Author Topic: PBW: Superbowl Champ Bill Romanowski (Plus: Mark Dugdale & Gina Aliotti) Replay  (Read 34268 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Presents: "Bodybuilding in the NFL" with Bill Romanowski - Replay Now Available!

"Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" welcomes 4-time Superbowl Champion Bill Romanowski for a special edition of bodybuilding talk radio.  During his 16 years in the National Football League, Romanowski won 4 Superbowls and played in 243 consecutive games as a member of the San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Oakland Raiders.  During his years as one of the leagues best Linebackers, Romanowski also established himself as a leading training and supplementation advocate.  One of only 3 players to win "back to back" Superbowls with 2 different teams, Romanowski discusses how bodybuilding has transcended the NFL and how it helped him become one of the games most feared players.   

Plus:  "Pep Talk" - Larry welcomes Ms. Figure International Champ Gina Aliotti along with an update from former USA champ Mark Dugdale and his plans for the 2008 contest season.

Visit the PBW Broadcast Center for "on-demand" access at www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Replay Update:  Last week's broadcast with Rich Gaspari and UFC fighter James Irvin is now available on-demand. Replays courtesy of Bodybuilding.com.

PBW is presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuildng.com and by Flex Magazine. 
Additional sponsors include Bodywell Nutrition, The Muscle Asylum Project, MuscleTime.com, Max Muscle and The Vein Centre of the Palm Beaches.
PBW: The official radio show of the 2008 Olympia Weekend.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Romanowski has been involved in numerous altercations with both teammates and opponents. In 1989, while with the 49ers, he had one with offensive tackle Harris Barton after Barton had taken exception to a hit Romanowski had made on wide receiver Jerry Rice during a practice session. In 1995, while with the Eagles, he was ejected from a game — and subsequently fined $4,500 — for kicking Arizona Cardinals running back Larry Centers in the head. Three more incidents occurred during the 1997 season while he played for the Broncos: In the first, he was fined $20,000 after his hit on then-Carolina Panthers quarterback Kerry Collins in a preseason game resulted in Collins sustaining a broken jaw; in the second, Romanowski spat in the face of 49ers wide receiver J.J. Stokes in a regular-season game played in December on a Monday night in response to Stokes' taunting; and in the third — in the AFC Championship game — Romanowski taunted Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart following an interception Stewart had thrown in the third quarter of the game, won by Denver. Two years later, while still with the Broncos, he was fined a total of $42,500 for three illegal hits plus a punch thrown at Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, and was also fined an undisclosed amount for throwing a football at Bryan Cox of the New York Jets, the ball hitting him in the crotch area.

In 2003, Romanowski injured one of his teammates, Marcus Williams, during a scrimmage. Williams, a backup tight end for the Oakland Raiders, was forced to retire after Romanowski crushed his eye socket with a punch. Williams took him to court seeking $3.4 million. Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice, who had played with Romanowski, said that he had "crossed the line" in an admittedly violent sport. Williams was awarded $340,000. Though this was only a tenth of what he sought, Williams said that it was not really about the money but that he and his attorneys "just wanted to prove what was right and wrong about football".

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
ALL DRUGS

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
ALL DRUGS

That guys was crazy!  Won a lot of championships and made a lot of enemies.  I think he was one of Conte's Balco guys?
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I saw him interviewed on 60 minutes I think where he was weeping like a pussy about something.

Melvin Goodrum

• Getbig III
Romanowski has been involved in numerous altercations with both teammates and opponents. In 1989, while with the 49ers, he had one with offensive tackle Harris Barton after Barton had taken exception to a hit Romanowski had made on wide receiver Jerry Rice during a practice session. In 1995, while with the Eagles, he was ejected from a game — and subsequently fined $4,500 — for kicking Arizona Cardinals running back Larry Centers in the head. Three more incidents occurred during the 1997 season while he played for the Broncos: In the first, he was fined $20,000 after his hit on then-Carolina Panthers quarterback Kerry Collins in a preseason game resulted in Collins sustaining a broken jaw; in the second, Romanowski spat in the face of 49ers wide receiver J.J. Stokes in a regular-season game played in December on a Monday night in response to Stokes' taunting; and in the third — in the AFC Championship game — Romanowski taunted Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart following an interception Stewart had thrown in the third quarter of the game, won by Denver. Two years later, while still with the Broncos, he was fined a total of $42,500 for three illegal hits plus a punch thrown at Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez, and was also fined an undisclosed amount for throwing a football at Bryan Cox of the New York Jets, the ball hitting him in the crotch area.

In 2003, Romanowski injured one of his teammates, Marcus Williams, during a scrimmage. Williams, a backup tight end for the Oakland Raiders, was forced to retire after Romanowski crushed his eye socket with a punch. Williams took him to court seeking $3.4 million. Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice, who had played with Romanowski, said that he had "crossed the line" in an admittedly violent sport. Williams was awarded $340,000. Though this was only a tenth of what he sought, Williams said that it was not really about the money but that he and his attorneys "just wanted to prove what was right and wrong about football".

