Author Topic: Petraeus points to war with Iran  (Read 3572 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Petraeus points to war with Iran
« on: April 11, 2008, 04:57:40 AM »
This is Bush's last chance to strike and, when Iran responds, to effect its nuclear castration. Are Bush and Cheney likely to pass up this last chance to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities and effect the election of John McCain? For any attack on Iran's "terrorist bases" would rally the GOP and drive a wedge between Obama and Hillary.

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=61277

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Petraeus points to war with Iran
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:32:06 AM »
It laid out why and how etc. Bush has a very good reason to launch attacks but poltically and economically this will be a major disaster. Buchanan seems to think this will cause problems for the Dems...not sure about that.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:35:31 AM »
Is attacking Iran going to stop them from getting nuclear weapons?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »
I guess the point would be that there would be very little left of Iran's military or those particular plants. I am not in any way in favor of bombing Iran but if the US military is actually allowed to do what we're good at....there won't be much left of Iran's conventional military.
L

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:00:49 AM »
Why shouldnt Iran be able to have nuclear weapons too?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:01:57 AM »
I guess the point would be that there would be very little left of Iran's military or those particular plants. I am not in any way in favor of bombing Iran but if the US military is actually allowed to do what we're good at....there won't be much left of Iran's conventional military.

I agree, but....

is that going to stop it?

And when they do get some nukes, don;t you think they will be very motivated to just say the "hell with it, we are on a mission from Allah and we will sacrifice our whole country to use these against the USA"?????

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:42 AM »
Because their government is currently infiltrated with radical extremists that don't have the same thresholds for use.  I hope the younger generation of Iranians coming up see the world, and their Islamic religion differently.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:08:02 AM »
Why shouldnt Iran be able to have nuclear weapons too?

Because they will be tempted to protect their country from other countries who are proffesional occupiers......*cough USA cough*....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:10:23 AM »
Well we'd set them back a long way...but  shootfighter1 has been advocating either a popular uprising or other means to diffuse this sitution and i agree. I think we can work to destablize the current government from within. Let them keep crushing the students...at some point if the uprising is big enough, troops will not fire on their own people..but it has to be big enough. Professional occupiers... ::)
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 09:23:16 AM »
could they hit selected targets without throwing the whole gulf into a major mess, stopping the oil flow?

I could care less if we take out lots of bad guys... but stopping the oil flow by destroying the country means $20 per gallon gas here, doesn't it?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:26:07 AM »
could they hit selected targets without throwing the whole gulf into a major mess, stopping the oil flow?

I could care less if we take out lots of bad guys... but stopping the oil flow by destroying the country means $20 per gallon gas here, doesn't it?

LOL.   Just like we were supposed to benefit from Iraqs oil......prices tripled.. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 09:28:33 AM »

LOL.   Just like we were supposed to benefit from Iraqs oil......prices tripled.. ;D

Tripled, you are right.  And that's for 5 years. 

Look at 15 or 20 years.  Keeping the iraqi oil pegged in dollars is very valuable too.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 09:29:33 AM »

U could wipe out their navy, hit the plants, destroy as many military bases as u could but the Quds forces could mine the Gulf via rafts or small trawlers, gas will go up. They would cause major attacks inside Iraq. We would destroy their offensive conventional forces, but thats not really the problem.
L

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 09:33:02 AM »

Because they will be tempted to protect their country from other countries who are proffesional occupiers......*cough USA cough*....

exactly, i dont blame them for wanting to have nuclear weapons to protect themselves against countries like Isreal and Usa.
Who are we to decide who can have them and who dont. the best is that no country posseses them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 09:34:58 AM »
Yeah...because Israel is planning on nuking Iran...right. Or we are as well.....dude what friggen planet are u on.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 09:36:22 AM »
Tripled, you are right.  And that's for 5 years. 

Look at 15 or 20 years.  Keeping the iraqi oil pegged in dollars is very valuable too.

Youve got to accept that the dollar will be gone soon, my freind... :-\    This is intentional work of the fed reserve and military to break us into an unfixable state.

I think china is in on it too...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »
Yeah...because Israel is planning on nuking Iran...right. Or we are as well.....dude what friggen planet are u on.

Wow.  i didnt know you were a worldwide telepathic artist. Apparantly you believe you know all countries intentions, 24 hrs a day to eternity.    Amazing.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 10:09:26 AM »
yep..we're the bad guy and Iran is sweet an innocent...i guess u missed the last 27 years.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
yep..we're the bad guy and Iran is sweet an innocent...i guess u missed the last 27 years.

As usual you swing to far.   There is propaganda on both sides.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 10:15:16 AM »
ehh Iran hasnt attacked countries for more than hundred years?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »
It's already been established that Petraeus is a White House mouthpiece/puppet.

"...the [Petraeus] report ... would actually be written by the White House, with inputs from officials throughout the government."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/blog/2007/08/16/BL2007081601003.html

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
how surprising ::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »

After fucking up in two countries since 2001, they've still got the gumption to suggest attacking another.... testament to how fucked in the head some people are. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 02:35:30 PM »
ehh Iran hasnt attacked countries for more than hundred years?

I guess u missed all the terror groups that Iran actively supports. How about our Marines in Lebanon, the hijackings in the 80's. All the attacks launched on Israel. Shall I continue...
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 08:38:13 AM »
I guess u missed all the terror groups that Iran actively supports. How about our Marines in Lebanon, the hijackings in the 80's. All the attacks launched on Israel. Shall I continue...

Like we didn't hear the same crap about IRaq. Look how we solved that problem.

Idiot!