Author Topic: Cycle Prep  (Read 1297 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Cycle Prep
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:54:58 AM »
Do you guys do anything in particular before starting a cycle?  For example, do you start proviron before the 1st injection to lower SHBGs and lower aromatization enzymes (or Adex for the same purpose)?  Or do you bald bastards ;D start finasteride or dutasteride before the cycle to knock out existing 5a/5b reductase?

Also looking for obvious stuff like checking lipid levels, liver function, psa, blood pressure, etc.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Cycle Prep
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 06:55:44 AM »
I don't usually start taking any anti-e's until the second week.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:58:09 AM »
What's your opinion of Proviron Rim?  I know AJ doesn't like it, but there's a sticky on Steroidology that makes it out to be the best thing ever.  ???

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 06:58:55 AM »
What's your opinion of Proviron Rim?  I know AJ doesn't like it, but there's a sticky on Steroidology that makes it out to be the best thing ever.  ???

I've never used it - but that's mainly been because of the price. I've heard mixed things about it from guys I know. However, I don't think it's necessary for a successful cycle.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:01:08 AM »
Cool.  Just saw your M-W-F Adex preference in the other thread.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:05:30 AM »
Cool.  Just saw your M-W-F Adex preference in the other thread.

I've never felt the need for more.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 07:15:46 AM »
Any baldness prevention that you do?  I just put on my first spray of minoxodil today  ::) so I want to line up something for DHT inhibition too.  Damn genetics.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »
Any baldness prevention that you do?  I just put on my first spray of minoxodil today  ::) so I want to line up something for DHT inhibition too.  Damn genetics.

None, hair is thinning slightly but nothing crazy. I'm not sure there's really anything you can do when on cycle - for some reason I thought I read somewhere that a DHT blocker is useless on cycle (but I could be wrong). If it's genetics - I say fuck it & just shave it all off.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »
There is NO reason to use Proviron to lower SHBG. ALL steroids lower SHBG! The more steroids you take the lower your SHBG, not the other way around like many seem to think. And considering the amount of androgens in the system on a typical cycle makes SHBG levels pretty inconsequential anyway.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 07:35:39 PM »
finasteride would block dht the same way arimidex blocks estrogen.  both cut off the conversion enzyme.

van, , if your using armoatizeable compounds and your not using an anti aromatase, the the high levels of estrogen could result in raised levels of shbg....in that case, wouldnt proviron be of use?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 10:43:27 PM »
van, , if your using armoatizeable compounds and your not using an anti aromatase, the the high levels of estrogen could result in raised levels of shbg....in that case, wouldnt proviron be of use?

Yes estrogen increases SHBG but the testosterone totally overrides this effect. The net effect will be lowered SHBG. All steroids will lower SHBG like I said so you don't need to take Proviron in particular to lower it. When you're on a cycle your androgen levels will be so high that a small further decrease in SHBG will be inconsequential anyway.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
damn, thanks van,  your a money saver for sure   ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 11:30:31 PM »
No love for the Proviron here or on Steroidology.  Guess that solves that.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »
It's not that I don't like it, I just find it unnecessary...doesn't mean it's worthless.

2 of my friends swear by the stuff. One of them is a top 15 national level competitor, the other is one of my regular training partners...and both of these guys are much bigger badder bastards then I am. Now they don't use it "pre-cycle" like you're talking about, they use it as part of their PCT.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »
I was considering running it through the cycle as an AI since I'm not on very heavy T doses.  The libido increasing and SHBG reducing effects sounded appealing.  At this point I won't rely on it as an effective AI though.  Starting some things before the 1st shot was just a notion I wanted to throw out there to see if anyone did it.

There lots or articles out there which make it sound great, but not many guys seem to include it regularly.  Even if it was hard to find, I would think guys would make a point of getting it or there's be a lot of "wish I could find some ProV" comments around, yet it's rarely mentioned.  It's interesting to hear that you know 2 guys who like it tho.

I'm only planning my second trip, and it occurs to me that if I'm varying doses, adding multiple compounds, etc, I'll never be sure of what to credit or blame for effects, so if I miss the proviron this time around it's not the end of the world.