Author Topic: The Posing round  (Read 3941 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
The Posing round
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
I know it's an integral part of every bodybuilding show, but is it really necessary? It gays up the contest the most and provides most of the guys nowadays a venue to do absurd stuff like 'stripper routines', if not twirl to ballads like a damn ballerina ::)

Wouldn't the contest be  better if it was just the prejudging and the finals? Maybe as part of the prejudging, there could be a 30 second - 1 minute posedown each time, so the guys can do other poses that aren't in the mandatory ones. Or maybe the guys could just take a minute or so after their individual call out. This way, the show doesn't have to be split between the prejudging and the finals either.

Just want to know what some of the other meat heads here think. Now that we all have the internet, pros and others should just save their posing sessions for their site's subscribers. I know I won't miss it cause it's just boring to watch 99% of the times.

Beener

• Getbig IV
Re: The Posing round
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »
I've totally thought that many times. But honestly the posing is sorta needed, the poses are always much more badass then than in prejudging. They just need a rule like "no faggoty ass posing", that means no Kai Greene wizard of oz bullshit, no shawn ray shit (its too slow and 'graceful' - gay), and no more Will Harris weird shit that dudes just fucked.

Thats what seems good about Dennis Wolf so far, he doesn't do any of that, just hits the manditories really well.

Kai green just fuckin makes up poses, like since when is a rear double bi where the guy squats down like hes about to take a dick up his ass while flexing his bicep.

Ultimate poser, Branch Warren.

The end.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 06:14:04 PM »
nah yoru crazy
posing round is the best round
thats when you can become a fan of the personality, not just the physique....   
and also, for a person competing, its all about the posing round...at least, thats what i look forward to the most..is being able to get up on stage to my own music and do my own routine..hit the shots i want to hit..   get the crowd all juiced up like in 2003 when everybody went crazy during ronnies routine when he turned to the back....ooooohhh shit i get tingles all ove just thinking about that...coudl you imagine how awesome that would be?? to get that reaction..??  up on stage..  damn...
nah, your crazy, posing round is the best round

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 06:34:36 PM »
nah yoru crazy
and also, for a person competing, its all about the posing round...at least, thats what i look forward to the most..is being able to get up on stage to my own music and do my own routine..hit the shots i want to hit..   get the crowd all juiced up like in 2003 when everybody went crazy during ronnies routine when he turned to the back....ooooohhh shit i get tingles all ove just thinking about that...coudl you imagine how awesome that would be?? to get that reaction..??  up on stage..  damn...

Totally correct dude, but Ronnie kept it straight up hetero. Sure he danced n did crazy shit, but it was all manly not like kai green lets fit shit up my ass poses. See what im sayin.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
agree with candi.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 07:41:35 PM »
heres the routine i was talkini bout

for thos eof you who DONT KNOW ;D

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 07:42:46 PM »
nah yoru crazy

Yeah that's the dream right there...

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 07:43:53 PM »
heres the routine i was talkini bout

for thos eof you who DONT KNOW ;D

That back is just crazy big

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »
fuckkkkkkk\\

shoulders tomorrow bayby but i cant wait untill then watching this vid makes me PUMPED

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
CD, mind me axing what your weight is up to these days?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
not enough! but im gettign there

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »
not enough! but im gettign there

i hear ya

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »
The posing round is okay, but should be revamped.  Instead of pre-judging and finals, I would just have one show.  Nothing worse than having to stick around all day when you're at a show in order to catch the finals.  Have pre-judging, then announce the top 6 and let them pose to music.  No use letting the 23rd place finisher pose. 

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »
the posing round is one of the last vestiges of the artistic era of BBIng and in itself gives depth to BBing (it becomes more than just lifting, it adds another realm of artistry to BBIng like the aspect of a BBer being a careful sculptor)---------

today these clods stumble around the stage with all the grace of drunken gorillas.

is it with any surprise that the greatest and most transcendental figure in BBIng, Arnold, gave a lot of credence, care and thought to the artistic nature of BBIng.  This is what is missing from pro BBIng today, the focus has been skewed.

SirTraps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
the posing round is one of the last vestiges of the artistic era of BBIng and in itself gives depth to BBing (it becomes more than just lifting, it adds another realm of artistry to BBIng like the aspect of a BBer being a careful sculptor)---------

today these clods stumble around the stage with all the grace of drunken gorillas.

is it with any surprise that the greatest and most transcendental figure in BBIng, Arnold, gave a lot of credence, care and thought to the artistic nature of BBIng.  This is what is missing from pro BBIng today, the focus has been skewed.

extremely ghey post  :-\

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »

at least someone gets it.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 08:08:10 PM »
    extremely ghey post  :-\
why because it contains actual thought

if u want to talk shit come down to the Y :-*

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »

:)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »
The posing round is essential for a contest, it shouldn't be removed.....it just has to be "cleaned" from "abusers".

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 01:14:14 AM »
That's what posing should be, like in the Arnold days. None of this "soulja boy gun tell 'em" shit.

It's supposed to be posing, not dancing/strip class. It's fine to be creative, but keep the faggotry to a minimum.
It's Hip to be Square!

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 06:45:46 AM »
I know it's an integral part of every bodybuilding show, but is it really necessary? It gays up the contest the most and provides most of the guys nowadays a venue to do absurd stuff like 'stripper routines', if not twirl to ballads like a damn ballerina ::)

Wouldn't the contest be  better if it was just the prejudging and the finals? Maybe as part of the prejudging, there could be a 30 second - 1 minute posedown each time, so the guys can do other poses that aren't in the mandatory ones. Or maybe the guys could just take a minute or so after their individual call out. This way, the show doesn't have to be split between the prejudging and the finals either.

Just want to know what some of the other meat heads here think. Now that we all have the internet, pros and others should just save their posing sessions for their site's subscribers. I know I won't miss it cause it's just boring to watch 99% of the times.
The posing round is where the competitors get to present their physique in exactly the way that they want to. It is also, arguably, the round that could potentially bring new fans to the sport, after they see them on the likes of youtube etc.

(Determinator: official getbig *Big 6* member)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
Big Bubba in da house