Author Topic: Settling down or waiting in line for the Grim Reaper...  (Read 1458 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Settling down or waiting in line for the Grim Reaper...
« on: April 11, 2008, 11:57:15 PM »
From a biological standpoint the propagation of DNA is a perfectly understandable and rational endeavour; from a biological standpoint, it is the very purpose of our existence. However, as homo sapiens has in many ways moved beyond his genetic/evolutionary limitations (e.g. birth control, art, etc.), I cannot help but think that the routine of 'settling down', i.e. giving up the interesting (and yes, at times exasperating existence) of the road warrior/transient expatriate is tantamount to waiting in line to die. Do not misunderstand me; oblivion is the final destination for us all but the very concept of 'settling down', at least in terms of its ideation, seems to hasten the process (in an abstract way). I cannot help but equate it with resignation. I am only speaking for the standard definition of 'settling down'. Of course there are arguments that could be made for other types of non-linear 'settling down'. A man and woman could choose to propagate their DNA whilst living abroad, changing country every few years or so, just as an example, but how many people actually do this? Not many based solely on observation. Most people, particularly Anglophones I have met, have some ultimate plan, which upon close inspection conforms to the standard pattern of resignation. One cannot exclude man's deep need for security from this equation, despite the fact that the security sought after is entirely illusory and can be torn forth from the seeker's grasp in the blink of an eye. Still, taking all such factors into account (reproductive drive, need for security, etc.), I have to pose the question why, if man is able to supersede and transcend evolutionary boundaries and limitations, most people, much like lemmings, line up to wait in line for death in the most unimaginative ways.

What do you think?
I hate the State.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: Settling down or waiting in line for the Grim Reaper...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
To be honest with you....this is all I've been thinking about since I saw it....

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=209740.0
HAHA, RON.....

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:22:08 AM »
Settling down or waiting in line for the Grim Reaper...
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 12:25:49 AM »
I forgot this is Getbig... ::)
I hate the State.

io856

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 12:35:19 AM »

hahahhhhhaha, what is that picture suggesting?

Discuss.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 01:01:17 AM »
Mankind is done. Evolution of mankind has ceased as it is no longer needed. Whit this a goal is reached and mankind is ready to end it's existence in human form.

And begin computerize to a silicon life form where a new evolution will take place. Nothing to worry about and a perfectly natural step that has already started. Internet was only the beginning.

As a physical existence will only be regarded as a hindrance so moving away from the 3rd dimension, and from the 4th dimension there is no way back.

So forget about DNA and biological standpoint and whatever you were talking about, nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 07:54:15 AM »
Mankind is done. Evolution of mankind has ceased as it is no longer needed. Whit this a goal is reached and mankind is ready to end it's existence in human form.

And begin computerize to a silicon life form where a new evolution will take place. Nothing to worry about and a perfectly natural step that has already started. Internet was only the beginning.

As a physical existence will only be regarded as a hindrance so moving away from the 3rd dimension, and from the 4th dimension there is no way back.

So forget about DNA and biological standpoint and whatever you were talking about, nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps!

It sure does...
I hate the State.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 08:04:22 AM »
From a biological standpoint the propagation of DNA is a perfectly understandable and rational endeavour; from a biological standpoint, it is the very purpose of our existence. However, as homo sapiens has in many ways moved beyond his genetic/evolutionary limitations (e.g. birth control, art, etc.), I cannot help but think that the routine of 'settling down', i.e. giving up the interesting (and yes, at times exasperating existence) of the road warrior/transient expatriate is tantamount to waiting in line to die. Do not misunderstand me; oblivion is the final destination for us all but the very concept of 'settling down', at least in terms of its ideation, seems to hasten the process (in an abstract way). I cannot help but equate it with resignation. I am only speaking for the standard definition of 'settling down'. Of course there are arguments that could be made for other types of non-linear 'settling down'. A man and woman could choose to propagate their DNA whilst living abroad, changing country every few years or so, just as an example, but how many people actually do this? Not many based solely on observation. Most people, particularly Anglophones I have met, have some ultimate plan, which upon close inspection conforms to the standard pattern of resignation. One cannot exclude man's deep need for security from this equation, despite the fact that the security sought after is entirely illusory and can be torn forth from the seeker's grasp in the blink of an eye. Still, taking all such factors into account (reproductive drive, need for security, etc.), I have to pose the question why, if man is able to supersede and transcend evolutionary boundaries and limitations, most people, much like lemmings, line up to wait in line for death in the most unimaginative ways.

What do you think?

Have a few shots...watch this video at least twice, and you'll feel much better  ;)

just not good enough