Romanowski's old school when it came to football.  He did his job which was crush his opponents.  A lot of football games where won by Denver from him putting the quarterback out on a stretcher. 

Romanowski is one of the people that made football great.... ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
Love the guy.

He's the meaning of a football player 100%

When the pads go on....there's a switch that gets turned on.  When he played (even in practice) he played like it was the last time he put on pads.  He realized at any minute he would be considered 'too old' or 'too slow' for the game.

You have to admire that.

So he was considered 'dirty'.

So what?  

Sportsmanship & good conduct on the field doesn't win games.  It may earn you respect with your oponents...but who really gives a shit.

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
I thought his book was pretty interesting.

This should be a good show.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Romanowski is a piece of shit as a human being.

What do you care and how do you even know that?

Romanowski personified the term NFL player.

A badass and true warrior on the field. Guy never missed a game and played full speed all the time. Games and in practice. The players who bitched about him were pussies.

Name another player in the NFL that played 16 seasons with the best of the best year after year.

There isn't many, is there?? Not to mention 4 rings and a chance at a fifth in '02 with the Raiders.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

I'm trying to understand why Ron labeled him as a 'future Hall of Famer'.

It's supposed to be the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
What do you care and how do you even know that?

Romanowski personified the term NFL player.

A badass and true warrior on the field. Guy never missed a game and played full speed all the time. Games and in practice. The players who bitched about him were pussies.

Name another player in the NFL that played 16 seasons with the best of the best year after year.

There isn't many, is there?? Not to mention 4 rings and a chance at a fifth in '02 with the Raiders.
Clay Matthews

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
The book was great.

Like when he went to a defence meeting with a upper body full of acupuncture needles!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Best book ever written on sports.That guy was the most hardcore human being ever.He spared no expense,left no rock unturned and did everything a human being could possibly do to become great.Awesome book!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
Clay Matthews

And Jackie Slater. And Darrell Green, Jerry Rice. To name a few.

Older guys who could still perform at a high level versus younger players year after year.

Romo was a beast. Yeah, he was dick for spitting in a player's face on National TV but I would take a guy like that on my team anyday of the week. Any team he played for, his teammates loved him(except the Raider TE incident). Opponents hated him.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
spitting in the face used to happen all the time until these pc dickheads made it an issue.......oldskool.... fuckin right Romo is a badass

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Have you actually communicated with him? i can attest that he is a nice guy off the field. during his career Bill would often spend some time in my home town and train at golds during the off season. Pat Bowlen owned a restauant here and i think he would let Romo stay at his house. i used to see him every off season for like five years or so. in person he isnt that big, about 6'2 or so pretty muscular, he does have long arms for his height though thats one thing that caught my attention. he would have his trainer and chiropractor in the gym with him always, he did some crazy/weird exercises. Romo used to do kettle ball exercises with 110 lb dumbbells. he said hello to everyone and would just act like a regular at the gym.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
I remember his rookie year with the 49ers in '88. Made a name for himself intercepting Boomer Esiason in the Super Bowl early in the game to prevent a sure touchdown pass.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
What's with having athletes on PBW, all of a sudden?
HAHA, RON.....

body88

What's with having athletes on PBW, all of a sudden?

Supplements have gone mainstream. All the biggest supplement companies have focused most of there resources on sports supplementation, energy products and fitness. All the money is in the mainstream, no one gives a flying fuck about bb besides bodybuilders and gays. Pro athletes draw more listeners, and they mirror the direction of the sponsers ( suppliment companies).

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Supplements have gone mainstream. All the biggest supplement companies have focused most of there resources on sports supplementation, energy products and fitness. All the money is in the mainstream, no one gives a flying fuck about bb besides bodybuilders and gays. Pro athletes draw more listeners, and they mirror the direction of the sponsers ( suppliment companies).

Good point.

HAHA, RON.....

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
Balco has some good suppies

Mad Nickels

• Getbig III
  • Team MD
yawn
I lost my cherry at www.gymstories.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Have you actually communicated with him? i can attest that he is a nice guy off the field. during his career Bill would often spend some time in my home town and train at golds during the off season. Pat Bowlen owned a restauant here and i think he would let Romo stay at his house. i used to see him every off season for like five years or so. in person he isnt that big, about 6'2 or so pretty muscular, he does have long arms for his height though thats one thing that caught my attention. he would have his trainer and chiropractor in the gym with him always, he did some crazy/weird exercises. Romo used to do kettle ball exercises with 110 lb dumbbells. he said hello to everyone and would just act like a regular at the gym.

you ever see romo benching?

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."

....Sometimes 10 words is all you need to get your point across. Well put.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I met him this weekend at the Boise Fitness Expo, and he was pretty cool. Took a number of pics with him, and he seemed very nice.  On the field and off the field, people are different. And his story regarding Victor Conte and EAS is quite interesting.