Author Topic: Honestly...  (Read 2734 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Honestly...
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 06:48:12 AM »
All contenders from Wolf, to cutler to heath all SUCK!  Fortunate for them they are competing against each other and not some of the better physiques of the past like Shawn Ray or Levrone or Flex.

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »
you might need a new pair of glasses or to look at some more pics and footage. have you seen Pumping Iron?

http://www.builtreport.com/1972olympia.html
http://www.builtreport.com/1975olympia.html

Actually, I still haven't seen "Pumping Iron". Strange isn't it?
But thanks for the link but still I find Nubret harder and with nicer muscle bellies. Arnold's legs looked pretty decent in 75, good separation but no size. And the '72 pics, shit, I would give it to Oliva right away. Just confirms what I've been feeling for a while now: Arnold is overrated IMHO. His chest and arms are outstanding with shoulders to match. Back looks good but nothing compared to Robinson.

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
But thanks for the link but still I find Nubret harder and with nicer muscle bellies. Arnold's legs looked pretty decent in 75, good separation but no size. And the '72 pics, shit, I would give it to Oliva right away. Just confirms what I've been feeling for a while now: Arnold is overrated IMHO. His chest and arms are outstanding with shoulders to match. Back looks good but nothing compared to Robinson.
Ron - Cancel his account

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
well heaths muscles like most pros today have the smooth synthol look, like they are pumped with whatever substance is available just for the sake of getting more and more size on them. its not like they gain it with hard training anymore. its all about how much of this and that.

i do know what look ur talking about, but who cares if he does deflate when he gets off stage? unless ur trianing for competition, there's not alot of reason or sense to stay freaky big year round (ala jay).

Oliva is a freak, no question. i can just imagine a shot like this, on a big poster, saying... "Wanna look like THIS? Get liftin', son."

thanks to builtreport for the pic

I don't see u disputing the fact that Arnold was better than Nubret in '72 ;) and Arnie's legs were no smaller than Serge's in '75. infact, they look bigger

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 02:04:21 AM »
Well, thanks to you and those links I do agree that in '72 Arnold looked better than Nubret. Also Nubret's legs weren't clearly as good as his upper body and Arnold has better separation on his quads in '75. But I'd still give it to Nubret if only for the general aesthetics and an better overall conditioning.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 05:17:30 AM »
Well, thanks to you and those links I do agree that in '72 Arnold looked better than Nubret. Also Nubret's legs weren't clearly as good as his upper body and Arnold has better separation on his quads in '75. But I'd still give it to Nubret if only for the general aesthetics and an better overall conditioning.

By 'overall conditioning', I'm guessing you mean Serge's midsection?

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 06:18:56 AM »
Even though I acknowledge the fact that Arnold had an amazing upper front body, Serge (I won't say always this time) looked as beeing harder and you're right especially the midsection which is crazy (though his abs are not that pleasing to look at). Even his arms and pecs have great shape, fullness and at the same time seem hard as rock. I'm a bit suspicious about what Serge says about how he trained but he had a certain density that you don't see that much on bodybuilders who do mainly high-volume.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
Even though I acknowledge the fact that Arnold had an amazing upper front body, Serge (I won't say always this time) looked as beeing harder and you're right especially the midsection which is crazy (though his abs are not that pleasing to look at). Even his arms and pecs have great shape, fullness and at the same time seem hard as rock. I'm a bit suspicious about what Serge says about how he trained but he had a certain density that you don't see that much on bodybuilders who do mainly high-volume.

Serge may have been harder than Arnold. in pics and P.I. it seems that way, but they were both as ripped (if that makes sense), as evident by Arnold's cross-striations in his chest, cuts on his quads/arms/abs, etc. not to be racist, but i think Serge's black heritage may have been an influence in his ability to get hard, as Dexter Jackson has a similar thing going on, even though his quads are not even as separated as Arnold's from 30+ years ago. ;)