jetcity

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »
found it! but this look more than a little flab yo...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »
IMO the skin thins as you age, so the definition and quality get better. Maybe you just need some more time to really get more definition.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »
I have lost 15 pounds equaling 4 inches of my waist in 4 months but and my abs are in but there is this layer that I cannot get rid of.  IIs there really something known as thick skin???
what's your BF%  ?

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 06:08:16 PM »
Yes there is "thick skin."  In these days of drugs nobody seems to discuss it anymore.

Zero carbs, no milk, months of dieting help the "condition."

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 09:05:24 PM »
try cutting your sodium, cutting your wheat, cutting your carbonated beverages, and using a mild anti estrogen and some herbal diuretics.

it might just be water retention.

i know that when i finally got down to a low boy fat %, i thought that i was doomed to never see my abs clearly because of what i thought was 'thick skin', but i tried cutting my soddium and upping my broccoli (natural anti-estrogen) and my abs got pretty clear in a few days.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 09:40:40 PM »
thanks guys. 

i am lifetime drug free, and will be 30 in a month .

i don't drink milk, unless i am having some coffee or soda. lots of water and maybe 1/4 gallon of crystal light daily

afraid to cut sodium because i am trying to look good long term, in case i make it to tv one day.

don't know what bf% is, trouble spot is stomach but i can see striations and veins in arms, chest, shoulders etc.

I will try the brocolli candidizzle

cool man, most cruciferous vegetables contain phytochemicales called INDOLES that are natural anti estrogens.  you can use any one of them.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »
Plenty of people have thick skin. You see lots of Northern Europeans (Irish, British, Scottish) with that pasty thick skin like Ricky Hatton, where even at low BF levels, there are no veins and poor definition. A lot of it is genetic. It just means that you were meant to be a mountain climber or skier and not a bodybuilder.
BigNationRadio.com

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 07:08:30 AM »
Plenty of people have thick skin. You see lots of Northern Europeans (Irish, British, Scottish) with that pasty thick skin like Ricky Hatton, where even at low BF levels, there are no veins and poor definition. A lot of it is genetic. It just means that you were meant to be a mountain climber or skier and not a bodybuilder.

Again.  No such thing as "thick" skin.  It's a myth.  Some people just carry more subcutaneous fat than others.  Also the look can be a function of water retention.

Stavios

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 07:24:57 AM »
Again.  No such thing as "thick" skin.  It's a myth.  Some people just carry more subcutaneous fat than others.  Also the look can be a function of water retention.

thats also what I think

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 08:04:34 AM »

that is me....irish, english, german....i have never had that vascular look in my forearms like some people do....wish i did

is vascularity directly related to thick skin? obviously i mean when a person is lean

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »

No it's not...

but just for fun, could you define what "thick skin" is then???
just not good enough